The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a paper due in a week on a relationship I want to improve and how I want to improve it.

I can't think of how I would improve any of my relationships, at least none that matter to me.

I could do some bs thing about a work relationship I guess. :rolleyes:

I would be tempted to write about how all my meaningful relationships don't need improving and the ones that do need improving don't have the emotional return on investment necessary to be worth the effort. Some profs would value the honesty and self-awareness.

I have a paper due in a week on a relationship I want to improve and how I want to improve it.

I can't think of how I would improve any of my relationships, at least none that matter to me.

I could do some bs thing about a work relationship I guess. :rolleyes:

Ah, but you hate bs and we all know that. So you'd be miserable writing a bs paper.

Instead, why not re-define "relationship" to go beyond interactions between people. Consider that you're in relationship with money, with your job, with your education, and with all of creation. Surely one of those relationships could use a bit of touch-up paint, no?

Ah, but you hate bs and we all know that. So you'd be miserable writing a bs paper.

Instead, why not re-define "relationship" to go beyond interactions between people. Consider that you're in relationship with money, with your job, with your education, and with all of creation. Surely one of those relationships could use a bit of touch-up paint, no?

Oh for the want of a "like" button!

The best idea of the past few weeks: starting to watch the Swedish morning shows. My listening comprehension has improved åtminstone hundra procent. Besides the Swedish weather forecast pretty consistently shows 1 degree higher temperatures, so what's not to like!

The worst idea of the past few weeks: trying to tackle Haskell. I'm basically at the hello world level and already lost.

I need to stop wanting to know things and learn things.

I would be tempted to write about how all my meaningful relationships don't need improving and the ones that do need improving don't have the emotional return on investment necessary to be worth the effort. Some profs would value the honesty and self-awareness.

It's actually part of a three part project that goes through the entire course. Part one was a self eval which included personality tests. Part two we describe the relationship, how we want to improve it, and what we intend to do to improve it. Part three is the "did it turn out like you expected?" paper.

He's already stipulated that he will not except "all of my relationships are great" as an answer because he feels like everything can be improved upon. The only thing that I can think of that might even slightly fit this idea is that some times I feel like I don't express my gratitude toward Mr & Mrs enough, but this is all in my head and has never been expressed by either of them. And I'm pretty confident that Mr would at least tell me if Mrs felt that way as his priority is to keep her happy. But even that, the only reason I really feel that way is because they say "thank you" for EV.ER.Y.THING. Seriously! And since they say it so much, I some times feel like I don't say it enough. One of those things.

I'll have to get with the instructor on that. The class is "Interpersonal Relationships" so I don't think that will work, but I could deffo write a two page paper on my relationship with money. Especially right now when I'm realizing that I'm emotional shopping again. Healthier for my body than the emotional eating, but not for my bank balance. I really like this idea though.

Hold it. The person who posted the BDSM photos thread killed it? I didn't even have a chance to do more than glance, but (s)he received criticism because the photos were not attributed? How many pic threads on Lit do that consistently? Or was it for hotlinking?

I am sorry it went away!

Last edited:
I don't even know where to put this.... several dates, lots of fun later... This...
Him : damn you're crazy
Me : I am
Him : I thought I had fetishes, Jesus!

:( kinda makes me sad and feel like a freak.

I don't even know where to put this.... several dates, lots of fun later... This...

You are.
We all are!
Fly the flag, baby!

{{{{Kitteh}}}}

I'm in an irrationally bad mood. Sex did not help, probably because part of that is I'm super bored/aggravated with "normal" sex right now. And that makes me feel like an irrational HYPOCRITE, because I also have not talked with him about it.

I'm just going to blame female hormones and go kill some pixels.

I'm in an irrationally bad mood. Sex did not help, probably because part of that is I'm super bored/aggravated with "normal" sex right now. And that makes me feel like an irrational HYPOCRITE, because I also have not talked with him about it.

I'm just going to blame female hormones and go kill some pixels.

Bah, I suppose we all have the same fears, being thought of as a freak and also boring vanilla sex.
*sigh*

I don't know how it sounded but it reads like admiration :)

It also reads like the kind of thing husband would blurt out without thinking, followed by "What? What are you looking at me like that for? Oh, come on, you know what I meant. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. Put the knife down..."

Bah, I suppose we all have the same fears, being thought of as a freak and also boring vanilla sex.
*sigh*

well. the biggest frustration is it's not like he's NOT a freak too. Unless he's lied to me and faked the fun he's having, we're pretty much on the same page. Except apparently not. At least not right now.

Like I said, I'll probably get over it. Now I have a raging backache, so probably for the best :rolleyes:

havent cracked the toybox since sometime before my three year old was born.

if that is distressing to you, then I'm sorry that sucks :(

If it's not distressing to you, well I guess it's not distressing. It does make me feel better about my itchy libido, anyway :)

well. the biggest frustration is it's not like he's NOT a freak too. Unless he's lied to me and faked the fun he's having, we're pretty much on the same page. Except apparently not. At least not right now.

Like I said, I'll probably get over it. Now I have a raging backache, so probably for the best :rolleyes:

Talk to him about it. Don't let it build up because eventually you'll explode. And the trigger is usually something minor.

He's not a mind reader. He may have no idea you are missing it. He may even think vanilla sex is what you want at the moment and that's why he's not trying anything kinky.

The issue will not get resolved until it gets talked about.

Text can be a very difficult thing to judge tone or thinking behind the words. If he had said, "Him : I thought I had fetishes, Jesus! ;)" you probably would have taken a completely different way. It's best to talk to him about it and get some clarification before thinking it was a negative response.

I don't know how it sounded but it reads like admiration :)

It also reads like the kind of thing husband would blurt out without thinking, followed by "What? What are you looking at me like that for? Oh, come on, you know what I meant. I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. Put the knife down..."

I agree.
And anyway, underwhelmed would be worse, no?

Talk to him about it. Don't let it build up because eventually you'll explode. And the trigger is usually something minor.

He's not a mind reader. He may have no idea you are missing it. He may even think vanilla sex is what you want at the moment and that's why he's not trying anything kinky.

The issue will not get resolved until it gets talked about.

*sigh* I know I know... i'm such a bloody hypocrite :p I'm afraid to press and I chicken out of discussing it. I don't knwo why but I do. I have dastardly plots, though. *planning* DASTARDLY.

Which hopefully will not be averted by KFC-aftermath like they were this morning :mad:

Idea for the next killer app: a tool that would automatically remove all cat/kitten pictures from one's social media feed. Would be worth good money to those who would use it.

Him : damn you're unsurprising!
Him : I thought I responded to stimuli in a rigorously normative fashion! Jesus!

Not as fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back