son of the isolated blurts thread!

So apparently sometime last year, a teacher at my kids' high school told a student, in reference to my oldest daughter, "Just ignore [daughter]. She has Down Syndrome." She actually has autism. Why is a teacher divulging this info to a student in the first place?

OK - that is all kind of fucked up - stressed teacher impatiently shooing a kid away. Did the teacher actually say those words? You make an official complaint and it becomes teacher's word against student word so you are powerless. Talk directly to that teacher "I have just been made aware that last year you... I am exceedingly saddened that someone in your position would do that... I will be asking other parents if they are aware of this or of similar statements coming from you." - stare hard then walk away. They will be left nervous and unlikely to ever make that mistake again.

OK - that is all kind of fucked up - stressed teacher impatiently shooing a kid away. Did the teacher actually say those words? You make an official complaint and it becomes teacher's word against student word so you are powerless. Talk directly to that teacher "I have just been made aware that last year you... I am exceedingly saddened that someone in your position would do that... I will be asking other parents if they are aware of this or of similar statements coming from you." - stare hard then walk away. They will be left nervous and unlikely to ever make that mistake again.
I have no way of finding out which teacher actually said it--a classmates told my daughter's caseworker and was not willing to tell her who the teacher was. I have my suspicions. I have to email the principal soon, so I'm going to mention what I heard, say that I don't know for certain if it's true, but mention that perhaps he should remind the teachers about what types of info they should be divulging to students.

My dad was just taken to the ER. He's conscious but unresponsive, with shortness of breath and chest pains. My mom told me to stay put until we know what's happening, but I have to go to work, and my husband is working over, so I have to do some carpooling stuff that is normally his job. Plus, I forgot to take out the trash because my husband usually does that when he gets home on Wednesday mornings.

I've been up less than an hour, and I want to hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE on this day.

My dad was just taken to the ER. He's conscious but unresponsive, with shortness of breath and chest pains. My mom told me to stay put until we know what's happening, but I have to go to work, and my husband is working over, so I have to do some carpooling stuff that is normally his job. Plus, I forgot to take out the trash because my husband usually does that when he gets home on Wednesday mornings.

Aw, no :-( Fingers crossed for your family.

Sending positive energy your way, Eilan. :rose:

My dad was just taken to the ER. He's conscious but unresponsive, with shortness of breath and chest pains. … I've been up less than an hour, and I want to hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE on this day.

I'm sincerely sorry. I hope things go well.

:(

Is he okay? So sorry to hear it.
ER doc told my mom he wasn't gonna make it. He wasn't stable enough to transfer to a bigger hospital, so he had stents put in at our local hospital. I left at 6:00 and he hadn't woken up yet, though he's been trying to pull out his catheter.

95% blockage on one side, 70% on the other. Only dealt with the one causing the problem today. If my mom hadn't heard him gasping for breath over her fan, he'd have died at home.

ER doc told my mom he wasn't gonna make it. He wasn't stable enough to transfer to a bigger hospital, so he had stents put in at our local hospital. I left at 6:00 and he hadn't woken up yet, though he's been trying to pull out his catheter.

95% blockage on one side, 70% on the other. Only dealt with the one causing the problem today. If my mom hadn't heard him gasping for breath over her fan, he'd have died at home.
I'm very sorry to hear this Eilan. Sending positive thoughts to you all.:rose:

Wishing your father all the best, Eilan. Allow and nourish yourself with the love around you, from family and friends. From the Eilan I have witnessed here I know you have the strength to support, guide and assist your family during these times.

Sending well wishes of recovery, strength, and some good thoughts to you and yours Eilan.

My condolences to you and your family, Eilan. Shall keep you all in my thoughts.

Back