The Lady’s Hand (A Dickings & Dalliances Adventure) - (Closed Except By Invitation)

"I've been healed. I still look like a mess, I know, but don't spend more powers on me," Sprite said, starting to dislike everyone making sure she was alright. She was nowhere close to used to people caring over her and harpy culture had no love for any such thing.

"I was attacked by a spell caster. I'm very sure it was the same one that attacked Arx and he had charmed some members of my clan. He was just outside of the cities walls and had set up a trap just for me. Arx was right in saying he was a skilled spell caster, but I,... pushed him aside and got away before things got to dangerous," Sprite explained.

She didn't go into any more detail. They didn't need to know anymore. She looked around at these new individuals, wondering what this meeting was originally about.

"Introductions?" Sprite asked, wanting to know who was before her.

Last edited:
Arx grinned ear-to-ear and took her hand, allowing her to help her up off the floor. When her name was announced, she held up her arms at the cheers. It didn't matter to her that she lost. In fact, she found the whole thing exhilarating and had nothing but respect for the woman who had nicked her. Her opponent had bested her with true skill and style- truly a great match.

"Holy shit, that was fun! Best gold I've ever spent." The changeling laughed and gave her an appreciative nod. "Thanks for just nicking me- I think you could have fucked me up real good if you wanted to."

“I’m taking a break, folks!” the Jade Heron announces to the crowd. “But I’ll be ready to take on all comers after an ale or two.” She winks out over the tables. “The drinks may even increase your odds, so don’t go home yet!”

She puts her arm around Arx’s shoulder. “I’m not here for more blood than a drop. After all, it’s all in good fun. And that was more fun than most! Best bout this month, easily; maybe this year!” She slides her arm along Arx’s back until her hand grips her shoulder, and she playfully jabs the other finger into the changeling’s chest. “You’ve got to let me buy you a drink. Come on! You paid for it, anyway.”

The cow-faced woman turns with a nod, and starts leading Chasen down the hall. “Are you severely wounded? If you’d like not to wait for Lady Maritia, there’s always a healer on duty here at the palace…”

The visiting half-elf inclines his head toward the throne. King Aillette, I apologize if we’ve come at a bad time…”

Aillette shakes her head. “Not at all, King Daravandrian.” She turns to Sprite, her eyes piercing in a way that the harpy would not have seen before. The translucent, ethereal crown on her head wasn’t new, but the regal, authoritative bearing of the head beneath it was. “Sprite, we’ll let the healers decide when they’re done.” She gestured to one of several low benches that lined the walls. “Please have a seat.”

The man with the belly spread his arms. “Now, now, dear King Aillette. There’s no need to be so formal. I assume this is one of those adventurers you mentioned?”

Aillette narrowed her eyes at the man, more appraising than rebuking, but nodded. “Yes, she is.”

The man nods toward Sprite. “Then we all owe you a debt, dear. “I am Axor, regent of Qelaz. These are my counterparts from Seagreene…” He gestures toward the half-elf before sweeping his arm toward the gnome. “…and Aurailles.”

The gnome nods. “If our suspicions are correct, then you didn’t just save the king, but the city itself, from a fate which could’ve had disastrous consequences for the entire peninsula.”

Daravandrian nods, and chuckles. “It would’ve been worse for Axor than us, but point taken.”

Axor raises a brow. “He’s not wrong, but whoever is pulling these strings is clearly not just after the Twins.” He turns back to Sprite. “This spellcaster. Could he be connected?”

“He was at the usurper’s estate, night of,” Aillette interjects.

Daravandrian hums thoughtfully.

Sprite did not talk back or question when she was ordered to sit. A harpy respected rank, a king was a king. She sat down calmly until she was talked to directly.

The gnome nods. “If our suspicions are correct, then you didn’t just save the king, but the city itself, from a fate which could’ve had disastrous consequences for the entire peninsula.”

"The fate could be still at play, we are clearly still under an attack of sorts. What fate do you feel we avoided, besides of course the crown going to the wrong and corrupted hands?" Sprites asked, honestly curious.

Axor raises a brow. “He’s not wrong, but whoever is pulling these strings is clearly not just after the Twins.” He turns back to Sprite. “This spellcaster. Could he be connected?”

"He without question is. We battled a devil while all the madness was going down in the cities heart. I'm certain that he is the one that brought forth that devil," Sprite explained.

She took in their responses, these were all high end, royal folk. None of them would repeat themselves, she was sure on that.

The gnome raises a brow. “Take enough blocks and the tower falls. Who can say if Rionne would’ve been the one to topple the Tescinelle?”

Axor turns toward the gnome. “Elder Khamier, am I correct in saying that summoning a devil is no small task.”

The gnome gives him a shallow nod. “Perhaps half a dozen of our elders could accomplish this, but I know Aurailles cultivates magical talent more than any city on the Tescinelle, save Tur Taloq. No offense intended.”

Daravandrian waves his hand. “None taken. We all have our strengths. And now more than ever we must all take the cup off our dice.”

“True,” Axor agrees with a nod, then looks to Aillette. “So that may narrow our search a bit. Has anyone else had a run-in with this mysterious spellcaster? If they noticed anything unique about him that may help our agents track him down.”

Aillette nods. “One of Sprite’s compatriots had an encounter with the man, and an officer in our military fought him at the temple.” Her face takes on a grave expression. “I understand he’s quite dangerous. We’ll need to be deliberate if you’re thinking about taking him off the board.”

Axor smiles. “As King Daravandrian put it, we all have our strengths. Get me their names if you don’t mind, and I’ll have my agent question them about what they may have noticed about the villain.”

Back