The Bodega

My eighth grade English teacher did one thing that was amazing: rented out a single screen and took all his classes to an early preview showing of The Fellowship of the Ring a week before it actually came out.
Those films are, in my not-so-humble opinion, some of the best ever made.
I agree completely. They have supplanted Star Wars in my psyche.

I don’t remember ever not being a huge reader. My dad read to us every, single night and started on all the Oz books when I was really little. Then The Hobbit. And some of my earliest memories are of dragging my mom to the library multiple times a week to get new books. I used to get so many Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas from Book-It.

As I got older I never cared if I got in trouble because I was happy to go to my room to read. And some of my biggest fights as a preteen with my mom were over what reading material was appropriate to my age and what was too mature 😂

I don’t remember ever not being a huge reader. My dad read to us every, single night and started on all the Oz books when I was really little. Then The Hobbit. And some of my earliest memories are of dragging my mom to the library multiple times a week to get new books. I used to get so many Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas from Book-It.

As I got older I never cared if I got in trouble because I was happy to go to my room to read. And some of my biggest fights as a preteen with my mom were over what reading material was appropriate to my age and what was too mature 😂
I love this. I was similar, my mom would take away TV (and later video games) but never books. And so, getting in trouble was never that terrible. I mean aside from the fact that I’m a pleaser and getting in “trouble” ruins me.

I love this. I was similar, my mom would take away TV (and later video games) but never books. And so, getting in trouble was never that terrible. I mean aside from the fact that I’m a pleaser and getting in “trouble” ruins me.
I rarely got in trouble, but eventually my mom wised up and actually did take my books away as a punishment. She still jokes that as a teacher it was horrible and way tougher on her than me 😆

Good girl.
giphy.gif

Back