Top [Blank] Story Authors -- How derived?

SimonDoom

Kink Lord
If you go to the category hub page, there's a column on the right side of the screen that lists "Top [Category] Story Authors." Anybody know how this list is derived? I can't quite figure it out.

I stopped looking at that some months ago, as several authors in the top list of the categories I checked didn't write much in that category here at all.

For instance, the top-listed author in the GM category right now has 145 stories posted, but only four of them are GM. The highest rated of those four is a 4.59; the lowest is a 3.97. It's nonsense to consider that legitimately listed as a top category author.

Last edited:
If you go to the category hub page, there's a column on the right side of the screen that lists "Top [Category] Story Authors." Anybody know how this list is derived? I can't quite figure it out.
Not sure exactly which page you're talking about, but when you get yourself onto a "Classic View" top list page (by category), where you can see 30 Day, One Year, and All Time, they're all ranked by score.

Wait: Authors? I'm not seeing such a page.

No clue. Recent activity ( not necessarily in that category ) certainly seems to play a part. I've noticed my position in Mature rise when a new story is out in another category several times.

How I'm sitting at #2 in Mature right now is surprising. Most of my recent activity page is from Anal, Incest, and oddly enough, Fetish. My posting activity has been zilch since the beginning of the year. I'm used to seeing my name near the bottom or not even on the list under those circumstances.

Barring Manu dropping the algorithm on us, I doubt we'll ever know. It's as unfathomable as "similar stories". No clear, decisive patterns emerge when you dig into them.

Basically like this. But I don't know what breed of chicken they use.
south-park-margarita-ville.gif

Basically like this. But I don't know what breed of chicken they use.
Presumably they have specific breeds of chicken for each category. Incest chickens, for example, and Group Sex chickens. Fetish chickens speak for themselves, and you really don't want to run into an Erotic Horror chicken.

Presumably they have specific breeds of chicken for each category. Incest chickens, for example, and Group Sex chickens. Fetish chickens speak for themselves, and you really don't want to run into an Erotic Horror chicken.
I'm betting these are the Exhibitionist chickens. No feathers.
index-1.jpeg

I stopped looking at that some months ago, as several authors in the top list of the categories I checked didn't write much in that category here at all.

For instance, the top-listed author in the GM category right now has 145 stories posted, but only four of them are GM. The highest rated of those four is a 4.59; the lowest is a 3.97. It's nonsense to consider that legitimately listed as a top category author.
A valid point.

If the top author is defined by number of followers as an example, that statistic could be pulled from multiple categories that the author might have posted in.

Similar in Romance. The Top Author wrote a two part Romance in 2002, neither of which reached 4.5, and has not been back to the category since, although they have been prolific elsewhere on the site.

Not sure exactly which page you're talking about, but when you get yourself onto a "Classic View" top list page (by category), where you can see 30 Day, One Year, and All Time, they're all ranked by score.

Wait: Authors? I'm not seeing such a page.

On the Category Hub page. Sidebar on the right, below Recommend For You and Contest Winning Stories.

Found it, thank you. As Simon says, it looks fairly random.

As best I can tell, the list takes into account a) the number of followers an author has, and b) whether they've recently posted in the category, but the particular way it's done is mystifying to me.

I just ignore it. Whatever formula it's using, it's not reaching a valid list.

I think KeithD is basically right. It appears to be a list of people with a lot of followers who at some point have also published a story in that category. It is not helpful for finding authors who have particularly distinguished themselves in that category and are what fans of that category are likely looking for.

I don't see what you're describing. Can you give a script to get there? Or, better yet, a screen shot? I THINK I'm going to "the category hub page," but I'm not sure.

BTW - What does it mean when a little window with a member's info on it pops up on one's lower right screen?

I don't see what you're describing. Can you give a script to get there? Or, better yet, a screen shot? I THINK I'm going to "the category hub page," but I'm not sure.

BTW - What does it mean when a little window with a member's info on it pops up on one's lower right screen?
On your My Home page, click on Explore, pull down the menu, and click on categories. Scroll down the page until you find the story category you want and click on it. This takes you to the Category Hub page. There is a list of recent stories in the order in which they have been published. On the right column are several different lists, one of which is popular authors.

https://literotica.com/beta/stories/

It's not on the main category hub, there is one on the particular hub for each category.

Back