The 2022 Literotica Awards Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very flattered and surprised to be nominated for an award. Thanks to whoever put me forward and to those who have voted.

Interesting stats when you look at how often a particular category in Laurel's list has been viewed. Incest and LW right up there; poetry, not so much.

Ooo! Just noticed you can't 'Delete' your post in this thread, only 'Edit' it. I wonder why?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the nomination of Catch and Don't Release in the Best Gay Male Category. I'm so pleased to see how much people love this simple and beautiful love story. I have it on Google Play Books too, still free, and it always will be! As always, Lit readers as the BEST!

-Eskay (SK)
www.eskaykabba.com

Thanks for the nomination, and all the votes. It really means a lot to me. That being said, I ask that anyone else who votes to vote for Dtiverson. While my story was a soft simple love story, Angels Of Bataan is a romance set against the horrors of war, and the overcoming of adversity under horrible conditions. The fact that the horrors portrayed were based on real lives and conditions makes it that much more powerful. He deserves this far more than me. I thank you once again for your support.

Q

Thanks so much for the nomination and thanks too, to all of you who voted for 'Just Roomies' in Mature. I'm glad so many of you enjoyed it.

Hello all,

I've been writing stories and publishing on Literotica for several years and have 14 published stories so far.

I would LOVE to have any of my stories submitted for competition consideration, but as I understand it, the only way to have a story entered is by getting enough likes/ratings, which in itself is a hard thing to do.

I find it mildly frustrating as I think that the site has so much content; so many authors publish so often that it's incredibly hard to get any serious amount of attention to a newly published story. Some of my stories take 10+ hours to write, plus another 5+ hours of proofing & editing, and then they get little or no comments or ratings.

The problem is that I'm not really sure how Literotica can change it!

I'd love to find a way to attract more attention to my stories and collect feedback to improve my writing, which is why I thought that if I could get one (or more) entered into a competition, it might help.

Any advice will be gratefully received.. thanks in advance.

(I hope it's OK to post this here, if not please feel free to remove it.)

Hello all,

I've been writing stories and publishing on Literotica for several years and have 14 published stories so far.

I would LOVE to have any of my stories submitted for competition consideration, but as I understand it, the only way to have a story entered is by getting enough likes/ratings, which in itself is a hard thing to do.

I find it mildly frustrating as I think that the site has so much content; so many authors publish so often that it's incredibly hard to get any serious amount of attention to a newly published story. Some of my stories take 10+ hours to write, plus another 5+ hours of proofing & editing, and then they get little or no comments or ratings.

The problem is that I'm not really sure how Literotica can change it!

I'd love to find a way to attract more attention to my stories and collect feedback to improve my writing, which is why I thought that if I could get one (or more) entered into a competition, it might help.

Any advice will be gratefully received.. thanks in advance.

(I hope it's OK to post this here, if not please feel free to remove it.)
Hi,
A few suggestions.
One write in a variety of categories.
Two use hashtags wisely.
Three create intriguing titles.
Four use Twitter or some other social media to promote your releases.
Five, for me, it’s longevity. Over time you gain a following and they bookmark you as a writer and then read all you write.

Lastly, enter contests. It’s not about winning, although that is nice too, it’s about exposure as the story will always be on the top part of the page the day it’s released and on the contest page for the entire length of the contest.

If interested, I have an essay called Tips for Writing Erotica and getting readers which goes in much more detail.

Best of luck
Jasmine

I am honored to have won in two (!) categories, Humor & Satire and Novels & Novellas. I'd like to thank all our readers, especially those who took the time to make their opinions known, and to congratulate the winners and all the nominees.

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone who voted and made things interesting!

Thank you for your votes, I'm honored, and I'm happy that my story was to your liking ;)

Last edited:
I think I finally might believe other people when they say they were genuinely honored just to be nominated.
I am happy to have had two nominations.
Congrats to @aimingtomisbehave33 and @Trionyx, for writing better stories than I did!

All that said, it was a bit of a wrench to have seen Alistaire in the lead there for a while, only to have him come up short at the end! Alistaire NEVER comes up "short"...

1st) Congratulations to all the winners.

2nd) If the person who nominated me is reading this, Thank you. It was a surprise and an honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back