The Isolated Politics Blurt Thread I: A New Beginning

The son of Stewart Rhodes, founder of the extremist Oath Keepers, has decided to enter politics as a Democrat​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...1&cvid=4b7c04a1a08e4e3b8a3372ce0aa3e2c9&ei=35

His father is Stewart Rhodes, who is currently serving an 18-year prison sentence for seditious conspiracy for his role in the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

"It served as a sobering wake-up call in terms of how much danger we are truly in and how the Republican Party enabled a president to become an active danger to this republic," Adams told the Associated Press about his father's involvement in the riot.
Adams described having a difficult childhood with his conspiracy theorist father, who kept the family living in constant fear that the government was spying on them and believing that an apocalypse was always imminent.
"We lived in extreme isolation in one particular cultural bubble in increasingly paranoid and militant right-wing political spheres everywhere we moved in the country, until eventually we ended up in Montana."

i'm very happy he finally managed to escape the toxicity of his father and the fear-bubble created and bolstered by maga thinking and firearms manufacturers/vendors

Trump just looked at the camera and said very solemnly "you CANNOT have an election in the middle of a political season".

JimArpy will be along shortly to explain how this is simply yet another example of Trump playing 3-D chess.

Trump just looked at the camera and said very solemnly "you CANNOT have an election in the middle of a political season".

JimArpy will be along shortly to explain how this is simply yet another example of Trump playing 3-D chess.

Sounds like further evidence of Trump losing his marbles.

IMG_0122.png

Trump ads begging for donations keep popping up when I’m watching YouTube. I often watch the whole ad and sometimes click through to the website because I want to make sure Trump’s campaign has to pay the max for the ad.

Anyway, at one point in the ad the screen has this text.

This is one time I agree wholeheartedly with the Donald. Don’t donate!

Yep. If Trump is elected and goes through with his mass detention and deportation plan, several industries will be hit. Immigrants harvest farm crops and work in meat processing plants. In Florida, landscaping crews are nearly 100% immigrants, and a high percentage of construction workers are immigrants too.

Some big businesses are going to raise hell if Trump gets his way.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — An attempt by conservative Pennsylvania lawmakers to overturn a shift to automatic voter registration was dismissed by a federal court on Tuesday, along with their other challenges to actions designed to boost voter registration.

The lawsuit, filed by 24 Republican state lawmakers in January, challenged the legality of a 2021 executive order by U.S. President Joe Biden that ordered federal agencies to consider ways to expand voter access.
the challenges also took on Dem Gov. Shapiro's 'automatic voter registration' and another by a former dem gov, Wolfe, stating voter registration can't be rejected solely on specific criteria.
the challenges were rejected because they just weren't court-worthy:
In her decision, Pennsylvania U.S. District Judge Jennifer Wilson wrote that the lawmakers did not have legal standing in their filing.

“A vague, generalized allegation that elections, generally, will be undermined, is not the type of case or controversy that this court may rule on under the Constitution
," she wrote.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...&cvid=78516a47ea42406bb4fa43a734fffb57&ei=169

I was talking to some friends about motown; everyone knew Marvin Gaye and, inevitably, Heard It Through the Grapevine came up. I asked if anyone had heard Inner City Blues. Silence.
Originally it started as an instrumental piece.
So for anyone that hasn't heard it...

a3Z7vL3_700bwp.webp

Back