What kinds of rps u men prefer?

Keiiii

Life is a movie
I'm new here, just tried a few roleplays. It's been interesting so far. I wanted to get your opinion on the question above. U could dm me too. I want to have fun.

Last edited:
I think it's good to focus on the story and characters' relationship building tension and all, but its called a Sexual Roleplay thread for a reason. That should be the goal you and your cowriter should be working towards. If the sex isn't the goal you're heading towards then you're in the wrong place. And that needs to be managed very carefully. Hold it off until it's a volcano about to erupt or hold off the sex until everyone loses interest. It's real easy to mess it up unless you and your cowriter is careful about it.

I think it's good to focus on the story and characters' relationship building tension and all, but its called a Sexual Roleplay thread for a reason. That should be the goal you and your cowriter should be working towards. If the sex isn't the goal you're heading towards then you're in the wrong place. And that needs to be managed very carefully. Hold it off until it's a volcano about to erupt or hold off the sex until everyone loses interest. It's real easy to mess it up unless you and your cowriter is careful about it.

I think that’s similar to a romance novel and so true, where’s the balance between the smut and the story.

I do prefer more story than sex of late, there’s only so many times you can write he ramed his hard cock into her pussy… I have always said I prefer a 60/40 split story to smut, but it’s not an exact science.
This post of yours makes me miss the workshop for srps thread you had going a while back.

I think that’s similar to a romance novel and so true, where’s the balance between the smut and the story.

I do prefer more story than sex of late, there’s only so many times you can write he ramed his hard cock into her pussy… I have always said I prefer a 60/40 split story to smut, but it’s not an exact science.
This post of yours makes me miss the workshop for srps thread you had going a while back.

That's true for romance novels where you want the balance to be more story with the sex to spice up the story, but the goal to those is the deepening of the relationship between the two main characters.

In a SRP the goal is to have the sex scenes mean something to the story. So, it's the reverse of a romance novel. The story is to serve as spice to the sex scenes.

It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Tiffany Reisz:

“I know people think erotica is just a romance novel with rougher sex. It's not. If it's a subgenre of anything, it's horror.

Horror? Really?

Romance is sex plus love. Erotica is sex plus fear.”

In this case: Romance is story plus sex. SRPs or Erotica is Sex plus story.​

I'm new here, just tried a few roleplays. It's been interesting so far. I wanted to get your opinion on the question above. U could dm me too. I want to have fun.
Depends on what both partners are looking for on both wavelengths. Also, I agree with both posters above me as well.

First off, I am not male. But I wanted to weigh in on this topic of conversation.

I believe it all depends on what you want/like/desire from a story and what your writing partner wants/likes/desires.
Obviously if it were only about you, you could simply write your own story, and have in it anything and everything you enjoyed.
But the niche here is writing with a partner. And feeding off one another. But again, it has to be the right partner, and you have to be the right partner for him, for both of you to enjoy.

My suggestions are:
1. Write up a SRP profile and post it on the Profile page. You can follow the LINK in my signature to get there. There is a format to follow and be as detailed as you want. Read others as well, to maybe connect with Writers you are interested in
2. If you see/read a RP story that you like, and you enjoy the writing, reach out the the Male Writer and see if perhaps he will discuss a starting a story with you. And as the story progresses, share ideas, etc. You do not have to plan the story out completely, let it develop, but do not be afraid to reach out to discuss where you want your character to go, do, experience...

The most important thing to any thread is communication. It's important to know going in how often you expect a post, how long you expect a post, and how often you expect the post. As far as how often the sex is "supposed to be", that again depends on the thread, but I like it to be dependent on the plot. I've had entire plot points planned out with my partner, but then changed on a dime, because of the way a situation felt in the moment. I like a highly collaborative style of writing so that it makes a smoother read for those following along, but it still leaves room for throwing curve balls to each other.

Back