The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon. All are welcome!

Is that the pot your juniper lives in? I bet it is going to look beautiful! 😍
Yes! Not a typical bonsai pot as it has the drainage hole on the side, but as you’ll see in the next iteration of pics, I was able to run the shaping wire through the side and pull the plant up for leverage to keep the Shari out of the soil and prevent further rot (hopefully!).

Junipers are traditionally in clay pots, but I cheated (if you haven’t noticed I break a lot of “rules”😊) and went with this glazed pot. Mainly because at the time it had a built in humidity tray.

I have posted the car pictures with Fred. I like cars - old is good. I saw this ad and have nothing either for or against Buicks, but this picture reminded me, if you played with the light, of Edward Hopper.

399944899_894837659045749_1314439053357277915_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey! Who’s up for a drink?

This joints quiet tonite.

Weeks almost over and started badly. But now we’re close to the finish line.

Going to see Me First And The Gimme Gimmes Saturday in Asbury Park. The ultimate punk rock cover band. Members are from a bunch of other punk rock bands (Lagwagon, NOFX and The Swingin Utters)

Hey! Who’s up for a drink?

This joints quiet tonite.

Weeks almost over and started badly. But now we’re close to the finish line.

Going to see Me First And The Gimme Gimmes Saturday in Asbury Park. The ultimate punk rock cover band. Members are from a bunch of other punk rock bands (Lagwagon, NOFX and The Swingin Utters)
How about this
1714099762931.png

I always stop off somewhere on a Friday to buy my wine for the weekend. Not that I'm a big drinker but I like a few glasses each weekend night, it's how I chill. I've kept the beers to an absolute minimum this year and as a result I have lost 5Kg, or 11 lbs to the heathen.

Love a good red . Reminds me I need go to store tomorrow . Currently sipping on some pink grapefruit juice and tequila .

So sorry you get hives from red wine ….. that is wild
One of my faves from a trip to Spokane, Washington was Latah Creek Merlot 1996.
All time fave was Chateau D'Agassac Cru Bourgeois 1995 (Red Bordeaux). Bought a bottle on a recco from the shop worker, fell in love. Went back and bought them out (6 bottles). Never found it again, but loved every drop. (Most of my friends back then didn't drink wine, so no sharesies)

Not sure how either would have aged if any was found today. But @ 2-3 years after the vintage they were delightful.

Best dessert out was at an Asian-Fusion restaurant.
Grapefruit-tequila sorbet topped with cracked black pepper.
OMG was that tasty!!

I always stop off somewhere on a Friday to buy my wine for the weekend. Not that I'm a big drinker but I like a few glasses each weekend night, it's how I chill. I've kept the beers to an absolute minimum this year and as a result I have lost 5Kg, or 11 lbs to the heathen.
That's about 8/10 of a stone.
Beer's like that... beer calories hit differently.
Reminds me - I still have some wine glasses and a basic 3-bottle rack around here somewhere. I should donate them.

One of my faves from a trip to Spokane, Washington was Latah Creek Merlot 1996.
All time fave was Chateau D'Agassac Cru Bourgeois 1995 (Red Bordeaux). Bought a bottle on a recco from the shop worker, fell in love. Went back and bought them out (6 bottles). Never found it again, but loved every drop. (Most of my friends back then didn't drink wine, so no sharesies)

Not sure how either would have aged if any was found today. But @ 2-3 years after the vintage they were delightful.

Best dessert out was at an Asian-Fusion restaurant.
Grapefruit-tequila sorbet topped with cracked black pepper.
OMG was that tasty!!

Yum that sorbet sounds absolutely delicious!!!! I am gonna have to see if I can recreate it 😍

That's about 8/10 of a stone.
Beer's like that... beer calories hit differently.
Reminds me - I still have some wine glasses and a basic 3-bottle rack around here somewhere. I should donate them.
I have wine racks all around my living areas, and a few in my workshop that have never been used, but that's because I went through a phase of making them, it was fun.

Back