The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week, another retinologist. Well, some of the same retinologists as the last few weeks. Another two-hour drive to Sacramento (and return); another session with bright lights, cold lenses, occasional needles, more prescriptions, and a cheery prognosis -- but I only see slightly better than at the onset five weeks ago. They may hit me with lasers in a few weeks.

I may see clearly again, or not. James Joyce had such terrible vision that he wrote with red crayon on a large easel pad, wearing a white suit to reflect more light on the paper. (This explains his spelling and punctuation.) I can't envisage submitting to LIT in such a format.

Another week, another retinologist. Well, some of the same retinologists as the last few weeks. Another two-hour drive to Sacramento (and return); another session with bright lights, cold lenses, occasional needles, more prescriptions, and a cheery prognosis -- but I only see slightly better than at the onset five weeks ago. They may hit me with lasers in a few weeks.

I may see clearly again, or not. James Joyce had such terrible vision that he wrote with red crayon on a large easel pad, wearing a white suit to reflect more light on the paper. (This explains his spelling and punctuation.) I can't envisage submitting to LIT in such a format.

I only have one working eye and have had cataract surgery on it. That was eight years ago. Now the new lens is getting some growth on the back side. At my latest eye exam, the doctor comment on it and said laser surgery was available to fix it but recommended that I put it off until glasses won't correct the problem.

Good luck with the eyes. When I had the cataract, I was legally blind for several months. Writing at that level is a bitch. Being able to increase font size on the monitor is the only way I got through it until surgery.

I think laurel might get a kick out of the red crayon. With her sense of humor she might just post it that way. :D

Hi. Came in for something soothing. MRI tomorrow and I'm a little nervous.

Maybe I should draw/write with red crayon and I'd feel better. ;)

Hi. Came in for something soothing. MRI tomorrow and I'm a little nervous.

Maybe I should draw/write with red crayon and I'd feel better. ;)

red-crayons.jpg

Use as many as you need. No white suit for you, though. Sorry.

Positive thoughts your way!

Last edited:

Good Luck !

My optician has told me that she can see the beginnings of a cataract in one eye. I ain't looking forward to it being fixed, regardless of the "oh it didn't hurt" protests of several friends. With luck, I'll manage.
But I think I may have to learn Morse Code (again) in order to write anything.

Meanwhile a cup of tea, I think.

Good luck PL. Although I don't think luck has anything to do with it. Maybe I should have said, best wishes instead. :rose::kiss:

HP, the only pain I had during the surgery was the doctor ripping off the tape and half my eyebrow the next morning. During the operation I was seeing one hell of a light show and described it to the doctor. He had never had anyone do that before.

Time for a shower after a few hours in the yard trimming up shrubs and trees. Also time for a fresh pot of coffee and a kettle for the night bunch.

Surviving anything is usually a positive experience. [politics excluded] I'm happy to be dealing with my ophthalmologists rather than my partner's oncologists. All are hopeful. My partner is down to annual checkups.

I saw my retina docs again today. Verdict: left eye has probably irreversible damage. Right eye can probably be cleaned out -- they'll laser me in about ten days. Cataracts may be forthcoming. It's not yet time to look for a seeing-eye porcupine.

Sure sign of an epidemic: a run on red crayons.

Good morning, or is it good night? Got up waaaay too early. Got an early start this morning for work but I woke up waaaay before my alarm and decided what the heck, might as well get up and write because I couldn't get back to sleep.

Coffee, my laptop and a story to work on.... :cattail: - what better way to start the day.

cec05078408e8dc0fd17f202da5f1f12--coffee-talk-coffee-cups.jpg

...what better way to start the day.

Better than my start to the day.

I'm gearing up for an interview with a potential client later this morning :(

I need to re-think my answers to all those boring, cliched questions: What are your strengths / weaknesses? What are your biggest successes / failures? Etc. I'm bored with my canned answers. Perhaps I'll tell them that my biggest successes are getting red "H" icons on Literotica! LOL :D

Surviving anything is usually a positive experience. [politics excluded] I'm happy to be dealing with my ophthalmologists rather than my partner's oncologists. All are hopeful. My partner is down to annual checkups.

I saw my retina docs again today. Verdict: left eye has probably irreversible damage. Right eye can probably be cleaned out -- they'll laser me in about ten days. Cataracts may be forthcoming. It's not yet time to look for a seeing-eye porcupine.

See, your mother was right. Masturbation will cause you to go blind. One eye is no problem as long as you remember your depth perception will suck. Use closing rate when driving.

A seeing-eye porcupine, huh? Interesting choice. A friend of mine picked a smaller sized dog, which everyone thought was hilarious since he is such a huge guy. The dog got the last laugh after bob took him sky diving. The little fucker shit and pissed on half of New Mexico. :D

Morning Chloe, a happy Friday to you. I woke up at 5, laughed, and went back to sleep. Now I'm fed and caffeinated. So what's next you ask? Hell if i know but if it is like normal it will be interesting or else.

HO, bragging about accomplishments on Lit in certain circles is very reward if for no other reason than a shock value. :D

Better than my start to the day.

I'm gearing up for an interview with a potential client later this morning :(

I need to re-think my answers to all those boring, cliched questions: What are your strengths / weaknesses? What are your biggest successes / failures? Etc. I'm bored with my canned answers. Perhaps I'll tell them that my biggest successes are getting red "H" icons on Literotica! LOL :D

I had one interview before I started working that was just going so badly I didn't think it could get any worse so when they asked about interests outside of work I said going to bars and partying. The guy interviewer laughed and said I'd fit right in. The female half of the pair did not laugh at all. I didn't get the job but by then I was convinced i wasn't going to anyway so why not have some fun.

See, your mother was right. Masturbation will cause you to go blind. D

Oh no! Is that why I need glasses? Nobody told me that! :eek: - and I'm so lucky, there's a Dr right here. I'm going to ask.

Oh no! Is that why I need glasses? Nobody told me that! :eek: - and I'm so lucky, there's a Dr right here. I'm going to ask.

Does he wear glasses also? :D

Now every time you see someone wearing glasses you'll wonder how often they do it. There is a big plot bunny in there somewhere. ;)

I had one interview before I started working that was just going so badly I didn't think it could get any worse so when they asked about interests outside of work I said going to bars and partying. The guy interviewer laughed and said I'd fit right in. The female half of the pair did not laugh at all. I didn't get the job but by then I was convinced i wasn't going to anyway so why not have some fun.

I thought the interview went ... okay. But they called our sales team and said that I seemed to be a "star". Funny - you never know.

There will be a follow-up interview next week, the 3rd for this client. The first 2 were via phone, but this one will be via Skype. Before that Skype interview ... I suppose I'd better put some clothes on :(

I thought the interview went ... okay. But they called our sales team and said that I seemed to be a "star". Funny - you never know.

There will be a follow-up interview next week, the 3rd for this client. The first 2 were via phone, but this one will be via Skype. Before that Skype interview ... I suppose I'd better put some clothes on :(

Just dress from the waist up. That way they can wonder what you are smiling so broadly about. :D

A seeing-eye porcupine, huh? Interesting choice.
I'm inspired by the guy we long ago saw in a tiny Nevada town, walking down the road at daybreak beside a bulky companion... a porcupine. The guy told us and other bystanders of motorcycling with a pet porky riding in his lap. And of sitting in an easy chair at home, watching TV, with a porky on each knee. Yes, plural pet porkies. Can they be trained as service critters?

A friend of mine picked a smaller sized dog, which everyone thought was hilarious since he is such a huge guy. The dog got the last laugh after bob took him sky diving. The little fucker shit and pissed on half of New Mexico. :D
All of New Mexico will eventually wash down to Texas. Shit flows downhill.

Meanwhile, I just got word from the docs: I'm in for laser surgery this Monday, yup in just three days. Await further reports.

Meanwhile, I just got word from the docs: I'm in for laser surgery this Monday, yup in just three days. Await further reports.

Best of luck with that procedure. I cringe even at the thought of any work anywhere near my eyes.

I'm inspired by the guy we long ago saw in a tiny Nevada town, walking down the road at daybreak beside a bulky companion... a porcupine. The guy told us and other bystanders of motorcycling with a pet porky riding in his lap. And of sitting in an easy chair at home, watching TV, with a porky on each knee. Yes, plural pet porkies. Can they be trained as service critters?

Random trivia -- when my daughter took a class with seeing eye dogs for a special day at school, I learned that only dogs trained at this specific institute in Morristown, NJ, can be called seeing-eye dogs.

I wonder if they also train porcupines.

Hope it all goes well. :) :rose:

Thanks for all the well-wishes, and my thoughts go out for everyone facing surgery or even endoscopies. Hey, y'all can buy DIY endoscopy kits now. See what you really are!

Eyeball stuff is a bit like virginity: "big issue over a little tissue". ;) Blobs of vitreous (the inside wet glop) will go off to a superlab to try to find WTF is causing this, since none of the usual screening shows positives (bad signs). Fortunately, my retinologists seem to be The Pros From Dover. Maybe I won't need red crayons after all.

Good Luck.
I've passed my oncologists, after 5 years of tests, inspections, prodding probing and general confusion. I've been flying solo fo nigh-on three years now.
Fingers crossed it will continue.

And now, a cup of tea.

Good evening all. :rose: This page best seems to be summed up by the old adage, "If it isn't one thing, it's half a dozen others." Keeping good thoughts for all who need it as I read through your posts. :rose::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back