The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

Didn’t know they made a movie about it, but didn’t follow the book? Ugh, Hollywood…
Sorry I wasn't clear.
The movie, with the same title as the book, appears to be in no way connected to the book. It is it's own creature with a completely different storyline - because it has zero relationship to the book.

I would not be surprised that whomever wrote/directed/produced the movie never heard of the book or even knew a book with the same title existed in the world. 🤷‍♀️

Did you have a tough night sleeping?

I woke up at 4 AM myself. Not by choice.
Took a while to get to sleep and then I woke up after 5 hours due to additional hydration for a pesky issue that should be resolved in a few weeks*.

Sorry your night was cut short, too. 😥
Makes for a long day.

*all is well - working w/ dr - it's just annoying at this point
up hydration = extra pit stops & shorter sleep cycles
don't up hydration = ow, ow, ow

Hey can I get toast and coffee.

Anybody had cataract surgery? At least I learned it wasn’t related to this activity.View attachment 2343890
:coffee: 🍞 *pops a couple pieces in the toaster*

One of my sisters had cataract surgery - both eyes, one at a time. Her cataract issue was idiopathic (meaning unknown origin) rather than age related. Her distance vision is perfect; she needs "cheaters" for up close. She's annoyed that she needs glasses to see the food on her plate when she eats but not to drive.

Surgery is outpatient, day surgery. With prep and recovery takes about 3 hours. Then a post-op follow up a few days later.

Took a while to get to sleep and then I woke up after 5 hours due to additional hydration for a pesky issue that should be resolved in a few weeks*.

Makes for a long day.

I hope that you get back to feeling better, soon.

One of my sisters had cataract surgery - both eyes, one at a time. Her cataract issue was idiopathic (meaning unknown origin) rather than age related. Her distance vision is perfect; she needs "cheaters" for up close. She's annoyed that she needs glasses to see the food on her plate when she eats but not to drive.

Surgery is outpatient, day surgery. With prep and recovery takes about 3 hours. Then a post-op follow up a few days later.
It really is amazing. The medical advances that are at are available now.

@mortis, I hope this procedure is simple for you too.

I have an appointment to do double cateract surgery in 6 months but I'm leary, because I'm diabetic and I don't heal well.

It's suprising that they want to go forward in doing both at the same time.
What is their reasoning?
I have to use the zoom feature on everything electronic like this tablet and I have special glasses 👓 to be able to drive. Diabetes type 2, I have had for about 30+ years & it's getting worse . Is it the Diabetes or is it because I am 70?

I have to use the zoom feature on everything electronic like this tablet and I have special glasses 👓 to be able to drive. Diabetes type 2, I have had for about 30+ years & it's getting worse . Is it the Diabetes or is it because I am 70?
Have you considered getting a second opinion?
Is there another provider who has done this surgery on a large number of diabetics? What has their experience been?

Both cataracts and diabetes themselves are routine/common... does that mean combining them is also routine/common? Not every combination makes a tasty Oreo™️ cookie.

I understand the reason now.
However I am the youngster of the group being 52. So can't offer much in the way of it being age or medical.

I hope that said procedure goes well for you.

It’s not a thing here, but we have Labor Day, which is the first Monday in September. Same concept, just most of us happen to get a three day weekend out of it.😂 but not all. Those in the service and restaurant biz, still work.

Celebrate workers rights … yeah. It’s really just the unofficial end of summer and another excuse to have a barbecue and for people to have dumb sales and spend money.

....I appreciate Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc off HOWEVER definitely pay for them the next day :LOL:

By the time Friday rolls around in a short week, I am much more stressed than on a normal week..

Makes for a long day.

So happy to hear all is 'fixable' :rose: Wish you a speedy recovery!

Yep, work is done for today. Mah feetses are sore from overuse. I'm getting more exercise than I had been - walking mostly. I wore the better shoes today, so that was good.

They emailed me the deed for the closing next week, and they got my bit wrong. Good thing I didn't assume. Now I have the correct one. That'll be Saturday morning's errand, going to the bank to see the notary, and then to the FedEx or whomever. If someone asks what I'm doing, I will tell them that I'm running the streets. Meh, decidedly First World problems.

Back