Sunspot Baby, she sure had me way outguessed!

VinnyVeritas

Libertarian Sage
There’s a little black spot on the sun today…,
It’s the same old thing as yesterday…

The Sun has been very active lately, sending out scorching flares and frying communication systems back on Earth.

The latest one was recorded on Monday when an X-class solar flare disrupted radio and navigation signals across North America.

‘X-class’ solar flares are the largest, most disruptive of flares and this one, classified as an X1.5, likely disrupted high-frequency radio communications on the sunlit side of Earth.

According to the Met Office, the flare burst out of the largest and most active sunspot group currently visible on the Sun’s disk.

This was the 20th X flare of the current 11-year solar cycle, which is due to reach its peak next year.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/09/mass...gnals-back-on-earth-19303744/?ico=mosaic_home

Looks like we need to Science the shit out of this...

Morning Musings

Why am I experiencing April in August?

The house is open, the A/C hasn't been on for ten days or so...

Daily monsoon rains are the prevalent weather.

GlowBall Warning anyone?

We got typical August weather here. But you have to love a good solar flare. Kinda reminds a body how little control he has over much of anything.

We are told climate change is a crisis, and that there is an "overwhelming scientific consensus."

"It's a manufactured consensus," says climate scientist Judith Curry in my new video. She says scientists have an incentive to exaggerate risk to pursue "fame and fortune."

She knows about that because she once spread alarm about climate change.

Media loved her when she published a study that seemed to show a dramatic increase in hurricane intensity.

"Like a good scientist, I investigated," says Curry. She realized that the critics were right. "Part of it was bad data. Part of it is natural climate variability."

https://reason.com/2023/08/09/this-...change-alarmism-now-shes-trying-to-debunk-it/

Multiple triggers . . . .

1476630-nazisuperscience.jpg

The current solar cycle was predicted by most to be very much in line with the previous one. Doesn't look like humans are very good at predicting the future.

With the on going weakening of the earth's magnetic field we could be in for some surprises.

Air conditioning creates a magnetic field to draw more money outta my bank account to funds its greedy ways.

Science IS the new politics.
Rejection of science is Republican politics.

The science of sun spots isn't being rejected here.

Unless this is just another thread whining about climate change in disguise.

Oh.....right......

Look at all of the posters who love political arguments/outcomes more than they believe in Science. Unlike the protagonist in this alternative Passion Play, they never reexamine their beliefs, and not I’m not saying their independently researched Scientific findings and conclusions, even when they know they’ve made errors of fact. That’s what you call, “that old-time Religion (it’s good enough for thee).” Their pastors, er, uh, I mean cherry-picked experts of the cloth, er, uh, I mean, of the mortarboard.

All hail Gaia!

Is a weasel casserole recipe political???

It is when gummint tries to regulate it . . . .

You know they're monitoring social media.

busybody better watch out.
The IRS [insert alphabet here agency here] might send 50+ agents to "accidentally" Waco his ass over a

–––––> pointed political pickle post...

🥒

The history channel has a series about different ways the world can end. some are out there, like Alien invasion, colliding with another planet, but many-volcano, rising tides, earthquake-can happen

One of them is a solar flare strong enough to wipe out the internet which would cripple the world because at this point everything is run through it in one way or another. The last one of this size happened in the 1800's and knocked out some of the new telegraph poles used to transmit Morse code, so back then people barely noticed. The ultimate example of tech proving far deadlier than a simpler time.

BY the way if we had advance knowledge of this....here's what would happen

Republicans-Solar Flares don't exists, its a fascist attempt to scare you and take away your freedom.
Democrats, Solar Flares are a conspiracy and if they were real? They'd be racisssssstttttt

And we all die while 'leadership' squabbles like five year old kids.

Back