Story told entirely in dialogue

nakedancer

Virgin
I've been looking for stories that are mostly dialogue because I want to play a game with friends where we act out different scenarios. (I think stage directions are ok!) Would love to see where that prompt might take you!

You may like this: https://www.literotica.com/s/oral-intercourse
I often have parts of stories go dialogue-intensive, but it's an interesting challenge.

You could have a prompt game where each person in turn - or selected by chance - turns over a card and then has to speak on the subject for thirty seconds. Added fun if they have to address their comments to another player selected by chance. Other players should murmur encouragement.

Could lead to amusing scenarios where two cis guys are enthusing about each other's pussies.

Too uncomfortable to do it? Penalty! Pick up a fetish card and talk about why you like it for thirty seconds...

Postcard Exercise

This was an exercise for my creative wring class about fifteen years ago. We had to pick out a postcard from a heap and write about it. My postcard was a derelict tower block surrounded by the rubble of demolished tower blocks. +It is all in dialogue except the last three words:

"We are here, Minister. This is the site for our urban regeneration project. As you can see it is all brownfield land.”

“I can see an old tower block. What else was here?”

“Several more of the same. That one will come down next week.”

“It doesn’t look too tall as tower blocks go. I’ve seen taller.”

“Yes, Minister, but we still couldn’t get reasonable tenants for any of them. We tried everything. We had action teams, special hit squads for litter and graffiti, extra police patrols, CCTV, hotlines to report anti-social behaviour, you name it, we had it. We poured money into the area but it got us nowhere.”

“What did the tenants say?”

“Most of them were young, Minister. Families with children. They complained that there was nowhere safe for the children to play, the schools and shops were over a mile away, there was no community spirit, that sort of thing.”

“But were their complaints justified?”

“We don’t think so, Minister.”

“You showed me the plans. They look very nice. Pleasant houses in quiet cul-de-sacs with open play areas. I didn’t see any shops or schools on the plans. Nor a church or a pub.”

“A pub? No, Minister, we couldn’t put a pub into this development. We had enough trouble with alcohol abuse on the old estate.”

“Shops? Schools?”

“Minister, we have to use the land as efficiently as possible. There are shops and schools on the main road. And a pub. The old estate didn’t have them. If we put them in our new development we would have to reduce the number of dwellings. We might damage the existing schools and shops.”

The Minister sighed.

30 September 2003 Postcard – Minister (282 words)

Last edited:
Back