Stupid Question about Re-Submitting

nylonpunkie

Experienced
I've been looking for an answer here but cannot seem to find it so...

If you re-submit a story does it goes back to scratch and you lose all its reviews and comments?

Caveat: I know all the threads here say not to tweak and re-submit and just to move on, accepting its faults, but I'm thinking about it anyway.

Thanks,

Rachael

You can resubmit an edit of your story. Just use the New Story Function with the same title with "-EDIT" added on to it. If the title plus -EDIT is too long, make sure the last five characters are -EDIT and in the Notes section, put the whole title with an explanation that you're fixing typos or whatever in it. Then submit it. Lauren will know what you're doing and you'll keep your stats. The turn-around will be quite lengthy.

If you re-submit a story does it goes back to scratch and you lose all its reviews and comments?

Caveat: I know all the threads here say not to tweak and re-submit and just to move on, accepting its faults, but I'm thinking about it anyway.

Thanks,

Rachael
I would say that you don't have to avoid resubmitting entirely, but use it sparingly for something major, not one or two typos. There was one guy (I've already forgotten his name, he hasn't been here for a while) who claimed that he was at least temporarily banned from resubmitting because he did it so often.

I would say that you don't have to avoid resubmitting entirely, but use it sparingly for something major, not one or two typos. There was one guy (I've already forgotten his name, he hasn't been here for a while) who claimed that he was at least temporarily banned from resubmitting because he did it so often.
I’ve never had a problem resubmitting. And I’m anally-retentive [insert joke here] and do correct typos after the fact. Though normally only on stories I am very fond of.

Em

I have a resubmit pending right now. Overzealous feedback request I should not have made. Karma. At least I got to fix two grammar mistakes also. Hope it clears soon.

I’ve never had a problem resubmitting. And I’m anally-retentive [insert joke here] and do correct typos after the fact. Though normally only on stories I am very fond of.

Em
It was the late, unlamented Titian or whatever his name was. You must remember him. I have no idea how many times he resubmitted stories, but it must have been quite often. Or maybe he was just making it up as a form of self-dramatization. :unsure:

Thanks,

Rachael
If you EDIT a story, all comments, views and scores stay. If you DELETE a story, everything gets purged.

FAQ - Publishing

I had a story pulled by a bogus report and then put back, and all of the comments and ratings stayed, so I'm pretty sure they'll stay if you make a correction as well.

Back