Through Darkest of Nights (Closed)

Erys truthfully was thrown off and yes even a bit intimidated by the intensity of maliciousness of the island. He was here to get through the portal to the god realm though and he wasn't about to give up just because things were getting hard. He did have a memory of what came next, they would just have to be careful and work together.

" The plan is the same... you're going to keep your shield up, otherwise things will get bad for you VERY fast, we need to get through the forest which is like a labyrinth. I do remember the way, but no matter what, we have to stay together."

Before they headed in though he turned to her and pulled her close, hugging her and placing a deeply fierce kiss to her lips.

" Remember your promise to me that you won't go anywhere without me."

She could see he was VERY serious about this, any bit of playfulness was gone from him and he was clearly serious. His eyes were glowing slightly as he turned and heading deeper into the forest he hadn't been lying when he said that it was a maze. He knew the forest would try to separate them, and was VERY much tempted to hold her the entire way but there were points where they had to climb up or down or even cross a bridge.

As they traveled the skies above cracked with thunder and as they continued a hard rain began to fall over the island so he didn't hear what she did, though that was also partially because of his tattoos, they helped to protect him from the influences.

When Myaleni said that though and she took off she only got about ten paces before he caught her from behind, his strong, warm arms holding her as he urgently spoke into her ear directly.

" It's not them my love. The island is trying to pull you from me. This happened last time as well and one of us did go. We chased after him and when we found him... lets just say I don't want the same thing to happen to you."

He knew the tricks here, truthfully Helios had played such tricks on him when they had been boys, but Erys knew this wasn't Helios' doing, his brother wasn't even on the island but was still in the god realm, and Erys wasn't lying, he remembered when the group of demi gods had come here the last time though... it had been a very... harrowing experience.

" Just stay with me..."

He didn't let her go though, that would have meant her death, and slowly pulling her to face him as she was pressed up against him, his embrace wrapping around her his markings provided her some protection.

" I know, it's so real you can hear, see flickers of them and probably even smell them, but it's not them Myaleni."

He wasn't moving until she stopped struggling against him, and he certainly wasn't letting her go until she calmed... the island was tricky for sure, but Erys wasn't losing her!

Being grabbed startled her and she yelped thinking that it was something else holding her back. She started to breathe heavily and struggled against the embrace when hearing more screams. At one point she heard her fathers voice yelling out for her to come and help him, his scent is so close. Close enough for her to simply reach out and touch him, though when she looked for him, there was nothing there...

"I hear them screaming.... they are in pain... I smell their blood..."

Myaleni struggled within his embrace, though she isn't nearly as eager to get pull free. More like struggling to process what he is saying as she eventually buried her face against his chest. Her whole body is trembling and she honestly didn't know what to believe, very slowly she started to really focus in on him. Allowing his breathing and heartbeat to drown everything else out.

"Promise me they are not real..."

She place her hands against her ears when another blood curling scream broke through the trees. All she wanted to do is make it stop and the more she heard them, the harder it was for her to stay. However, she wasn't fighting to get away anymore and is pressed as close as possible to him. She didn't trust herself right now, though there is no doubt in his mind that she did trust him. Slowly she eventually looked up to him with tears and almost acted as if she was trying to make sure he was real.

"It hurts Master.... But I will keep my promise and not stray from you."

He can see her markings glowing as she struggled to fight the trickery surrounding her and using him to ground her thoughts. What happens next is completely her choice and it was the only way she felt safer. He can see an invisible collar forming around her neck and a tether leading to his wrist. It will not hinder any of their movements and it would take something strong to break it. The most it did is keep her at ease, keeping her focused on the reality of things as they move forward. It was more of a personal comfort than anything else...

Erys' strong arms were unyielding in that moment, the calls for help, the screams, the scents... it was OH so real, and yet not as well. Every sighting wasn't a clear one, every call was only for her ears and the scents... well it was clear that this nightmarish place was a true test of one's mental fortitude. He didn't tell her exactly what had happened when Helios, Erys and the others had come here before... but the toll to get through had been high.

As she said that he nodded, gently kissing her forehead as he did.

" I promise you my love, they aren't real..."

Though he added as well.

" Trust me, if your family had somehow teleported to this island, I would be the first to help you save them, but they're not here my love. They are back home, safe and sound."

As the screams ushered into her ears though Erys was quietly holding her, not letting her go, knowing that no matter what he wasn't going to lose her again. He didn't let her run off, she wasn't going anywhere without him, and even as her markings did glow Erys seemed to be able to keep calm even in the middle of a storm, which is what was happening here.

As she seemed to calm though he nodded to her as she said that, her markings seeming to pulse to the rate of his heartbeat, though as the collar formed, it morphed and wound around the collar he had placed on her prior to their arrival here... she feeling how it connected her to his sense of calm. HOW he could be so calm here was the real mystery, but as the tether reached out and connected to his wrist the energy seemed to connect there as a new tattoo appeared on his wrist, it glowing the same glow as the tether. Even as it did though he nodded to her and not letting her hand go for a while, he lead on.

" Once we clear the forest the illusions will stop."

He said it, though even she could see a few times when his head would snap to and fro, his own senses being plagued as well even with his powers. He withstood it a lot easier as this WAS a path that gods walked to get to and from the mortal realm, but the skies crackled with lightning, thunder boomed powerfully and though it only took another half hour to get through the forest, it was a VERY difficult half hour for them both!

Last edited:
She smiled weakly when the tether and collar became one with the collar he gave her. Instantly she felt his calmness and did felt that it was strange that he's this calm in a place like this. Though, he knew this place where she didn't and knew what to expect... or at least mostly knows. He did say that it is different this time and she didn't quite know how different exactly. No matter the situation, she need to trust him and follow his lead, despite how hard that might be in this moment.

The screams never ended and at times the scent of fresh blood would fill the air around her. A few times she could have sworn something or someone would grab at her ankles, though when she looked or jerked away.... nothing was there. Another time she picked up the scent of smoke and fire, again, when she tried to find its source, nothing came into view. She did everything possible to ignore her surroundings and focus on Erys. There were plenty of times when she wanted to run, especially when hearing her father.

Eventually the nightmarish sounds slowly faded into the distance the closer they got to the edge of the forest. Finally all the screams had stopped completely and she fell to her knees while hiding her face into her hands. It was too much for her to handle emotionally and all she wanted to do now is to go back to her island to see her family. Never in all her life has she experienced such a nightmare and it seemed impossible to remove the sounds from thought.

"W-... Will we have to go back... through that way? I-... I don't think I can endure that again."

She didn't want to go through that again, this entire trip she thought of herself as a very strong person. A good, wild heart to get through anything that this path would throw at her. Yet, after all that, she had her doubts now and that strength is teetering on the edge as she tried to refocus on what's ahead.

Erys had his own moments of testing as well, where he wasn't able to focus or almost ran off himself, but in the end truth be told her being tethered to him helped him to remember where they were and what they were doing. It helped them both really, though the horrible sounds were far too much to really understand or process right then.

As she fell to her knees and hid herself, he knelt with her, wrapping his warm arms around her as she asked that. Placing a soft kiss on her forehead he shook his head.

" No... when we return it will be calm, and since you are a child of the earth it will let you through peacefully. Right now, the earth is incredibly angry, not that I can blame it."

He mused softly, though he let her have all the time that she needed. His arms never left her, and unlike the temptations and shadows previously, he was physically there for her, holding and soothing with his presence and words. It was quiet for now, though where they had come out he knew the trek up the mountain slope wouldn't be easy. It loomed ahead, but at the summit was the portal, so they had to get there... and with the time it had taken to get through the forest, well he was concerned.

" We need to get moving love... we don't want to be on the mountain slope when night comes."

He didn't want to worry her more, but now that they had begun, they were somewhat on a clock so to speak in regards to the threats the island posed.

She sat there curled up in his arms for several moments, feeling him holding her helped calm her down. After a few, she glanced around as if she had forgotten where they were. Though, she did manage to smile weakly when looking up at him. It was then she fully realized just how much he did mean to her. In some ways, she has known her feelings were real once they were bonded. But, he was... rather still is very new to her.

Yet, she felt everything in that moment, a rush of emotions that she hadn't truly noticed before. There was the love she has for him, however, these went deeper than that. She would do anything for him, no matter the costs and never wanted to leave his side. There was something about the way he looked at her that said he felt the same way. Words didn't need to be spoken though, between the bonding and the tether... it was all there through the sensations. When he spoke again, she snapped out of the thoughts and hugged him tightly for a few seconds.

"Yes, we should keep moving... I- I apologize for breaking down. I'm fine now though."

She kissed him before eventually standing up on shaky legs. It only took a few seconds to regain her senses and balance as they started walking again.

"Thank you for staying with me...."

She knew that there were a few times when he wanted to run, just like she had wanted to do. Times when she felt his heart racing and she wondered what he could be seeing and hearing. Of course, she didn't want to talk about any of that. If he wanted to tell her, he would, yet her own experience made it to where she didn't need answers.

"What happens at night?"

Erys was quiet during those moments. He had brothers and sisters as well, Helios was one after all, and though he didn't always get along with them, he still wouldn't have wanted what he thought or heard or smelled during that period HAD affected him from time to time. Running one hand through her hair slowly though he himself calmed down, nearer to the end of the forest he had begun to lose his own sense of reality, but feeling the energy from her tether had kept him in the present.

As they knelt there together he glanced around, the bleak mountain looking jagged and dangerous, but he knew it was fine. As they managed to get up onto their feet again and he held her for a long moment longer, he turned to the slope leading up to the path. As she asked what happened at night though he sighed slightly.

" I don't know exactly, last time we made it to the summit, but the rumors of this place state that once the sun goes does the guardians awaken and kill all who are not within the summit."

He didn't want to stress her out, but they didn't have THAT much time. He loved the feeling of her tethered to him, and even as they traveled he held her hand, traveling along as he spoke with her, asking about her people, about her aspirations.. he wanting to know more about the woman he called his love.

Of course it was to distract from the perilous journey they were on, but well, it would take time to ascend to the summit anyway, so why not pass the time with conversation?

More than anything, she wanted to turn back and go home after that experience. She seriously wanted to see her family again and is getting home sick. Then he asked about her home, things about her in general, which is very understandable... Yet, it only made her home sick that much more. However, it might be good for her talk about home and it will make the time pass faster. Though, she didn't answer him for a few moments as she needed to regain her senses. That experience pretty much traumatized her and it took much effort to process it as just a test.

Finally she spoke up while walking with him, unwilling to let go of his hand for as long as possible. She spoke of her father first, saying that Erys reminds her him in a lot of ways. They have the same attitude and in some tiny way, they have the same features, especially in the eyes. He's also strict and likes to keep things in order. Giving his people a nice simple life without all the drama. Myaleni mentioned that she didn't want to take over the ruling though, it is what she's been raised for. Yet, the more he trains her to take his place, the less she likes. The end result is that she's just too submissive to be a ruler. She would rather have one of the males take his place, he has taken one or two under his wing... But, they were not in the blood line and she had no intention on being their mate.

Her mom and baby sister were easier to talk about since they lived a simple life. Mother takes care of the household, keeps the father in line. In fact, she's more the leader than he is! Then of course Myaleni went on to talk about her best friend that she grew up with. Grams took up most of the conversation though, Myaleni couldn't stop talking about grams and all that she has taught. Teaching her the ways of nature and how to read the earth and stars. Saying that it is grams that told her to go on this quest, showed her where the boats were hidden. Though, she had a feeling that grams is long gone by now, that she fell ill before Myaleni left.

The more she talked, the happier she appeared to be and he could sense that majority of her fear had faded for now. For the first time in a while, she seemed to be really happy, even laughing at a few small memories here and there. He would notice that the entire time they walked, that her eyes remained on the ground, not once looking up. Truthfully, she didn't want to see the danger ahead of them, she can feel the strength of it and that was bad enough. The couple of times she did take a peek, all she saw was darkness in the distance. A darkness she didn't want to think about since it reminded her of that horrible experience.

However, the closer they got to their destination, she began to feel a strange. energy in the air. The night is growing closer and is practically on top of them. Yet, he pointed ahead and told her they weren't far now, that they would make it just in time. Still, this energy is reaching into her core and at first it was unsettling since she didn't know where it's coming from. At first she thought that maybe it came from him, though when she glanced at him, he showed no signs of knowing. She also didn't sense anything different through his aura or the tether. In fact, he seemed to be as calm as ever, other than the urgency to get to the summit.

The more they walked, the quieter she became and before too long, she began to give off the vibes of being in heat. Her scent reaching his nose, her walking started to falter as her legs grew weak when her desires increased. Naturally she didn't say anything or complain, knowing they are close to where he wanted to be. At one point she bit her lip when she felt a stream of her cum trickle down her legs. Her clit is very swollen and throbbing, the ring kept it well stimulated which made each step more and more difficult.

Back