What's something you've always wanted to ask the opposite gender?

• Thread starter 12568978534691178521
  • Start date
Lit is like The Voice. Competition is fierce!

You gotta make a good impression and do it fast. Otherwise, you're out on your ass.

Figure out what you're good at, refine your approach, and give it all you've got.

Marketing, baby! ;)

I've got older since my first go, got evovle as you go too.

I just try to make you smile, then laugh, then well I bet you know.

Lit is like The Voice. Competition is fierce!

You gotta make a good impression and do it fast. Otherwise, you're out on your ass.

Figure out what you're good at, refine your approach, and give it all you've got.

Marketing, baby! ;)

I'm ashamed to admit how excited I'd get if Adam turned his chair.

Okay. Another question...

I have had this one on my mind for awhile. It's another scenario, and this is something I have literally never experienced.

Last year in December I met someone from an online dating site. We grabbed a coffee and did a museum one Sunday morning. We were out for 6 hours talking. Everything went great. He walked me home and texted me immediately. We decided to go out again on the Tuesday. Guy's business at the time wasn't in the city and so he mentioned we would play it by ear because he had to drive out of town. For me it was no issue, except that he left me hanging. Finally he messaged at 10pm to be like...hey how's it going, I called, we chatted, went nowhere. Didn't hear from him for a few days.

I left to go back home for Christmas, the morning I left to fly back to Canada, he texted me at 6am to wish me a safe flight and that he hoped we could meet up when I got back (I didn't message until later that evening). He messaged me every few days. Christmas. New Years etc. I got back and ended up with a wicked sinus infection. Was off work for a week. In that time we were supposed to talk. I was supposed to call. He was supposed to call. Wires got crossed. I told him to man up (Lol). Whatever I let it go. Started seeing someone else.

Well, I ended it with the "someone else". Took a break from dating for a few months and decided to take a vacation with a friend of mine from back home. We decided on Miami in May.

A week before I left I got a message one the dating app (even though I hadn't been on in months) and it was this guy from December. You know, the usual compliments and niceties. I was hesitant, but was like...whatever. He was under an enormous amount of stress with his business at the time, things weren't working blah blah blah. All that to say, he made mention we should meet up when I'm back. And we did. I went over to his place one night and we had another 6 hour long chat. This time he was a little more forward than the last time about a few things. Anyway, nothing happened, but he drove me home.

Next day, same thing...wants to meet up again. Try to make plans. He doesn't follow through. We basically become texting buddies and a few pics back and forth. At this point I become very forward and tell him exactly what I want. I mean, really, I have never had to try this hard to get a man to my place. I'm 10 years younger and literally a 3 minute drive...and finally we just stop chatting. His hours seem to be strip club hours 12pm-7am.

Sorry for the long story. But why bother? Like, seriously? Why go through the trouble, as a man? What makes you do something like this? I was annoyed. Like, legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had this one on my mind for awhile. It's another scenario, and this is something I have literally never experienced.

Last year in December I met someone from an online dating site. We grabbed a coffee and did a museum one Sunday morning. We were out for 6 hours talking. Everything went great. He walked me home and texted me immediately. We decided to go out again on the Tuesday. Guy's business at the time wasn't in the city and so he mentioned we would play it by ear because he had to drive out of town. For me it was no issue, except that he left me hanging. Finally he messaged at 10pm to be like...hey how's it going, I called, we chatted, went nowhere. Didn't hear from him for a few days.

I left to go back home for Christmas, the morning I left to fly back to Canada, he texted me at 6am to wish me a safe flight and that he hoped we could meet up when I got back (I didn't message until later that evening). He messaged me every few days. Christmas. New Years etc. I got back and ended up with a wicked sinus infection. Was off work for a week. In that time we were supposed to talk. I was supposed to call. He was supposed to call. Wires got crossed. I told him to man up (Lol). Whatever I let it go. Started seeing someone else.

Well, I ended it with the "someone else". Took a break from dating for a few months and decided to take a vacation with a friend of mine from back home. We decided on Miami in May.

A week before I left I got a message one the dating app (even though I hadn't been on in months) and it was this guy from December. You know, the usual compliments and niceties. I was hesitant, but was like...whatever. He was under an enormous amount of stress with his business at the time, things weren't working blah blah blah. All that to say, he made mention we should meet up when I'm back. And we did. I went over to his place one night and we had another 6 hour long chat. This time he was a little more forward than the last time about a few things. Anyway, nothing happened, but he drove me home.

Next day, same thing...wants to meet up again. Try to make plans. He doesn't follow through. We basically become texting buddies and a few pics back and forth. At this point I become very forward and tell him exactly what I want. I mean, really, I have never had to try this hard to get a man to my place. I'm 10 years younger and literally a 3 minute drive...and finally we just stop chatting. His hours seem to be strip club hours 12pm-7am.

Sorry for the long story. But why bother? Like, seriously? Why go through the trouble, as a man? What makes you do something like this? I was annoyed. Like, legit.

My instincts tell me he is married. Or seeing someone in an on again off again capacity.

Honestly he sounds attached, has something or someone stopping him from committing to fun.

Did he ever come over?

My instincts tell me he is married. Or seeing someone in an on again off again capacity.

Not married. Divorced. I knew suspected he had a few FWB. I was right, still, something we spoke about and nothing that caught me off guard. Which seemed to put him at ease.
Honestly he sounds attached, has something or someone stopping him from committing to fun.

Did he ever come over?

Yup. Could certainly be that. Almost one night, had he been half an hour earlier and I hadn't fallen asleep.

I chock this experience up to him not being that attracted to me, which is totally fine, but the game..like oh my God. Like...jesus.

Not married. Divorced. I knew suspected he had a few FWB. I was right, still, something we spoke about and nothing that caught me off guard. Which seemed to put him at ease.

Yup. Could certainly be that. Almost one night, had he been half an hour earlier and I hadn't fallen asleep.

I chock this experience up to him not being that attracted to me, which is totally fine, but the game..like oh my God. Like...jesus.

You must handle the game like chess, equal parts tease and bait and finishing moves.

You must handle the game like chess, equal parts tease and bait and finishing moves.

Oh man. That ends with me. I love the chase believe it or not, as a woman I do not mind running after it, but this was out of this world. I've never been stood up. That's what this guy did. So, like...nope.

For real, right? :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, how oldish are you? You'll get less tolerant of that nonsense as you age. Fucking put that shit to bed and move on.

Oh man. That ends with me. I love the chase believe it or not, as a woman I do not mind running after it, but this was out of this world. I've never been stood up. That's what this guy did. So, like...nope.

Nah bring stood up is the worst, we really should be able to write review on people we meet lol.

I'm as confused as you. Commitment phobia, maybe. :confused:

You send a pm. They answer. You reply. They answer again. You stop. Why? How does one know after just a few messages if they want to continue?

I usually know after 1-3 messages.
I’m too old for this shit.

Ladies:

At what point in your life did you find the Dad bod passing the six-pack up the totem pole?

Back