Victory in the Fight for a ($15hr) Living Wage!

Chobham's correct. You can tax them as much and as high as you want and that is regarded as a cost which is built into the prices of goods and services that are passed on to the consumer. The consumer pays the taxes because the little guy cannot pass the tax cost on.
No, the relationship you are referring to here is not perfectly elastic (almost nothing is). And whoever convinced you of that knew they were lying.

Nope. No one ever said that. What we did say was that a living wage was one thing we needed, not a silver bullet.

A living wage wouldn't cause that. (And it really wouldn't be a bad thing if Americans ate less junk food anyway...)
When there is no market there is no business or jobs, clown.

Why not $20.00. Seriously. $15.00 is enough to wipe ot every "starter job" i ever had. 20.00 isn't that much different, and it sounds much better. I could get by on $800/wk.

Why not $20.00. Seriously. $15.00 is enough to wipe ot every "starter job" i ever had. 20.00 isn't that much different, and it sounds much better. I could get by on $800/wk.
We're talking about the "Minimum Wage" for entry-level employees which was never intended to be a "living wage."

We're talking about the "Minimum Wage" for entry-level employees which was never intended to be a "living wage."
I lived off of a minimum wage out of high school.

Many people did.

It's not meant for a family, but you should be able to afford early adulthood needs while you pursue higher wages.

Minimum wage is just that, the minimum by law you can pay ANY employee, entry level or not you dumbfuck....Christ can you just once get some basics facts correct????

When there is no market there is no business or jobs, clown.
A living wage law wouldn't wipe out businesses or jobs. Fiscal austerity will.
Actually that is exactly what the minimum wage was intended for in the first place. But we already knew you neither know nor want to know anything about history past Reconstruction.

Nope. No one ever said that. What we did say was that a living wage was one thing we needed, not a silver bullet.

A living wage wouldn't cause that. (And it really wouldn't be a bad thing if Americans ate less junk food anyway...)

Nobody is going to pay $20 for a head of lettuce either.

THE POINT, you unmitigated dipstick, is that when you raise the basic or minimum wage, the cost of the goods goes up to cover it. That leads to inflation. Which lowers the buying power of those newly increased wages you created.

The scale ALWAYS balances.

Nobody is going to pay $20 for a head of lettuce either.

THE POINT, you unmitigated dipstick, is that when you raise the basic or minimum wage, the cost of the goods goes up to cover it. That leads to inflation. Which lowers the buying power of those newly increased wages you created.

The scale ALWAYS balances.
Balances against those who remain disadvantaged, yes. Capitalism will always be leveraged against the lower class. And those who inherit wealth remain advantaged.

Vetteman may be gone, but his fascination with objects inserted in mens' rectums lives on in Ishmael.

We know why,....

The actuality is that it's not the objects being inserted that causes us to wince, but the inability on our part to understand WHY you KEEP shoving large pain inducing things up your own ass all the time.

The actuality is that it's not the objects being inserted that causes us to wince, but the inability on our part to understand WHY you KEEP shoving large pain inducing things up your own ass all the time.
Oh look...IKYABWAI! Timmeh is so very witty with his comebacks.

Oh look...IKYABWAI! Timmeh is so very witty with his comebacks.

Hey, it's your ass you keep shoving things into. I'm just here for the free show while watching you do it. Repeatedly. Painfully, and with much commentary on how you're the victim of your own perversions. After all, if those damned Repubs wouldn't keep handing you those large objects you wouldn't keep inserting them all the way into your open, willing, and waiting rectum.

Hey, it's your ass you keep shoving things into. I'm just here for the free show while watching you do it. Repeatedly. Painfully, and with much commentary on how you're the victim of your own perversions. After all, if those damned Repubs wouldn't keep handing you those large objects you wouldn't keep inserting them all the way into your open, willing, and waiting rectum.
Your fetish with violating other mens' asses is a tad disturbing. One a scale of 1-to-Vetteman, you're an 8.

Your fetish with violating other mens' asses is a tad disturbing. One a scale of 1-to-Vetteman, you're an 8.

I live to please. So, are you ready for the next solid object? I promise I won't lube it this time so it hurts more when you jam it in there hard and fast.

I know, I know, you're already dribbling your pathetic weak jizz on the floor in anticipation but I promise that if you wait a little bit it really will hurt and you'll enjoy it more.

How would a Value Added Tax fund Social Security and Medicate without payroll taxes?
First of all the Fair Tax is a flat tax on consumption, not a VAT tax. Those programs don't care where the money comes from. Do we really have to have a tax for this and a tax for that? Death from a thousand taxes.

Back