The last person to post here wins . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's "bottoms up" after work today for sure! ....um, Referring to drinks.....unless there is a woman involved, in which case....:devil:

Be careful what you wish for, John.
She am bloody dangerous; a nice lady and talented author, of course but a trifle dodgy.
;)

Maybe he means, squirmy? :devil::rose:

squirmy ??? What ? :confused:

Ah, dodgy. An English English colloquialism:

dodgy
1; cunning, artful.
2; tricky, risky.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from Oxford Talking Dictionary
Copyright © 1998 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The word was in more common use in the 1960s at a time when "Swinging" was a popular term for 'good'.
It is a word implying a certain 'caution' in any dealings. :)
One of our comedians (I think it was Norman Vaughan) used these two terms quite a lot.

I do hope this has cleared up any confusion.

PS; the term dodgy should, of course, not be taken to imply anything other than straight and civilised behaviour.

dodgy
1; cunning, artful.
2; tricky, risky.

The word was in more common use in the 1960s at a time when "Swinging" was a popular term for 'good'.
One of our comedians (I think it was Norman Vaughan) used these two terms quite a lot.

PS; the term dodgy should, of course, not be taken to imply anything other than straight and civilised behaviour.

Of course ;)

dodgy
1; cunning, artful.
2; tricky, risky.

Yeah, it even made it over here to the states in the 60s and 70s. Swinging did too, but I don't think it meant the same thing when we used it. ;)

Evening, Lynn
:)
How are you doing this Sunday?

To be honest, I'm exhausted. I spent most of the past three days with someone who was struggling to find a reason to keep going. Mentally draining even though I would do it all over again.

To be honest, I'm exhausted. I spent most of the past three days with someone who was struggling to find a reason to keep going. Mentally draining even though I would do it all over again.

If by "finding a reason to keep going" means what I think it does for that someone, then as my family would say, you've earned your place in heaven. :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back