The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

Glad you're on top of those things, Wat!

You know, funny thing is, it sounds kinda like I'm "keeping score" on these poor people. Like look at how all-over-it I am and how you/they suck. It's not that. I got lucky on reading the thing, but I got in the habit of doing things like that when working for an outfit that employed me when I was in my mid to late 20s. That guy was a stickler, but he had a point. If I missed it, fine, but if I don't check, that's 100% on me.

Happy Thursday!!! Coffee is up-n-running on cup #2. Looks like we have warm and sunny for today and tomorrow, and I head back to the house tomorrow afternoon. I have now officially walked the entire building, all 138 units. I know there's something in there waiting to bite us, but for the moment, Ignorance is Bliss.

Sounds like a very productive day. Be nice to yourself. Grief is not a linear process. 🫂🫂View attachment 2344040
Thank you for understanding. Grief is not something our society does well. And it’s not our fault as no one has really told us what a grieving person needs. I tell folks to give me grace for my actions as I will do for you. Give me space sometimes. And let me grieve at my own pace. Again thank you.

Don't you just love those management "gotta get everyone together and waste their time" meetings? And why isn't the rest of the group held accountable for information given to them? 😠😠

One of the things I hated about my job before I retired was that I had very little authority but nearly 100% accountability. I frequently felt I was trapped in an unwinnable Catch 22. 🤬🤬 Doctors and administrators continually acted as if CMS requirements were my own personal fiefdom!

Them - "Just contact CMS and get this requirement changed."

Me - "That's not how any of this works." 🙄🙄
I felt a little of that as a manager and supervisor. always caught in the middle and hearing about it from both sides. I am glad I am retired.

Funny! I've never seen this commercial. We don't have DD here. 😤
What?? do you live in some backwater little town? You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting 25 Dunkin’ Donuts right here in Jersey.

It’s even worse when you go up to new England there’s one in every corner I think.

Well, you do have Dutch Bros

Oh yesss

The local/mom and pop are the best!

Where I live apples are grown (actually tons of fruits and veggies), and some of the apple farms make the BEST apple fritters. They are massive, weigh as much as a bowling ball, and if you get there while the donuts are still warm….🤤

Phew ok I might need some quality alone time now and a cig after - and I don’t smoke 😛

I like my donuts!

Back