The Trump Effect: Apple to invest $1 billion in new Texas campus

TalkRadio1

Loves Spam
Apple will invest $1 billion in a new campus in Austin, Texas, the company announced on Thursday.

The 133-acre campus will be located in North Austin and will accommodate an initial 5,000 employees, with capacity for 15,000 employees in total. The new campus will be located less than one mile from Apple's existing Austin facilities and will house a range of jobs in engineering, R&D, operations, finance, sales and customer support.

President Donald Trump has attacked Apple for producing many of its devices outside of the United States. In September, he warned Apple it could face more tariffs, ordering the company to "make your products in the United States instead of China."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/13/apple-to-invest-1-billion-in-new-austin-campus.html

If I was the city of Austin, I'd tell Apple to build it somewhere else.

Why? Because when a whale employer comes to town, you get boom employment. No one thinks of what happens when the economy does a downturn and the whale employer goes bust.

Tying yourself to 1 employer's fiscal health is stupid. Anyone who looks at Va's coal mine industry should be able to see that. Apple is just another mining company in that regard. As are Google and the rest of the economic giants.

Back