Thoughts on monogamy in today's world?

This seems to be a viable topic that I've seen mentioned in passing on a few threads. I wanted to open a discussion and see what opinions you all may have.

I have come to believe it is something that came about through necessity. Given the divorce rate is now above 75%, is the idea of having one mate for life still the ideal goal?
It depends (at least it does for me) on your definition of the word 'mate'. I have been married for 31 years. I love Richard with the intensity that is usually reserved for Mills & Boon novels or romantic films. I know that this passion is reciprocated. Here's the thing: Richard is barely 3" fully hard and he suffers from prem. ej. He suggested that I make him a cuckold. Eventually, I did. I suppose over the course of nearly 30 years (we were vanilla and monogamous for the first 2 years of our marriage) I have been fucked thousands of times by men (and some women!) other than my husband. It is a mutually consensual arrangement. He used to reclaim me, but these days he is permanently cock locked (milked once a week) and he has been denied p in v sex for over 25 years. We both love our chosen lifestyle, and wouldn't change it for the world.

It depends (at least it does for me) on your definition of the word 'mate'. I have been married for 31 years. I love Richard with the intensity that is usually reserved for Mills & Boon novels or romantic films. I know that this passion is reciprocated. Here's the thing: Richard is barely 3" fully hard and he suffers from prem. ej. He suggested that I make him a cuckold. Eventually, I did. I suppose over the course of nearly 30 years (we were vanilla and monogamous for the first 2 years of our marriage) I have been fucked thousands of times by men (and some women!) other than my husband. It is a mutually consensual arrangement. He used to reclaim me, but these days he is permanently cock locked (milked once a week) and he has been denied p in v sex for over 25 years. We both love our chosen lifestyle, and wouldn't change it for the world.
Thank you. I make no judgements. This was just a topic I was curious about. I firmly believe that when couples are open and honest about their feelings, desires, and needs they are much happier.

Back