Where do I get rid of my Playboys and Penthouses?

Back before the internet, I had a collection of Playboy and Penthouse. I had several collectible issues, Vanna White and Vanessa Williams in Penthouse, Raquel Welsh and other celebs in Playboy, including every month of Playboy from 1983 to 1995. Through a friend, I found a dealer that paid me $750.00 for my collection. During the pandemic and a bored search, I realized I got a deal. The internet has killed the value of the old collectibles because all those pics, stories, cartoons, etc. can now be found some where on-line.
That Vanessa Williams Penthouse got me through several teenage years. Hot AF.

My Dad said he read it for the articles.

51nlgWJWXrL._SX357_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

When did Penthouse go full penetration? I remember getting an issue 15 years ago or so and the dude was balls deep in the girl. And even left a cream pie as an ending. In my day it was all tease and no penetration. Actually that was hotter to me.

LOL! I remember those days, or a buddy finding his dad's stash and sharing it with us. Now, all they have to do is pull up their phone and they have instant access to way more hardcore stuff then we had back then.
Somehow I think boys would still find a way to enjoy them.

Besides, magazines don't have browser histories or suffer from low batteries or poor connections.

I vote "woods" as well, just be sure to protect them from rain; they're going to get dripped on enough as it is.

(There's a chance girls will happen upon them first and remembering my contemporaries, they will make excellent trades for them.)

I had a large number of magazines that I had kept over the years, including a couple decades worth of Playboys. When I decided to get rid of them I spent some time looking for someone that might want to buy them, but the potential profit was not worth the effort. They ended up going into the the recycling bin.

Leave them in the nearest ditch or woods for the next generation to benefit from them. Never understood why that’s a thing but it definitely is.

I would like to donate them somewhere.
I've seen them selling for chump change at the flea markets...
Not worth the effort.
I hate to just throw them out.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
eBay, you can make a little dough and get them into the hands of real collectors

Despite anecdotal claims of value, no one has stepped up with cash. Just throw them in the nearest dumpster.

I'm in a similar boat. Lot of 70's and some 80's Playboy and Penthouse mags plus a few 90's.

Makes no sense keeping them. But then they are pretty cool to still have.

It's kinda like physical money. Makes little sense keeping a wad of cash in your wallet when a plastic card is quicker. But all just feels so good in your hands.

Back