what are the criteria for the "Hot" rating on a story?

AmberSolis

Virgin
I've been reading stories on Literotica for at least 4 years, maybe a bit longer. When I first discovered the site, for at least three months iit was all I did, in my spare time, read stories on Literotica. I wa sknocked out by the sheer level of creativity in the story ideas, and the level and quality of much of the writing by the site's many authors! Eventually, I was inspired enough, and found enough courage, to create a membership and start publishing my own works.

I tried Amazon, too. That was going well until somebody there actually read one of my stories and I was summarily banned.
So I've been writing here for a little while, now. I have been absolutely blown away by the reception of my stories. It's been astonishing, and I thank you all. The number of reads, the comments, and even fan e-mail have just exceeded my wildest expectations, eclipsing any response I ever got on Amazon.

I was especially surprised, pleasantly so, to see a couple of my stories get the red "Hot" label. In this crowd, I just never thought I'd see that on my stories. So now I'm curious: what are the criteria for having the "Hot" label applied to a story? I fear it's become somewhat addictive!

I've been reading stories on Literotica for at least 4 years, maybe a bit longer. When I first discovered the site, for at least three months iit was all I did, in my spare time, read stories on Literotica. I wa sknocked out by the sheer level of creativity in the story ideas, and the level and quality of much of the writing by the site's many authors! Eventually, I was inspired enough, and found enough courage, to create a membership and start publishing my own works.

I tried Amazon, too. That was going well until somebody there actually read one of my stories and I was summarily banned.
So I've been writing here for a little while, now. I have been absolutely blown away by the reception of my stories. It's been astonishing, and I thank you all. The number of reads, the comments, and even fan e-mail have just exceeded my wildest expectations, eclipsing any response I ever got on Amazon.

I was especially surprised, pleasantly so, to see a couple of my stories get the red "Hot" label. In this crowd, I just never thought I'd see that on my stories. So now I'm curious: what are the criteria for having the "Hot" label applied to a story? I fear it's become somewhat addictive!
Comments and volume seem to be the thing that a story needs, that and an engaging presentation.

I believe that a story must have a rating of 4.5 or higher to get the “Hot” label.

I don't think it's difficult to come up with a formula for writing red H hot stories. I once suggested TFPP = two fucks per page. Though I said it tongue in cheek, provided you hang a reasonable plot around the fucks and have edited the grammars, then, yea - you'll get red Hs. You'll never be able to predict exactly how a story will score, but Lit readers just want to get their rocks off.

The question is, do you want to write wank stories for ever? There are a few authors with something like 500 red H's and I look at that and think 'Wow, kinda obsessive behaviour.' But .... it's not harming me and I'm not going to tell them how to have fun. I think that's the key - write because you enjoy it and it's fun. Observe the TFFP rule and you'll get the bonus 4.5 score.

If the question is under what conditions will the site award a red H, it’s quite simple - a mean rating of 4.50 or higher, with at least 10 votes. Only nine votes giving a rating of 5.0 won’t do it.

The problem, as noted, is how to garner an average rating of 4.50? To that question there are as many answers as there are readers.

Good luck.

Back