Who is In California?

Of course I have.
It's not the first time though so I really don't see it ever happening

Neither do I. It's one of those things where I'd have to see it to believe it; I've really only heard of one person I know supporting it, which makes me think there just isn't enough support for it.

Northern California here, I do kinda see it as too different states (not that one is better than the other), but it's just such a different environment..... any who I hope we are all enjoying our weekend. .. have fun

Northern California here, I do kinda see it as too different states (not that one is better than the other), but it's just such a different environment..... any who I hope we are all enjoying our weekend. .. have fun

I've lived all over this state over the past few years, and you're correct, Northern and Southern California do have two varying, distinctive feels to them. But rather than looking at it as North/South, I look at California as if it's under a microscope of America itself. At any given time, this state is experiencing every single season all at once through various locations, there are rivers, mountains, lakes, deserts and the ocean, and the culture/racial diversity is easily unmatched.

This state is a cornucopia of diversity, which is good and bad at the same time: good because there is variety in what you can see and interact with, but bad because there's a lack of unity and identity, which partly has something to do with the proposed separation of the state.

I've lived all over this state over the past few years, and you're correct, Northern and Southern California do have two varying, distinctive feels to them. But rather than looking at it as North/South, I look at California as if it's under a microscope of America itself. At any given time, this state is experiencing every single season all at once through various locations, there are rivers, mountains, lakes, deserts and the ocean, and the culture/racial diversity is easily unmatched.

This state is a cornucopia of diversity, which is good and bad at the same time: good because there is variety in what you can see and interact with, but bad because there's a lack of unity and identity, which partly has something to do with the proposed separation of the state.

I couldn't agree more

Neither do I. It's one of those things where I'd have to see it to believe it; I've really only heard of one person I know supporting it, which makes me think there just isn't enough support for it.

Yea.
Like others just said before I think it being split into would work just because nothern and southern California are so different in so many ways (weather, culture, etc.). But again, the support is just eh.

I know the lastest petition was for it to split into six states and that was just because it would make some guy in silicon valley like super rich and then that state wouldn't be in debt.

Yea.
Like others just said before I think it being split into would work just because nothern and southern California are so different in so many ways (weather, culture, etc.). But again, the support is just eh.

I know the lastest petition was for it to split into six states and that was just because it would make some guy in silicon valley like super rich and then that state wouldn't be in debt.

I vaguely heard about that. I don't know, seems to me like they're just trying to do too much with this idea.

I vaguely heard about that. I don't know, seems to me like they're just trying to do too much with this idea.

I know someone who signed the petition (they didn't really support but idk) and basically the whole splitting into six states if mainly for economic reasons. Because california is in such debt, about 3 of the states would be uber wealthy with the other three in super debt.

I know there was a buzzfedd article somewhere detailing it all but yea
Point is even when/if it makes it on the ballot it won't pass.

I know someone who signed the petition (they didn't really support but idk) and basically the whole splitting into six states if mainly for economic reasons. Because california is in such debt, about 3 of the states would be uber wealthy with the other three in super debt.

I know there was a buzzfedd article somewhere detailing it all but yea
Point is even when/if it makes it on the ballot it won't pass.

It sounds like a good idea in theory, but you're right, it just won't happen.

Back