The last person to post here wins . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good afternooner to all.

I spent the morning on the lake. Caught a couple of dozen nice bass. Kept three for supper. The boat hadn't been run for a while so I had to take the time getting it started and tuned right. Ran like a champ. Now it's all cleaned up and back in the garage.

A good afternooner to all.

I spent the morning on the lake. Caught a couple of dozen nice bass. Kept three for supper. The boat hadn't been run for a while so I had to take the time getting it started and tuned right. Ran like a champ. Now it's all cleaned up and back in the garage.

Even if I wanted to go fishing, I couldn't; it's been raining; sometimes quite heavily.
How big are these fish ?

Even if I wanted to go fishing, I couldn't; it's been raining; sometimes quite heavily.
How big are these fish ?

They ranged from a pound and a half up to five pounds. I kept three at about three pounds each to eat. A lot of fun to catch on top water baits and excellent eating.

Maybe I can help find it.

I lose inspiration quickly, sometimes before even completing my task.

For an instance, I have the plot, I have the erotica and I have near-decent writing skill. All I need to do is to finish writing it.

I give up halfway, in pursuit of other plots(that are also incomplete). I have about 6 such story series, each a good 3 part novel length, in my head that are too good to pass up.

I write when the mood strikes, and that is rare. I want to complete a story for this contest, but I find solace in another story that is not for this contest.

And now I'm rambling...:eek:

Ah, rambling.
An solitary event/ occupation, often found in folk who inhabit a Moor by choice, or visit said Moor for this purpose.
You have my sympathy, Sir.

Ah, rambling.
An solitary event/ occupation, often found in folk who inhabit a Moor by choice, or visit said Moor for this purpose.
You have my sympathy, Sir.

I find it quite disconcerting when an older gentleman refers to me as 'sir'.

I don't think I deserve that title at this age. IMHO, Bard/TSB works better :)

I think HP was just being polite. Maybe a bit facetious.

I understand the feeling of losing it. In my case, I think I might be losing my mind a little. And I think I did it to myself!

For an instance, I have the plot, I have the erotica and I have near-decent writing skill. All I need to do is to finish writing it.

I give up halfway, in pursuit of other plots(that are also incomplete). I have about 6 such story series, each a good 3 part novel length, in my head that are too good to pass up.

I write when the mood strikes, and that is rare. I want to complete a story for this contest, but I find solace in another story that is not for this contest.

Only the right ideas will become stories. That eliminates tons of decent ideas that just aren't strong enough to form a complete story.

Six unfinished stories? I have more than six folders of them since I began writing in Dec. 2006.

I believe you cannot force good writing. If the mood is not there, the words will not flow and the piece won't be an enjoyable read. Putting too much pressure on the concept that you have to write daily or that you have to use every idea takes the pleasure out of creating a story.

If you were shooting for a 5,000 word story, lower the number to 3,000. Better yet . . . forget word count and let the story tell you how many words it needs. To reach the Lit word count requirement, put together a series of short scenes and give them a title. Teasers . . .

And now I rambled . . . ;)

If you were shooting for a 5,000 word story, lower the number to 3,000. Better yet . . . forget word count and let the story tell you how many words it needs. To reach the Lit word count requirement, put together a series of short scenes and give them a title. Teasers . . .

And now I rambled . . . ;)

That was interesting :)

I did complete a chapter of my story at 48 MS word pages, got it edited by someone who questioned my virility after reading the sex, and will submit it soon on Lit.

I think I have a sort of dominating and perfectionist freak inside that questions every story I submit. It doesn't comment during the time I write, though.

As soon as I submit the story, it mocks me for each and every single mistake that catches my eye. As a result, I take it down the very next day.

I know I can't and can never be perfect, but that ego urges and pushes me on to become one. That results into bizarre and mostly bad consequences for me.

Even though the previous mentioned story has been edited, I still have an innate itch to flesh it out and write a few pages more to make it look better.

This was rambling, I think :)

That was interesting :)

I did complete a chapter of my story at 48 MS word pages, got it edited by someone who questioned my virility after reading the sex, and will submit it soon on Lit.

I think I have a sort of dominating and perfectionist freak inside that questions every story I submit. It doesn't comment during the time I write, though.

As soon as I submit the story, it mocks me for each and every single mistake that catches my eye. As a result, I take it down the very next day.

I know I can't and can never be perfect, but that ego urges and pushes me on to become one. That results into bizarre and mostly bad consequences for me.

Even though the previous mentioned story has been edited, I still have an innate itch to flesh it out and write a few pages more to make it look better.

This was rambling, I think :)

Editing is a funny thing. What another person sees as a mistake or error, we might have put into the story to make a point. Their comments and suggestions are, after all, just their opinions. The final story is ours to present to the public as we choose.

Perfection is something I have worked for all my life. A paper with an "A" wasn't acceptable. I needed that extra "A+" before I was happy. Even then, I never felt I did it right or good enough or whatever. So I understand seeking perfection.

Once I write something, the story is gone from my mind. I don't go back to look at the posted submission. I've already gone on to the next piece. I don't want to waste time trying to fix a story already posted on a free site, especially when I have other goals.

*more rambling* :D

Editing is a funny thing. What another person sees as a mistake or error, we might have put into the story to make a point. Their comments and suggestions are, after all, just their opinions. The final story is ours to present to the public as we choose.

Perfection is something I have worked for all my life. A paper with an "A" wasn't acceptable. I needed that extra "A " before I was happy. Even then, I never felt I did it right or good enough or whatever. So I understand seeking perfection.

Once I write something, the story is gone from my mind. I don't go back to look at the posted submission. I've already gone on to the next piece. I don't want to waste time trying to fix a story already posted on a free site, especially when I have other goals.

*more rambling* :D

I had that anxiety disorder when I posted my first story on Lit. I took it down after submitting an edited version 3 times.

Now, I don't even give a fuck as to what happens to it or what the readers will have to say on it.

The sinful cries of new plots are always there to take my mind off the previous one :D

I find writing a good therapy for tensionised days. In fact, some of the best scenes came off during those periods. I don't know about others, but I think I find an escape from my misery when I write the words.

*ramble, ramble*

:D

I had that anxiety disorder when I posted my first story on Lit. I took it down after submitting an edited version 3 times.

Now, I don't even give a fuck as to what happens to it or what the readers will have to say on it.

The sinful cries of new plots are always there to take my mind off the previous one :D

I find writing a good therapy for tensionised days. In fact, some of the best scenes came off during those periods. I don't know about others, but I think I find an escape from my misery when I write the words.

*ramble, ramble*

:D

Much of what I write never gets posted. Although my blog is open to anyone.

I am a little confused regarding the correlation b/w the above 2 sentences :eek: although I can understand each one individually.

*groans*

I am sooo out of form today...

I am a little confused regarding the correlation b/w the above 2 sentences :eek: although I can understand each one individually.

*groans*

I am sooo out of form today...

The stories I write lately don't fit here, not even into the non-erotic category. Eventually, I may find the right outlet for them. If not, no one will ever see them.

The blog serves a different purpose. I share personal and emotional experiences and thoughts as a way of helping others who struggle with their disorders.

Well, I'm never quite sure, these days, of the gender of a writer. Even references to a 'wife' cannot be guaranteed to force a correct conclusion.
But if you're happy with Bard, so am I.

I think HP was just being polite. Maybe a bit facetious.

Not facetious, I assure you.

:rose:
Never can remember where to find it, though.

Well, I'm never quite sure, these days, of the gender of a writer. Even references to a 'wife' cannot be guaranteed to force a correct conclusion.
But if you're happy with Bard, so am I.

Not facetious, I assure you.

:rose:
Never can remember where to find it, though.

The link is in my sig. ;)

Here it is again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back