The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes; yes they did.

(I recognize that by agreeing to the above statement, I may open myself for grumpy grumbles, complaining that my attitude is elitist, unwelcoming, negative, blahblahfuckingblah. Doesn't change anything.)

Ditto. I'm completely unrepentant.

Haha, I was thinking just that a couple of days ago! :D

LOL, I love that I'm not the only one.

I wish my subconscious would quit incorporating the alarm into my dreams. It was sounding for 15 minutes today before I finally woke up.

Yes; yes they did.

(I recognize that by agreeing to the above statement, I may open myself for grumpy grumbles, complaining that my attitude is elitist, unwelcoming, negative, blahblahfuckingblah. Doesn't change anything.)

I like being an elitist.

For so many reasons I seem to be winning the war against my insomnia lately and have been dreaming a lot. Last night I dreamt that I was skydiving. Not as a memory replay, but a more current me at least I think. The concept of time was so frustratingly muddled. I kept switching between the sensation of falling and the moment of deciding to jump as if they were happening concurrently. I spent the dream trying to figure out if I was thinking about falling as I was deciding to jump, or deciding if I should have jumped while I was already falling.

Or maybe it was not a dream about skydiving at all and was just a medium to vent some of this wretched teeth grinding frustration. *shrug*

I can't believe, we're arguing over money. I can't believe I'm actually getting my panties in a twist over 97 euros.

At one of the store I was in, there was a lady who used to say, "If you're going to get your panties in a twist every time you come to work, then you'd better just come in with out them!"

Was her way of telling people to fuck off. :D

At one of the store I was in, there was a lady who used to say, "If you're going to get your panties in a twist every time you come to work, then you'd better just come in with out them!"

Was her way of telling people to fuck off. :D

Yep. Taking the panties off very much untwisted them. :)

And now, the anxiety starts. I have precisely 45 hours till people arrive for the other halfs birthday party. There is so much to do around the house that I've been putting off and I'm going to have to really bust my ass to get it done (the other half is also planning to bust my ass tonight and that will only make everything more painful tomorrow).

We only have people over twice a year and I still fall apart beforehand everytime. Goddamned AvPD, why can't I just not be paranoid for a few days till this is over?

Ok, so one of my work friends has a brother who lives in the same state as me. He added on me on Facebook and apparently was asking my friend about me. Ok, fine, whatever. So he started messaging me last night, but we didn't talk much.

Now he's messaging me again tonight, and I'm trying to stumble through the most awkward conversation ever. There's nothing wrong with the guy, but I clearly have practically nothing in common with him, and I pretty much suck at conversation, anyway. But he's my friend's brother, so I can't just stop talking to him when things get awkward like I do on dating sites and shit.

Ugh. Why do I always get myself into this kinda shit?

ETA: Could someone please explain to the single people of the world that not *everyone* gives a shit about movies, TV, and video games? Christ. I'm so tired of talking about this stupid bullshit. I. Don't. Care.

Last edited:
Buying a new lap top is hard. And boring. And difficult. And hard.

OSG, fainting doesn't sound good! Take care of yourself, ok?

i am so soooo tired of fainting. it's not nearly as sexy and refined in 2012 as it was in 1880. :mad:

OSG, fainting doesn't sound good! Take care of yourself, ok?
How did I miss this when it was first posted???

OSG, please see your health care provider, soon. Unexplained syncope can be symptomatic of a number of more serious, "hidden" conditions to which the fainting is sometimes the only visible clue, and/or also possible negative reaction/side effect to medication (sometimes, those reactions can take a while to show up - as in a few years!). If this is happening more than once or twice a *year,* it's important that you get help determining the cause and eliminating/modifying it. Please? We need you 'round here, ya know! :rose:

Buying a new lap top is hard. And boring. And difficult. And hard.
I'm sorry, darlin'. Picking out just about any new electronic device these days is devilishly frustrating, given the humongous number of alternatives available, all the different built-in features, apps, etc. I wish you luck. I'm sorry that I can't just say, "Go buy XYD Model 347KL429/BG764; it's the best laptop that will ever be made," but that statement would be untruthful within months and only truthful to a very small percentage of users for even that short period of time.

The only advice I can offer is that you sit down and make lists of the things you *have* to have (hardware-wise AND software-wise), the things you *want* to have (ditto), and the things you do NOT want or need, then try to determine which make and model of laptop best fits those requirements for the best price with the best reputation for durability, service, etc.

Good luck to you! :kiss: :rose:

OSG, sorry for yellin' up there, but I wanted to make sure I got your attention! ;)

Ok, so one of my work friends has a brother who lives in the same state as me. He added on me on Facebook and apparently was asking my friend about me. Ok, fine, whatever. So he started messaging me last night, but we didn't talk much.

Now he's messaging me again tonight, and I'm trying to stumble through the most awkward conversation ever. There's nothing wrong with the guy, but I clearly have practically nothing in common with him, and I pretty much suck at conversation, anyway. But he's my friend's brother, so I can't just stop talking to him when things get awkward like I do on dating sites and shit.

Ugh. Why do I always get myself into this kinda shit?

ETA: Could someone please explain to the single people of the world that not *everyone* gives a shit about movies, TV, and video games? Christ. I'm so tired of talking about this stupid bullshit. I. Don't. Care.
LOL - I do almost nothing on FB, so I'm not sure, but maybe you could possibly post something on your FB page that essentially says, "If you want to get my attention or gain my interest, don't talk about Kardashians, Lohans, movies, TV and/or video games. Talk about things that matter, like Tennessee Walking Horses, good literature, good music, solutions to the U.S. and/or world economic crisis, and how to speak and write more grammatically in Klingon." (Okay, the last one was thrown in for comic relief - so sue me :p ).

Something like that might at least give them an idea of your interests (and disinterests!), and help them get a real dialog going... just a thought.

{{{Hugs, namesake - and oh, crap, we're getting a year older this month! :eek:}}}

Yeeeah, my needs for the laptop are pretty much Lit, a couple of other boards, reading the newspapers, checking emails, writing essays for school and a very occasional movie on the train. So I don't need much.

Here comes the but. He has some great ideas of how my new laptop will become a back up something or another for watching movies at home on TV, because our media box needs to be updated or upgraded or something.

Ok, I'm pretty computer savvy, I know the hardware requirements for my needs (not much), and I even know the requirements for his planned back-up-something-needs (quite a bit more, since it'll have to run full HD movies). I understand a lot of the letters and numbers mentioned in the specs, I know what a processor is and what kind of a graphic card I need and why, so technically I'm not doing so bad.

I'm just left with a gigantic task of finding a laptop that will do what he wants it to do, looks pretty and is within my comfortable price range. Not easy. Blergh.

And boring. Double blergh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back