The seed from which your story grew

My first published story resulted from a flashback I had written in another story that was published much later. The original flashback was one paragraph but I was so intrigued about the details of the flashback that I ended up writing a five-part 88K words story. Then I wrote a two-part 40K words prequel to it and a three-part 70K words sequel before I got to the original story I had started writing back in 2019.

Other seeds of mine.

“Fear, Lust, and Vanity” grew from a magazine cover. “Two Cats in Heat” from a celebrity interview. “Counseling” grew from over a dozen celebrity interviews I wanted to link together somehow while also addressing the scandals referenced and trying to resolve them as best I could. There was also a villain I needed to push offscreen. “Rekindled” came about because I wanted to resolve a plot hole. “Running Down a Dream” was a fan request, so were “Desert Angel” & “A Request for Help”. Most of my other stories are a personal challenge of some kind.

Pick one (or more) of your stories and tell us about the moment its seed was planted. What sparked the idea? An image that popped into your mind? A "what if" scenario? A song lyric? A dream? A conversation you overheard? A character idea you had to bring to life?
I'll do three of them.

1) My personal favorite that I have written is The Reversal ( https://literotica.com/s/the-reversal-3 ) It's my first submission and it's filled with tons of spelling and grammatical errors, but I love the premise.

The basic idea I wanted to explore is a simple revenge fantasy that takes a twist on the bull / hot wife scenario. In this case I gave the bull a wife who acts as a cuckqueen and in general is made to suffer and watch with the cuck while the bull tries to breed the hot wife. However the bull by his own negligence is made the ultimate cuck.

2) Lily Aldrin in San Francisco ( https://literotica.com/s/lily-aldrin-in-san-francisco)

The seed is very simple. As a fan of How I Met Your Mother I never once bought the idea that Lily stayed celibate while she was living on San Francisco after her break up with Marshall. The story just follows my fantasy about what Lily might have done that summer.

3) My most popular story so far Employee Number One ( https://literotica.com/s/employee-number-one ) is actually an off shoot of a different story I was writing.

The seed I had originally was born from my bordom of how weak as people the characters in the mother/som sex stories. Son can't get a girlfriend, mom is so lonely without dad, oh no we got stuck in an awkward position, ect. It's all stuff I actually enjoy reading but I was so bord of it. So I set out to write a story where all the family members, including the father who is still married to mom, were strong dynamic and loving individuals.

I was originally writing a story about a football super star that starts fucking him mom while taking recruiting visits to different universities. I based the son in Employee Number One off this character but instead of going to college he picks a different path.

I started writing Employee Number One because the original project got to big for me to manage as a first time author. It morphed into a full on Romantic Novella and is currently sitting at almost 100,000 words, all unpublished. This was actually the very first story I started writing for the sight, everything I published after I started working after I had set the original story aside.

Last edited:
Fice Nights With Freddy was literally just my brain replacing a word in a videogame title with a different one. That was the entire genesis of the story. Now, the finished product has almost nothing to do with the game (it's about two security guards over the course of five nights, and the similarities end there), but that was the genesis of the whole thing.

My soldier story, from when I was stationed in Berlin and I did live with my Femdom character, Liz. She was a professional and the word no wasn't in her vocabulary, and I did go home and have sex with an older neighbor...so the two stories sort of grew into the Soldiers story, but embellished quite a bit.

Many of my story ideas are ones that have been floating around in my head for a long time, and their origins are pretty apparent. When I was a girl, I wrote adventure stories about a girl forest ranger named Ramona. So, when I was grown up and writing, it seemed a natural that Ramona would grow up as well, and The Adventures of Ranger Ramona took on a different flavor

I worked for a while in a strip club, and so The Gold Dollar Girls was an obvious subject.

There were a couple that were not so obvious. There is a real Oyster River in Maine. I just liked the name, and for months had it in my head as a possible title. When I gave it serious consideration, my thoughts kept going to the common use in art and literature of oysters as symbolic vaginas. From that, I decided it should be a lesbian story. And, since it obviously had to take place on the coast of Maine, where the two most prominent businesses are lobstering and tourism, it became a romance between a local girl who works on a lobster boat and a tourist from Boston.

In Michigan, where I live now, there is a chain of stores called Wild Birds Unlimited, which sells birdhouses, birdseed, books, art, anything to do with birds and birdwatching. I had never seen such a store in Maine, so I invented one, Wild Birds of Maine. Imaging that if such a store existed, people would be constantly asking the proprietor to help them identify birds, I came up with the idea of a handsome young man coming in with a picture he had taken of a bird that was not supposed to exist, and their quest to find it would lead to romance.

Two ends of the spectrum. I wondered what it would be like if genitals could talk (bypassing the excessive 'mindfulness' of their owners.) A loopy riff off of the 'Vagina Monologues', thus sprang 'Penis Dialogues.'

Then the opposite, over-educated people who cerebralised everything: what would sex look like for them? 'Infernal Folio' turned into a trilogy of academic overthinking.

Back