Update On New Literotica Interactive Story Format

AlinaX

Story Slut
Is it really too much to ask for some kind of update on what is happening with this? I was excited about this a year ago, but at the moment it just feels like a tease. What is the point of publishing code snippets if there's little hope of actually publishing stories in the next five years?

Writing interactive fiction can be very time-consuming, so why should anyone invest any time and effort into something that may or may not actually be supported?

Is it really too much to ask for some kind of update on what is happening with this? I was excited about this a year ago, but at the moment it just feels like a tease. What is the point of publishing code snippets if there's little hope of actually publishing stories in the next five years?

Writing interactive fiction can be very time-consuming, so why should anyone invest any time and effort into something that may or may not actually be supported?

We've been working on it every day for months, sorry for the delays.

We were too ambitious with the first BETA release of our custom GUI editor and it didn't work as well as we hoped in some browsers. We went back to a more basic system for the initial/BETA launch (with the idea that people can use Inky for editing until we get the more advanced tools online) and we're close to the public BETA launch.

Our main priority right now is getting the new Author Profiles out. The new Interactive Story format is closely linked to the new Author Profiles (they share some tech).

Once the new Author Profiles are released (should be within weeks if not sooner), the new Interactive Stories will be close behind. :nana:

Sorry again for the delays. We're very excited about the new system and we want to be able to share it with you.

Even if it does come out, I may or may not use it. I enjoy reading interactive stories but not always writing them. It's mostly the necessity of including Evil Paths people expect these days.

I plan on using it. Looking forward to the launch. Thanks for the update.

If it launches, I'll definitely have a go at a story and could potentially see myself doing lots depending on how it all pans out. I had a play with ink this time last year and came close to finishing an experimental story.

I may take a shot at this. I was working in Ren’py game before I started publishing in Literotica, but I got sick of making art for it.

Last edited:
Back