There is apparently NOT a 'I read this' marker available within literotica. Can this be added?

Akpervert

Virgin
The post in this "How to..." forum "Mark Stories as Read?" is the only reference I can find on this subject. And I'm not sure how to STRONGLY suggest finding a way to add this feature. I find it hard to believe that something of this nature is not available, especially with a library as large and well-followed as literotica.
One proposal was made in the above-mentioned post to use "Bookmarking" to indicated those already read. This is a way it could be done. But, typically, bookmarking is done to 'reserve a story' for a future read, or a 'very special read/favorite.'
Thanks!

Try addressing your question in Tech Support
https://forum.literotica.com/forums/lit-tech-support.68/

While feasibly it could be done I doubt it would be implemented. The information would have to be stored in the database against your username. It would have to be an opt in situation as many (most?) would not necessarily want a record of what they read to be kept.

Databases are fragile things and this just poses issues where data just keeps being added.

With the deepest regrets - I can read the lines and between them - it's clear that this is not going to happen.
IMHO the inconvenience of finding myself part- or even half-way (I've even made it to the comments a time or two on REALLY GOOD stories) through a story only to find that I enjoyed, and likely commented on it before is a frustration.
But thanks for the straightforward answer.

The feature is already there - if you click the bookmark icon you can create your own reading lists.
So you could use the bookmark feature to display in the lists that you have read a story, then just create as many other reading lists for your own purposes. N.B. the New Reading Lists button at the bottom of the Bookmark display.

Literotica-Reading-List.jpg

Why would you want too?

If you do not remember reading them, and are again immersed in the story, what is wrong with that? If halfway through you suddenly remember again, what is the harm? At that point you have the option to keep reading it again and get the details you might have missed on the first read, or just go to a new story. But that is an option with every story.

There is no award for reading the most erotic stories in a given time period in life, so why the intense interest to read as many stories as possible? The flip side of that is; there is also no punishment for reading a great story all the way through again.

Slow down, enjoy life, and stop trying to get through life with "the most" which in this context seems to mean, "reading the most stories possible". Just enjoy the story, even if you don't remember it at first. Considering the high number of crap stories on here, if you find the same great story again, enjoy reading it again.

I reread my non-erotic, published novels from time to time. Its good for me to remember what I got right, what I can improve on, and remember the details of them. I reread my books all the time, and heck... I WROTE THEM.

The feature is already there - if you click the bookmark icon you can create your own reading lists.
So you could use the bookmark feature to display in the lists that you have read a story, then just create as many other reading lists for your own purposes. N.B. the New Reading Lists button at the bottom of the Bookmark display.

View attachment 2278481
Oh, thanks!
I've been copying URLs to a document on my laptop. I bet I can use this feature. I will explore.

I add the story I'm currently reading to my Reading List, page by page, then delete those pages when I'm finished. If it is a really good story, I'll add the author's list of stories to my reading list.

While I, too, think it's odd and am disappointed that there isn't some 'automatic marker' that would indicate that I've read a story...I figured out a 'fix.'
I 'Bookmark' each story that I open up and/or read.
Using the little 'bookmark flag' on the upper right of the page, you can open the bookmark feature. And, unique to literotica, you can set/name your own bookmark designations. Their intention was to bookmark something 'to get you back to, or to come back to' a story. But there isn't a limit on how many bookmarks you can have (that I can see or know of).
I've set "Read - liked"; "Read - meh"; Read - HOT"; "Read - forget" as MY definitions. And, of course, you can bookmark a story you want to read later too.
Whether I ever come back to them or not...The little bookmark icon is then 'filled' and indicates I've 'touched it.'
The only downer here is that, until I click on the highlighted bookmark, taking me back to the story, I can't tell whether it's a 'already read and rated' or 'one I want to read.'
But it certainly 'shortens the list' of those that I want to look at when a number of 'marked ones' spool up with a search.
Works for me!

View attachment 2278481
I figured that out after I banged around for a while. I originally thought the 'bookmark' feature was not quite what it is.
This works GREAT! even though it doesn't 'show' when you're looking at a 'spooled up list of stories' - you have to access the story to find out if you've bookmarked it. Oh well.

I created a list for that.
1 list for favourites, 1 for 'I've read this, but not going to read it again'.

Literotica already has 2 default lists: 'Read Later', and 'Favourite Stories'.
I think there could be a 3rd list by default for 'Finished reading this'.

Back