Truly evil typos

Fuck yes, that one shits me no end, always having to delete the apostrophe.

I tried turning mine off once, which was actually worse, because it made me realise just how much I use predictive, even if it's bloody annoying at times.
For me, it was “fir.” I tended to fat-finger “for” with “dir,” which it always tried to correct it to “fir.” I had to go into the autocorrect dictionary and manually tell it that I NEVER mean “fir,” and always “for,” which has made this very hard to type in in my iPhone. :D

Misread the thread title as"Truly Evil Types" - unless it was a truly evil typo?

For me, it was “fir.” I tended to fat-finger “for” with “dir,” which it always tried to correct it to “fir.” I had to go into the autocorrect dictionary and manually tell it that I NEVER mean “fir,” and always “for,” which has made this very hard to type in in my iPhone. :D

"Fir." So you never plan to write a story making mention of bodacious pubic hair? My first wife, and a subsequent girlfriend, had pelts covering everything from their mons crease to their taint.

Anyway, I ran into a fun one this morning. I was writing casual dialog and, as usual, trying to capture the normal slurring and contractions encountered in everyday conversation. This one didn't quite work out:

"who are" => "who're"

Oops.

Anyway, I ran into a fun one this morning. I was writing casual dialog and, as usual, trying to capture the normal slurring and contractions encountered in everyday conversation. This one didn't quite work out:

"who are" => "who're"
In the thread I started a while back with useful writing tips, I specifically pointed this one (and by extension "who've") out the one contraction to avoid.

"Fir." So you never plan to write a story making mention of bodacious pubic hair? My first wife, and a subsequent girlfriend, had pelts covering everything from their mons crease to their taint.

"who are" => "who're"

Oops.
Do you perhaps mean fur? I've never heard bush referred to as a pine tree.

Back