Threads and Posts Regarding 'Real Life' Encounters of Illegal Acts Will Be Removed

jaF0

Watcher
Mods and Admin have had a brief discussion and come to a decision. In accordance with site wide and Forum rules, posts that depict or promote real life encounters that are illegal in the United States wil be removed.

* You may not post any content prohibited under our sitewide Content Guidelines in the forum.

https://literotica.com/faq/forum/forum-rules

* Works that advocate for readers to engage in any real life (non-fictional) activity that is illegal in the United States.

https://literotica.com/resources/content-guidelines

The above will be used in relation to incest themed posts.

Of additional note is the following in the Content Guidelines above:

* Works that promote real (non-fictional) prostitution or sex work. These themes and topics may be used freely in fictional stories, but authors may not promote any real life sex work services or real life prostitution services.

These are not new rules. They've been in effect for many years, they were just never really applied to the forums.

What is the age of consent in the USA? Genuine question, as it is 16 across most of Europe I believe and only raised from 13 to 18 in the Vatican in 2015.

Where in the US? The bulk of criminal laws are at the state level and those laws can vary greatly between jurisdictions. There are also some local ordinances that can apply without areas left to them by the state.

Upskirting / downblousing could probably still pass under the new rule since it is broadly, although not universally, legal to do it in public venues in the US. Someone talking about voluntarily flashing their boobs in a public space on the other hand is mostly, although not everywhere, illegal in the US and can get them charged with something like indecent exposure.

Then there is the issue of whether it's just the letter of the law or actually enforced law. Sodomy laws have been struck down by SCOTUS but many are still on the books. Along with preventing same sex sexual encounters many of them also apply to things like heterosexual oral and anal sex. Discussing sex while stoned is another example that is less clear cut than a SCOTUS decision. Marijuana is still illegal federally in the US. The federal government just turns a blind eye to certain kinds of marijuana violations where states have chosen to ignore federal law and allowed it.

Where in the US?
On Lit.

That's it.

The bulk of criminal laws are at the state level and those laws can vary greatly between jurisdictions. There are also some local ordinances that can apply without areas left to them by the state.
Much like the ageless debate on Age on the Author's Hangout, none of that matters.

Upskirting / downblousing could probably still pass under the new rule since it is broadly, although not universally, legal to do it in public venues in the US

I just KNOW you're not defending someone shoving a camera under your daughter's skirt at a grocery store.

Not the reason, but I misread the Dad part and the BFF. Problem is I can't move it back. Repost if you feel like it, but make the wording just a bit more clear .

Well, there's that too which is why I stress clarity.

Ridiculous. Had a post removed because I said I was in my late teens. I was 18 smh. Nothing illegal.
I read that post in the mod forum. I would have removed it, too. I do think it’s crucial to be very clear when you are talking about teens.

On Lit.

That's it.

Much like the ageless debate on Age on the Author's Hangout, none of that matters.

I just KNOW you're not defending someone shoving a camera under your daughter's skirt at a grocery store.
There's no law on Lit without specifying jurisdiction only rules that are, hopefully, spelled out clearly enough for everyone to understand . As described you are effectively creating a discovery learning process where members violate the rules simply because they cannot know which laws you are enforcing.

The debate about age of consent is a great example but not how you seem to think it does. Most American live somewhere where the age of consent to have sex is <18. Our benevolent overlords have cherry picked from the patchwork of US state laws and federal law to issue a clear overarching standard of 18+ in advance. That standard is clearly stated and enforced time and time again. Vague references to legality in the US just confuses the issue and prompts legal argument #2471 about why <18 discussions should be allowed here.

You are absolutely correct that I did not defend upskirting. What I think about the current legal patchwork related to the issue or what I think the optimal law to address it is irrelevant to a discussion about your announcement. What the law is matters for discussing a rule about legality. Ought is an entirely separate discussion; I said nothing addressing ought. A mostly legal, but widely seen as offensive topic, is a prime of example of the lack of clarity in your announcement.

I am not looking forward to the weekly arguments about upskirting discussion being allowed as mostly legal in the US while others trying to shut down all Loving Wives discussion since adultery is still criminal (even though widely unenforced) in a decent sized chunk of the US. I'd rather we skip that with some clarity now.

Nothing about this rule is clear.

Does that also include already pushlished stories with these themes (18+ of course)? As a quick look shows 20 pages if you search "prositution."

I get this site does not want to promote any illegel activies, and I like this place for that especially the 18+ rule, so just asking with those stories be taken down?

Of additional note is the following in the Content Guidelines above:

* Works that promote real (non-fictional) prostitution or sex work. These themes and topics may be used freely in fictional stories, but authors may not promote any real life sex work services or real life prostitution services.
So, I have a question (or two). I have been working on a truish story that involves me working at a legal brothel in Nevada (which I actually did). Would that be construed as prohibited promotion of prostitution? What about when I post on the bulletin board about me real life experiences as a legal prostitute in Nevada?

Anything about the Story side can only be addressed by Laurel. Feel free to PM her with those questions, but know that she doesn't always respond. You can also try the Author's Hangout for thoughts from those who may have posted, or tried to post stories. https://forum.literotica.com/forums/authors-hangout.3/

Since 'legal' is so severely limited in the US, it probably wouldn't fly on the boards unless carefully worded as having been in the past and not promoting current activity.

So one time I witnessed events surrounding the shooting of two auxiliary police and the death of the shooter by police. Shitty stuff, and real life. I am sure I could find sites to post the personal account, if I was to write it, but I am a little unclear on why I could not write about such potentially life changing experience here. My brief take is along the lines of 'better over cautious than sorry' and so sometimes the baby has to go because we can not have the bath water. I am fairly much in line with that, but I would be interested in your specific reply to a story idea like I describr, vis-a-vis your list of prohibitions.

Last edited:
I think that all the stories I've posted here are within those guidelines, and I'll be careful to keep them that way. But I'll assume that my characters can buy and use birth control devices, even though they may be illegal in some states (or soon will be illegal).

Which brings up another point. Some forms of incest are illegal in many states. Should we post disclaimers that the activities we describe are not happening in those states? If I'm writing a story that happens in, say, Arkansas, with adult step-mother/step-son fucking (which seems to be legal there), and then that state passes a law forbidding that type of incest, am I supposed to take the story down or re-write it so that it happens in another state?

As for me, I will just write stories that don't specify the state, and readers can assume that the activity is legal wherever it's taking place.

Note the wording ... ' and Forum rules, posts that depict or promote real life encounters ... '. That's referring to any posts here on the forums that say 'I did this ...'.

Stories published on the story side are generally considered fictional and as such Admin is more liberal in how rules are applied in many areas.

Back