This not a complaimt

My latest submission posted on Tues.
370 hits
4 votes
no comments nor faves

Has anyone else ever had their story not added to the 'new' list?

Well, my latest story never made the new list. Oh it has a yellow N but it's not on the list. I checked when it went live and it wasn't there, so I figured maybe there's a time lag although all the others at the top of the list had the current date. So I went to the category page and it was there about seventh or eighth from the top, but of course 24 hours later it gets bumped off. So I went back to the new list and it wasn't there. It posted on 22nd, I went back like eight pages of new entries with a fine toothed comb until the dates were the 20th and it was not there. Am I looking in the wrong place?

@pink_silk_glove, I found your story on the New list as the 51st story listed for 8/22. My count could be off by one or two, I suppose. The story is still on the EC hub, as the 7th story listed from 8/22. It will stay there until it's off the New list.

@Mastered_again, your public catalogue is a bit of a mess. It shows your series as a 9-part series and separately as a 10-part series, with your newest showing up on the 10-part series with an N. It's the only entry showing as New.

I think if I had a story not show on the new list, I'd want to pull it and re-submit. Seems like Laurel should allow that if that mistake happened.

Edit: Or, are we talking about just not showing up in the 10 new stories on the front page of the category hub? That can happen if there are more than 10 submitted on the same day. Which is unfortunate but I guess not a mistake that would merit re-submitting like I was thinking.

@Mastered_again, your public catalogue is a bit of a mess. It shows your series as a 9-part series and separately as a 10-part series, with your newest showing up on the 10-part series with an N. It's the only entry showing as New.
I have no idea how to fix that. The 9 part vs. 10 part, that is.

@pink_silk_glove, I found your story on the New list as the 51st story listed for 8/22. My count could be off by one or two, I suppose. The story is still on the EC hub, as the 7th story listed from 8/22. It will stay there until it's off the New list.

I see it now but it was not there yesterday. I know I went back and forth through that list three times in 2 days.

I have no idea how to fix that. The 9 part vs. 10 part, that is.
Use the Manual function in the Series Tool, left hand menu on your Control Panel. You can unmake a Series and fix glitches. It might take one or two goes to figure out how it works (I had two long-time double-ups that I was able to fix - after a few go around).

Don't worry, you can't accidentally remove a story, but you can add a new series title if you need to, and move chapters around.

Back