TSCLT 5.0:The Hemi Dungeon Powered By Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a standard model Que. I had a friend that used to restore those models and the shorties as well but the 'stretch' version was the most popular. Well done restoration that.

I guess I've just never noticed. I've always thought they were about the same size as Jeeps.

I don't actually know what this thing was. It just said Land Cruiser on it and it look like an old conventional Land Cruiser only longer. Like about a 1969 one. It had a vanity license plate that probably means something and I can't quite make it out in the picture but it looks like HKBK

attachment.php

attachment.php

I should have taken a picture of the other side because it had this cool fold out aluminum table along the side and a monster truck Jack affixed to the back of the front left quarter panel behind the mirror.

It looks like it has some kind of a safari roof on it as well.

My only criticism is it looks too pretty to take off road.

why are you taking pictures of stranger's vehicles in a seedy motel parking lot :confused:

WE KNOW WHY! :D

Nonsense.

"Clean Rooms" "Color TV with Remote!" "Air-Conditioned" "Under New Management" and "American Owned!"

Not seedy at all.

I will remind you Wat when the time comes.

Tomorrow will be the start of an unplanned 3 day weekend for the others, I'm the last one not sick so I shall be working from home and tending to the ill. At least I can avoid the coffee shop conversations tomorrow.

Happy Friday, albeit a day of no meaning as far as weekend-type stuff here. It's just work times a lot for the next few days.

There will be an attempted Dawn sighting this evening, so there's that.

I think we have an inspector through today, I believe that this one is about money - the ever-popular draw visit.

The coffee is better this morning. I haven't used the inhaler yet, so there's that . . . .

tumblr_orlazdcSZf1w9x464o1_1280.jpg

Morning Wat.

Know your local inspector. Is he honest or is he gonna 'red tag' ya until he receives the appropriate gratuity? I had to deal with one of the latter types down in Fl. once. He finally got set-up and nailed to the wall. Slimy bastard.

This is the draw inspector. He's straight-arrow and an Allah-fearing man. I've known him for 10 years now

Actually, he prefers Jeebus, but still.

He's also 1000% by-the-book, and very much the picker of nits.

At least we know exactly what we have.

qItb0pj.jpg

Picker's of nits can be tedious but at least they're honest. When I've run across one of those I try to get them on the scene early and often so as to make certain one of those nits isn't an expensive one.

Out here the only inspectors I've had to deal with have been electrical and county at that. I've met them all and they're mostly laid back. When I've missed a detail they didn't red tag me, they just said, "Fix it and email me a pic. of it fixed." Very convenient way to go about things I thought.

The county is all but unstaffed. They have an old guy who's trying to retire, and he's Everything.

I've had that kind of inspector before, and I'd almost rather not have an inspector.

Building permit application fees are largely a kind of property tax anyway.

The last municipality I had to get inspections in had life-safety things they were checking, and that was pretty much it.

tumblr_nsdp30Q3dK1u8lnmbo1_1280.jpg

I haven 't had to deal with the city(s) out here yet. Don't plan on it if at all possible. Actually I wouldn't have had to deal with the county on those particular jobs if it weren't that I was relocating the entrance power, which got the power company involved, which required permitting, and so on. The power co. was easy enough to deal with. Make the app. on-line and they send an engineer out to look at what you're proposing. If it's a power upgrade, which it was in the cases I was working (100 to 200 Amp service) they go back to the office and make their load calculations and then bless you or curse you. They don't come back out again unless you're putting in a customer provided pole and trenching. Then they just look at the pole and the trench.

We're doing too much to consider trying not to permit, and we're too obvious, and we're Stimulus-funded. Yes, I know, but you get the point.

The power company out here is very casual, to the point of being slack.

Our electricians are bonehead millennials. Their boss is a character who always whines about going broke after he just pulled up in his $70K truck. His wife came out with him one day I wasn't around. The other super was fawning over her big implants. I miss everything.

Okay, so it's off to mind the weasels time . . . .

tumblr_oqx3q0bjti1w7yvnto1_1280.jpg

Woke up, had my coffee in quiet while perusing the news, the little sick one was dropped off and promptly went back to sleep witht he pups snuggled in close. The cupboards have a selection of OTC meds for the grownups, I have a bag with the prescriptions for the little one so they will all probably sleep most of the day. All three crockpots filled, one with bean and ham, one with chicken noodle and the third with tomato cream so there is something to try and tempt everyone at random wake ups.

It should be a quiet and smooth day for me, I have a friend that would call this a mental health day and she's right, the quiet is just what was needed after this week.

I am happy to report that ICE is still flying two flights a week with every seat having a cockroach strapped in. :)

Home! Early. I escaped. Hell, I was doing the barest of minimums, so why sweat it by being there? Besides, our illegals were bailing anyway. Home to Atlanta for the weekend to boff the novia and maybe get a bit of the chupa de polla.

So our I'm Not Sure Why But We Had It inspection went very well. Mostly, we had all of his gripes from his last visit sorted out, even the ones that sucked monkey balls. Needless to say, wheels are happy.

It's all about making it purple if they want it to be purple.

One of us is living in hopes of a Dawn sighting later . . . .

tumblr_mkjb00rGHw1qbegyco1_1280.jpg

Stupid? As in, st000pid??? Say it ain't so.

Besides, how is such a thing even possible?

Then again, whom can fathom the depths of the mind of Allah?

Off shortly to hunt for Dawn . . . .

ydFoNKa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back