Who do I email? Been stuck in pending for 20 days.

Stratothrax

DreadWolf
I've had some stuff stuck in pending for 20 days. This seems unusual from my past experiences and what I've read of others experiences on this forum.

Is there an email of the person who approves works that I can contact to figure out and discuss what is happening with?

Don't email. Private Message Laurel. She is one of the owners and is the one person who vets all the stories on the site.

PM her giving her the date you submitted and the Title.

By the way if you went in and click on the pending item and then click the submit button that will put the item at the end of the queue. So, if you done that lately, just wait. New authors take longer than established authors. And if there is a contest running, the go first.

Now if you haven't done all that... PM Laurel. Upper right corner of the page under your name... Private Messages.

Don't email. Private Message Laurel. She is one of the owners and is the one person who vets all the stories on the site.

PM her giving her the date you submitted and the Title.

By the way if you went in and click on the pending item and then click the submit button that will put the item at the end of the queue. So, if you done that lately, just wait. New authors take longer than established authors. And if there is a contest running, the go first.

Now if you haven't done all that... PM Laurel. Upper right corner of the page under your name... Private Messages.

I Pm'd her, I wasn't certain what to put in the recipients' box, I assumed her username is just "Laurel", hopefully that is correct and the message was received.

And I'm not sure what to think, I don't think I've done anything to cause a delay, nothing different from my previous submissions anyway. I guess I'll hold off on trying to guess what happened until I get a reply.

I Pm'd her, I wasn't certain what to put in the recipients' box, I assumed her username is just "Laurel", hopefully that is correct and the message was received.

And I'm not sure what to think, I don't think I've done anything to cause a delay, nothing different from my previous submissions anyway. I guess I'll hold off on trying to guess what happened until I get a reply.
Stories fall through cracks from time to time. It will either go live in a few days or be returned with a reason for rejection. I doubt you'll get a direct reply, though.

Stories fall through cracks from time to time. It will either go live in a few days or be returned with a reason for rejection. I doubt you'll get a direct reply, though.

This ^^^^ and sometimes Laurel does make a mistake, not too often, but sometimes, when she is typing in the date for it to post/publish.

And yes, the recipient is Laruel.

Back