Voting - A Devils advocate perspective.

My last one in group was the best performer I've ever had in the category. Up about 400 votes over previous entries.

Odd how things evolve/devolve. I wrote a few group stories in my first years here and all were well received and the readership seemed fairly 'easy' doesn't sound like that's the case now.

If I had anything lying around that would fit I'd post it just to see what would happen

I'm cautious about making statements about evolution or devolution because I firmly believe there's a huge level of unpredictability. RejectReality said he had a recent story in the category that was successful. Sometimes you can write a good story that falls through the cracks for whatever reason, or there's something about it that just doesn't work for some readers. My story has done pretty well in terms of views and favorites but I suspect it just didn't work for a number of readers. I'm disappointed in the score but I can't argue with the readers' reaction. I'll just move on and write the next story.

I'm cautious about making statements about evolution or devolution because I firmly believe there's a huge level of unpredictability. RejectReality said he had a recent story in the category that was successful. Sometimes you can write a good story that falls through the cracks for whatever reason, or there's something about it that just doesn't work for some readers. My story has done pretty well in terms of views and favorites but I suspect it just didn't work for a number of readers. I'm disappointed in the score but I can't argue with the readers' reaction. I'll just move on and write the next story.

The story is written, so it'll go to Group and I'll find out how they like it.

Actually, after watching the hub for a while I figured my best bet was to build the title, tags, and short description to be appealing to readers on the New list, rather than trying to specialize them to Group. Among other things, Group seems to be the Bi capitol of Lit, and my story isn't Bi.

I will say that "You Serious?" may have that thing that happens sometimes when a story just takes off. I felt as if the final coda of the sex scene was a little weak compared to the build-up, but readers apparently didn't see it that way.

It also shot up and took #1 on the all-time list for the Threesome category elsewhere. So it may have just been lightning in a bottle. I looked back, and the group story I released most recently before this one was one of the worst performing ones I've ever put there. It had about half my typical average in votes. That one was shy of 300, while the new one is north of 1k.

I will say that "You Serious?" may have that thing that happens sometimes when a story just takes off. I felt as if the final coda of the sex scene was a little weak compared to the build-up, but readers apparently didn't see it that way.

It also shot up and took #1 on the all-time list for the Threesome category elsewhere. So it may have just been lightning in a bottle. I looked back, and the group story I released most recently before this one was one of the worst performing ones I've ever put there. It had about half my typical average in votes. That one was shy of 300, while the new one is north of 1k.

I'm fine with something shy of three hundred votes.

However, this did get me thinking and while admittedly I can't speak for all I can only suggest with an analysis of read rates and total votes I have received in my short time here then said votes are from 0.4% of my readers.

Wait a second. You mentioned noncon. I didn’t think to look, but I just pieced it together with the lower vote percentage. If you write noncon, that genre definitely follows its own statistical rhythm when it comes to vote, view, comments, feedback messages percentages and I can totally see where you’re coming from.

I'm fine with something shy of three hundred votes.

It's just lackluster for me in the category. Although, it was written for a completely different category elsewhere, so that's probably part of it. It's as much the pilot kink as it is a threesome. Hit the average there, where it was categorized for the kink instead of the threesome. Here, Group was the best fit, because it isn't fetish enough for the fetish category.

I'm tickled pink with "Inexcusable" breaking 100 votes in Letters & Transcripts. I was only expecting maybe 50 votes and about a 4.2 out of that one. Seriously off brand — especially here.

Back