The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

I’m having a problem with soft food. I only have jello and rice.
I'm so sorry you're having difficulties.
When I've needed soft food, but had challenges, I tried experimenting with smoothies.
Not sure if that could be an option for you?
I will sneak a little protein powder in those as well - that's how I roll.
There are dairy free options out there if you need to avoid dairy for a few days. It can increase phlegm and congestion.
Frozen fruit, a splash of fruit juice, and maybe a little leafy green veg masked by the fruit? Lots of recipes online. Substitute foods you like for those you don't. By mindful of calories and sugar but otherwise the sky's the limit.
Hope you find something that will work for you!! 🤗

1896ca28ddf38355455dcaca47a5c396.jpg

Morning, all. 8:20am at my place. Been up almost an hour. Time to top off my water and start some herbal mint tea. It's a decaf day, too (w/ liquid protein for sweetener). Pushing that protein for healing - and b/c I'm always protein challenged.
Blueberries and strawberries with optional feta topping for breakfast in my kitchen. 🫐🍓🧀

For those in the café, here's some other fare 🍳🥞🧇🥓🥯🥐🍩☕🫖☕🍵☕🥛☕

69F with a high of 81F forecasted with high pollen today.
(Think that's @ 25.5C to 27C)

Hoping for a nap later. Will be a lazy day for me.
Nice to hear that you’re up and about and none the worse for wear.

Ty so much for the Celsius conversion, I always run out of fingers and toes when I convert from C to F

Wow. That mid-morning nap is calling my name, loudly. :LOL:
Executive decision: move up next med by 15 min and hit that nap!!
@B2fromA2looking4U and @Noor Hope you're both hanging in there with your recoveries, too!! 🤗 🤗 for you both.

@Sincity09 Glad to help w/ the CtoF when I remember. Handy online conversion site. Beats the formula for "getting close": multiply by 2 then add 32 when going C to F.

Up... and now down... like the slowest moving rollercoaster ever. :ROFLMAO:

Are you icing? I find icing every 10-15 mins every 15 mins helps, after awhile you can’t feel anything.
I just had oral surgery too.
I’m icing and taking 600mg of ibuprofen every 4-6 hrs.
I will start saline rinses today.
I’m having a problem with soft food. I only have jello and rice.
I am icing. Taking the 600 mg ibuprofen and 500 mg Tylenol. And doing ice packs. I start the saline rinses also today.
No more bleeding.

Thanks

Morning catch up:

Good idea, B2! Hope you're doing better than I am with that - I woke at 1:40am for a pitstop, last thought before I fell asleep again, "it's time for another Tylenol". Woke again at 7:29am only to find that Tylenol still in the pill minder. :rolleyes: Working on a better plan for overnight tonight.

I have a mug that says, "I am a f@!!ing ray of sunshine!" That and my library check out card mug are fave gift mugs.

Truer words never spoken! Chasing pain is the pits (previous experience, not today's... I'm doing ok today).

Before my wisdom teeth extraction they recommended eating jello because the gelatin would help with blood clotting. IDK if it would interfere with any meds now (I wasn't on any meds back then). But there are also gelatin capsules you could take if you don't like jello. They can be found in the beauty aisle - good for hair and nails. Just a thought - but if you're on any Rx at all, check w/ doctor first. 🤗 for continued healing, B2!!
I set timers for the meds.. I found tea works on clotting.

Thank you.

Wow. That mid-morning nap is calling my name, loudly. :LOL:
Executive decision: move up next med by 15 min and hit that nap!!
@B2fromA2looking4U and @Noor Hope you're both hanging in there with your recoveries, too!! 🤗 🤗 for you both.

@Sincity09 Glad to help w/ the CtoF when I remember. Handy online conversion site. Beats the formula for "getting close": multiply by 2 then add 32 when going C to F.

Up... and now down... like the slowest moving rollercoaster ever. :ROFLMAO:
He used his C to F?....you animal!
Now he's going up and down with his C to F?

The outing was kinda meh. Some days, it's better that I not leave the house. Or, barring that, better that I not interact with people. It was just kind of a non-starter event.

Still soggy outside. That doesn't help.

The outing was kinda meh. Some days, it's better that I not leave the house. Or, barring that, better that I not interact with people. It was just kind of a non-starter event.

Still soggy outside. That doesn't help.
Cool. Low 60s here with light drizzle... Ugh! We get too much rain.

Back