Trolls, keyboard warriors... ignore, block or digilantism?

Which brings us back to harassment not being free speech. Blackmail such as aphro reported is in no way other than harassment.

I strongly agree laurel has right to principles. I admire and like her from our ineracyions, I do not agree with her on this.

We agree. It is not a matter for legal authorities, as long as it stays in house. Again, I respect Laurel's point of view, but I object to a free speech absolutism that results in some posters being for all intents and purposes denied their own opportunity to express themselves. Allowing some people to continually yell so loudly as to cause others to give up attempting to be involved in the conversation may be legally protecting free speech, but I do not believe it is ethically correct.

To me, posters like Debbie are trolls...everything she posts about is trying to tell people how to post, who to talk to, who not to talk to.

This is a classic Debbie Troll Drama Thread.

She doesn't care about Aphro...I doubt she's even talked to her about what really happened.

since lit isn't the government, its not "free speech" that is allowed, but harassment

which it totally cool, as its their site and they can do as they wish

i personally don't give attention to those who beg for it

No wonder you won't return my PMs.

since lit isn't the government, its not "free speech" that is allowed, but harassment

which it totally cool, as its their site and they can do as they wish

i personally don't give attention to those who beg for it

I agree. Hanns obtained my home number and threatened to call my husband. I told him to go for it. He never did. Take the power away and harassment isn't as fun!

I will try to have a conversation with trolls for a SHORT period of time. Eventually, they will prove that they're not here for conversation or information. Rather, they prove they are here to get their jollies by fucking up everyone else's experience.

At that point they go on ignore. I don't even use the "view post" button once the iggy has been toggled.

I do think Laurel lets the trolls have too much leash. At some point, trolling leads to abuse. Lance's (?) DNS analogy works except it's a personal DNS rather than a Lit server one.

I will try to have a conversation with trolls for a SHORT period of time. Eventually, they will prove that they're not here for conversation or information. Rather, they prove they are here to get their jollies by fucking up everyone else's experience.

At that point they go on ignore. I don't even use the "view post" button once the iggy has been toggled.

I do think Laurel lets the trolls have too much leash. At some point, trolling leads to abuse. Lance's (?) DNS analogy works except it's a personal DNS rather than a Lit server one.

And Tim proves he has no idea what DNS is. LMAO.

Blacksnake!

close!

5893818_orig.jpg

:D

I basically ignore them and move on. I have never used the Iggy button.
I don't have any secrets. My husband knows I am here and I don't do anything that would jeopardise my marriage.
I have been her long enough to figure out who is trustworthy.

Back