Test Your Posting Here

Just seeing if my signature works
You can only see your signature if you click on your user name and then on the "about" button. (Maybe you already knew that? This is a rather long thread.) It should be there for every post. Your avatar picture should be visible on the left for every post.

Trying to see if I can still provide a url this way. Here is a link to the HT Cafe

ETA: 🎉
You can't use URLs inside a story except for links to other parts of the site. For postings, you can link to anything. Use the link button (it seems to look like a paper clip.) Or you can hit control-K. You have the option of naming the link, describing what it shows. I'm not sure what the HT Cafe has to do with it.

42nd Street 1950s

You can't use URLs inside a story except for links to other parts of the site. For postings, you can link to anything. Use the link button (it seems to look like a paper clip.) Or you can hit control-K. You have the option of naming the link, describing what it shows. I'm not sure what the HT Cafe has to do with it.

42nd Street 1950s
I’m not at all sure what you are trying to say… I was literally just testing a post to see if my vbulletin shortcut would work in the new XF site. This thread is about testing a post. No need for comments; it’s just for people to test something they want to test.

I’m not at all sure what you are trying to say… I was literally just testing a post to see if my vbulletin shortcut would work in the new XF site. This thread is about testing a post. No need for comments; it’s just for people to test something they want to test.
Don't worry about it, but I don't get what you're trying to say either. I'm not techie enough; "a vbulletin shortcut in the new XF site?" What does that mean? As I said, you don't have to explain it if you don't want to. I can't see how it affects anything I've been doing.

This thread isn’t a discussion thread. It is for testing one’s post. I had something I wanted to try in the new Lit format. I tried it. It worked.

Similarly, Lady_Rush didn’t need explanation about signatures. She knows what she’s doing. There were things that didn’t transfer immediately or similarly during the big lit forum update that just happened. She wanted to make a post to see what she could see with her signature. She did. No explanation from others should be needed.

Don't worry about it, but I don't get what you're trying to say either. I'm not techie enough; "a vbulletin shortcut in the new XF site?" What does that mean? As I said, you don't have to explain it if you don't want to. I can't see how it affects anything I've been doing.
A vBulletin shortcut is the same in XF. She's talking about the BB code used in a shortcut. In XF you don't see the BB code anymore whereas in vBulletin you not only saw it but sometimes had to type it in.

[noparse] just testing something [/noparse]

I guess noparse isn't understood by XF. Info... noparse is a BB code to tell the software not to execute the bb code between the [noparse] [/noparse] tags.

[b]testing[/b]

Ah, got it. Instead of noparse you have to use plain tags.

Last edited:
Back