Teach-in Glosa

a good Brain-cercise

Thanks. I did break that one line but it worked better that way and I was trying to hear the meter and make it work in the line. :kiss:

doin' these Glosas kepps the brain agile , alert & away from Alzheimers' , Dementia or late -onset psychosis ----these are great brain-cercises !!

doin' these Glosas kepps the brain agile , alert & away from Alzheimers' , Dementia or late -onset psychosis ----these are great brain-cercises !!

Maybe you should try one. That's what the thread is for, after all. I think you can do it. :)

Maybe you should try one. That's what the thread is for, after all. I think you can do it. :)

Angie thnx for your faith in my abilities but right now tied up : have to goto St.Petersburg'n Moscow on a 4-day Biz trip . If you giv me a 4 line rhyme will come back'n try my level best , deal ?
have to confess whenever i hear the word Glosa it mischievously brings to mind Dosa which is a very tasty Tamil snack wildly popular all over here in India !?!

Angie thnx for your faith in my abilities but right now tied up : have to goto St.Petersburg'n Moscow on a 4-day Biz trip . If you giv me a 4 line rhyme will come back'n try my level best , deal ?
have to confess whenever i hear the word Glosa it mischievously brings to mind Dosa which is a very tasty Tamil snack wildly popular all over here in India !?!

I shall endeavor to find one for you, ok?

And Dosas are very popular in this house, too. I have even been known to grind our own garam masala for chicken tikka. So there! :D

Safe travels and come back ready to write.

:rose:

I shall endeavor to find one for you, ok?

And Dosas are very popular in this house, too. I have even been known to grind our own garam masala for chicken tikka. So there! :D

Safe travels and come back ready to write.

Thnx a ton , Angie & it's awesome to know you also like the taste of Garam Masala : Wow ! so will be awaitin' a simple 4-sentence verse 'coz am not very "verse"-atile !---A9

Thnx a ton , Angie & it's awesome to know you also like the taste of Garam Masala : Wow ! so will be awaitin' a simple 4-sentence verse 'coz am not very "verse"-atile !---A9

Ok and remember it does not need to rhyme. You really just need to weave the lines from the verse into your poem.

I make a fair amount of Indian food. It it one of the great culinary gifts to the world. I'd like to make bhel puri, but I have to go online to find koumura and sev. Can't get that around here.

And here is your verse. It's the last four lines from a poem by William Butler Yeats that I adore, called Among Schoolchildren.

O chestnut-tree, great-rooted blossomer,
Are you the leaf, the blossom or the bole?
O body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?

Take your time and have fun with it. :)

Sometimes, I think that's what ties me up more than anything else; finding a mote or letting a mote manage to find me.

It all harkens back to me needing to read more poetry, I suppose. But I am open to suggestions for poets to start with for potential motes to be used.

:cool:

Sometimes, I think that's what ties me up more than anything else; finding a mote or letting a mote manage to find me.

It all harkens back to me needing to read more poetry, I suppose. But I am open to suggestions for poets to start with for potential motes to be used.

I think you can't go wrong with Yeats, but I love him so I would think that. :eek: If you want to write an erotic poem, Kim Addonizio is a great poet to read for motes and just to read!

Another thing you can do (I've done it) is search quotes by poets on subjects that interest you. That can lead you to some wonderful poems.

Weird you should mention Tikka I've just had one (I love curry) for my Wedding Anniv meal ....... also a bit squiffy on the wine so better be careful what I post :)

Ok and remember it does not need to rhyme. You really just need to weave the lines from the verse into your poem.

I make a fair amount of Indian food. It it one of the great culinary gifts to the world. I'd like to make bhel puri, but I have to go online to find koumura and sev. Can't get that around here.

And here is your verse. It's the last four lines from a poem by William Butler Yeats that I adore, called Among Schoolchildren.

Take your time and have fun with it. :)[/QUOT
O chestnut-tree , great-rooted blossomer,
Gigantic , gnarled & huge
Thou dost spread out thy shady gossamer
For villagers to laze in the cool
Shadow of thy self

Are you the leaf , the blossom or the bole
Is a human being ----
The body , the mind or just the soul ?
Thou great philosopher , what thinkest thou ?
E'en as below thee , village dogs go 'Bow-wow '

O body swayed to music , brightenin' glance
Dost thou dream of the New World?
Or Italy , Greece , France ??!
Where dost thou wander in thy deep sleep ?

How can we know the dancer from the dance ? ---
As both effortlessly blend in
Like a cricketer's foward defensive stance
One is Sir Lancelot one with his lance .........

Weird you should mention Tikka I've just had one (I love curry) for my Wedding Anniv meal ....... also a bit squiffy on the wine so better be careful what I post :)

Sounds pretty good. EE is grilling chicken for us tonight. I've a night off. :)

Shadow of thy self

Is a human being ----

I thought you were busy? Well I think you were doing ok until those last few lines where it got a bit silly! Also you really don't need all that "dost" and "thou" and "thy" stuff. If you notice in the glosa I wrote I avoided using it in my own lines even though it was in the mote. But good on you for trying one. :)

I thought you were busy? Well I think you were doing ok until those last few lines where it got a bit silly! Also you really don't need all that "dost" and "thou" and "thy" stuff. If you notice in the glosa I wrote I avoided using it in my own lines even though it was in the mote. But good on you for trying one. :)

Thanx for commenting : i'm really not that good but when i saw it i wanted to get it over but instead of a tasty Masala dosa it turned out a simple Sada Dosa , sorry to have let you down , Angie --A9

Mote, Monsters by Remec

The pulses—in my hands, then my
fingers, carrying through to the throat
before me—how hard it all was,
how hard I was, even then, just
supine on leather, “talking” about it.
Doctors.

The pulses-in my hands, then my
thoughts rush back to reality,
put gloves on to stop the throbbing
lust for a throat to crush,

Walking slapping my palms on my sides,
to scratch an itch that needs be met,
even if it’s touching my own flesh,
gloves dampen the effect but not the need.

Must force these thoughts to the below
where my darkness resides and flows,
till we talk about what came
before me-how hard it all was,
then release shall be ours
where we stare with longing intent.

Fingers dance upon the tome of
the phone book, drum and seek a new
person, to speak about my fears with
the thought of skin texture titillated,
thrilled me to the tips of my articulated
digits.

So I find my next confidant,
With which I can discuss my
ideas and disgust at this aberration
inside my mind, living in my hands
hopefully I can find peace,

If no solace can be found,
I will let my hands free to feast,
To tickle, to trace, the oesophagus,
to find that place, where patients
can reveal their all, completely private
protected by the code of
Doctors.

Last edited:

Thanx for commenting : i'm really not that good but when i saw it i wanted to get it over but instead of a tasty Masala dosa it turned out a simple Sada Dosa , sorry to have let you down , Angie --A9

You didn't let me down. You just wrote a poem. I've seen you do things in poems that I know are not working, but I've also seen you write poetry that is more serious and then I recognize your talent. And the main person you really have to please when you write is you. All your poems are really for you, foremost, right?

Shadow of thy self

Is a human being ----

Good try especially if it's your first. From now on I will save you a seat in any future Teach-ins :)

Mote, Monsters by Remec

The pulses—in my hands, then my
before me—how hard it all was,
Doctors.

*The pulses-in my hands, then my*
thoughts rush back to reality,
put gloves on to stop the throbbing
lust for a throat to crush,

Walking slapping my palms on my sides,
*fingers, carrying through to the throat*
to scratch an itch that needs be met,
even if it’s touching my own flesh,
gloves dampen the effect but not the need.

Must force these thoughts to the below
where my darkness resides and flows,
till we talk about what came
*before me-how hard it all was,*
then release shall be ours
where we stare with longing intent.

Fingers dance upon the tome of
the phone book, drum and seek a new
person, to speak about my fears with
*how hard I was, even then, just*
the thought of skin texture titillated,
thrilled me to the tips of my articulated
digits.

So I find my next confidant,
With which I can discuss my
ideas and disgust at this aberration
inside my mind, living in my hands
hopefully I can find peace,
*supine on leather, “talking” about it.*

If no solace can be found,
I will let my hands free to feast,
To tickle, to trace, the oesophagus,
to find that place, where patients
can reveal their all, completely private
protected by the code of
*Doctors.*

Well done ........... one little niggle though, I know you put the asterisks to hi-light where the lines fell but I found them very off putting because the Glosa should read as an entirely new poem

Well done ........... one little niggle though, I know you put the asterisks to hi-light where the lines fell but I found them very off putting because the Glosa should read as an entirely new poem

I will remove them immediately! can't have you niggled too much we know where that leads ;)

You didn't let me down. You just wrote a poem. I've seen you do things in poems that I know are not working, but I've also seen you write poetry that is more serious and then I recognize your talent. And the main person you really have to please when you write is you. All your poems are really for you, foremost, right?

Thank you , Angie , you really encourage people -A9

I have no idea how Ashesh has buggered up everyone's quotes of quotes but it's like he's putting his words into your mouths! LOL. Add a second [/quote] and I think that will fix it up for you all.

<walking and muttering> "makin' me crazy, damned poets..."

I have no idea how Ashesh has buggered up everyone's quotes of quotes but it's like he's putting his words into your mouths! LOL. Add a second
and I think that will fix it up for you all.

<walking and muttering> "makin' me crazy, damned poets..."[/QUOTE]

I was really thanking myself. :D

mote
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

exerpt from
somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
by e. e. cummings

glossa
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals