Stolen Story?!

Tatiilover234

Bookworm
Last edited:
It's possible the author is already aware, but either way there may be little that can be done. Have you tried using the 'contact author' option in their profile? Even if he's not been active there's a possibility he'll still get the mail.

It's possible the original author is reposting elsewhere, even under a different name. I do that.

Just a few weeks ago, I was perusing stories on Amazon, and sometimes will read a sample just to see where it is going. I pulled up a sample and immediately recognized not only the plot but the names, as I had saved that story as a favorite years ago on Lit. So I bought and downloaded it, and it was word for word the same story, published eleven years later on Amazon. They are not the same author, as their genres are not in the least compatible. The Lit author has not been active on the site for ten years and did not respond to my DM.

Speaking of stolen stories and related, I have been in discussions with a very prolific Amazon author in the "First time Cuckold" genre. (I have bought and downloaded a number of her works, primarily for her opening plot lines, which are awesome.) I would like to take some of those opening plot lines and take them in a Stag/Vixen direction as opposed to a cuckold direction. They are ripe for such a treatment. Her concern? Protection of her intellectual property. The question and the current discussion is how much I can take of her opening plot line without infringing on those. I think it is going to come down to me referencing and linking to her original stories in my intro, as I will be glad to do, as she was the inspiration. I am excited. She would like to see an adaptation of one one of her works before she gives me the Ok.

I don't think plot lines or plot points are copyrightable. As long as the stories aren't the same it isn't infringement. But if you are actually adapting her stories into your stories that's different.

Just a few weeks ago, I was perusing stories on Amazon, and sometimes will read a sample just to see where it is going. I pulled up a sample and immediately recognized not only the plot but the names, as I had saved that story as a favorite years ago on Lit. So I bought and downloaded it, and it was word for word the same story, published eleven years later on Amazon. They are not the same author, as their genres are not in the least compatible. The Lit author has not been active on the site for ten years and did not respond to my DM.

Speaking of stolen stories and related, I have been in discussions with a very prolific Amazon author in the "First time Cuckold" genre. (I have bought and downloaded a number of her works, primarily for her opening plot lines, which are awesome.) I would like to take some of those opening plot lines and take them in a Stag/Vixen direction as opposed to a cuckold direction. They are ripe for such a treatment. Her concern? Protection of her intellectual property. The question and the current discussion is how much I can take of her opening plot line without infringing on those. I think it is going to come down to me referencing and linking to her original stories in my intro, as I will be glad to do, as she was the inspiration. I am excited. She would like to see an adaptation of one one of her works before she gives me the Ok.
What do you mean by 'opening plot line'? Not heard that expression before.

ChatGPT gives me this:

'An opening plot line is the beginning of a story that sets the tone and introduces the reader to the characters and setting. It is the first impression that a reader gets of a story and can be used to hook the reader in and make them want to read more. The opening plot line can be a sentence, a paragraph, or even a page long, but it should always be engaging and interesting. The structure of a story’s plot is the way in which its different elements are unified, including in a particularly chosen order and often specifically referring to the ordering of the plot: the narrative series of events 1

ChatGPT gives me this:

'An opening plot line is the beginning of a story that sets the tone and introduces the reader to the characters and setting. It is the first impression that a reader gets of a story and can be used to hook the reader in and make them want to read more. The opening plot line can be a sentence, a paragraph, or even a page long, but it should always be engaging and interesting. The structure of a story’s plot is the way in which its different elements are unified, including in a particularly chosen order and often specifically referring to the ordering of the plot: the narrative series of events 1
Wow, how engaging. :kiss:

ChatGPT gives me this:

The author is a damned good writer. The she has a hook. Husband has his wife pretend to be a friend's girlfriend/wife for a special event because the friend needs to attend an event and needs a girlfriend or wife for some purpose, or friend is feeling down because of a breakup, etc, and the husband kind of orchestrates it, maybe in advance with the friend, and then shit happens, as it always does, and hubby is good with it. That is ripe for a husband and hotwife seeing the opportunity for her to get some strange and at the same time helping a friend who is clueless as to the game.

Last edited:
Back