Something in the water

LiverpoolMaster

Really Really Experienced
This is an old idea of mine dug up to see whether there is anything new under the sun by way of ideas.

The water supply to a rural village is deliberately contaminated with a cocktail of 'interesting', cumulative-acting drugs in the week leading up to a holiday weekend.

I have it in mind to write a series of short chapters/scenes from fly-on-wall perspective in different homes/establishments in the village over that weekend. Basically the residents are fine .... but for a pronounced relaxation of normal sexual/taboo mores.

Any possibilities for these scenes very welcome. Either here or by PM.

The water in France always tastes peculiar.

You could have exciting scenes happening at the village doctors' or dentists' surgery. We could speculate that the whole thing is kicked off by the family fun night on Friday evening at the village pub becoming a lot more fun than hitherto.

I read an illustrated novel called something like that, Something in the Water. Aliens put nano tech in a small town's water supply that mainly caused young men and mature women (my favorite combination) to become uncontrollably horny for each other. There was actually some nuance to the various storylines.

As someone who lives in a rural village I can assure you no such contamination is necessary. Nothing on the TV is adequate motivation to bang a neighbour or two.

It's a good idea and similar ideas have been brought up before. Then, as now, the first thing that pops up in my mind is where are/what happens to the children in this situation? So some creative logistics have to happen first, to limit who is exposed.

So maybe it happens on a college campus. The college is promised a huge (HUGE) donation from XYZ pharma if the college agrees to let them test a new water additive. An improved version of the fluoride that we already use. The company shows the college some "it's completely safe" data and the college signs off, with the senior faculty off to deposit their bonus checks.

The thing is, the additive IS completely safe. Until it's tampered with by nefarious persons. It gives the water this amazing taste. Because of that, it's not long before it spreads outside the campus, albeit on a limited scale. "Here Mom, try this."

After that, it is just like the OP explained. A cumulative effect, with the college cafeteria being ground zero. At first, libidos are increased and in the first week or so, there is a marked increase in general naughtiness. Then it just escalates. Until no one is shocked when the librarian is happily dogged by the rugby team and no one is shushing anyone. The girl's volleyball coach is buried under young nubile bodies in the locker room.

This could extend back to homes, and the taboo stuff could occur. Along with a general loosening of sexual inhibitions. A happily monogamous couple both work on campus and the wife doesn't bat an eye when she walks into her house to find her husband balls-deep in the babysitter on the sofa. Especially since a fresh load of cum is dripping into her panties from the young student she is tutoring in advanced math.

It's a very sexy idea and worth doing, in my opinion. However, I'd have the research team running the experiment realize that the material has been tampered with and put a stop to it. All in all the situation happened over three weeks and there is, of course, an incredible baby boom nine months later.

This is an old idea of mine dug up to see whether there is anything new under the sun by way of ideas.

The water supply to a rural village is deliberately contaminated with a cocktail of 'interesting', cumulative-acting drugs in the week leading up to a holiday weekend.

I have it in mind to write a series of short chapters/scenes from fly-on-wall perspective in different homes/establishments in the village over that weekend. Basically the residents are fine .... but for a pronounced relaxation of normal sexual/taboo mores.

I'd be interested in knowing who the plotter(s) is and what part they take in the proceedings. That itself could lead to interesting goings-on. The whole idea generally ticks lots of boxes for me.

Its the vicar who suspects that his parishioners are more than just neighbours . They are neighbours with benefits. He mixes up the ..err.. potion and puts in the village water supply .
At the holiday weekend, he notes down all the shenanigans that happen over the weekend (by spying on the villagers) and on Sunday morning in church , his sermon is all about who got it on with whom ..exposing secrets and this causes mayhem..

It's a good idea and similar ideas have been brought up before. Then, as now, the first thing that pops up in my mind is where are/what happens to the children in this situation? So some creative logistics have to happen first, to limit who is exposed.

Right. That hadn't crossed my mind, I admit.

I tend to think that they would be the ones least 'exposed', in any event, added to which the chemical agent (it could be explained) only kicks in with people at puberty +. Nevertheless, a tricky one, I grant.

Its the vicar who suspects that his parishioners are more than just neighbours . They are neighbours with benefits. He mixes up the ..err.. potion and puts in the village water supply .
At the holiday weekend, he notes down all the shenanigans that happen over the weekend (by spying on the villagers) and on Sunday morning in church , his sermon is all about who got it on with whom ..exposing secrets and this causes mayhem..

I like this. The vicar fights moral turpitude with... more of it. Presumably the object is to cast shame..?

I imagine I might feel more than a bit tempted to have him dose himself inadvertently with the stuff! Hijinks in the vestry...

As someone who lives in a rural village I can assure you no such contamination is necessary. Nothing on the TV is adequate motivation to bang a neighbour or two.
My wife and I grew up in a town of ~600 people. The running joke was, it seemed that almost everyone was related in some way. My wife had a cousin who was adopted by someone in her family. The 'story' behind her birth was my uncle Johnny, newly returned from serving in the Navy, had fathered her to some lady of questionable morals. Johnny's reputation didn't take any hits it seemed.

You could inject a note of irony or humour by having a high church delegation visiting the parish that weekend to see how observant of the commandments the locals are. Perhaps they get roped in.

That's my entry for the April fools contest...

Right. That hadn't crossed my mind, I admit.

I tend to think that they would be the ones least 'exposed', in any event, added to which the chemical agent (it could be explained) only kicks in with people at puberty +. Nevertheless, a tricky one, I grant.
Yeah that is tricky because even then it's puberty plus 5 or 6 years. So even if everyone in the story is 18+, you need reasons why a portion of the population isn't affected by what's happening to everyone.

But to address that, just say that the small town used to be bigger, but most of the younger people moved off to the big cities. Mention how the school had to close because of the lack of students, and what remaining families had to move away because of it. Now you have an older population and maybe some younger people looking to get away from city life. So you have some mid 20's people moving to this sleepy village with a dwindling population. The town welcomes the new transplants and decides to have a big festival to celebrate the new influx of people. It is leading up to this that the isolated towns water source gets contaminated with the drug, or substance, that relaxes inhibitions. I would also have the "drug" make everyone fine with what is happening to themselves and the people around them. I.e. a neighbor comes over and just starts groping man's wife, or husband, and it seems completely normal.

You could inject a note of irony or humour by having a high church delegation visiting the parish that weekend to see how observant of the commandments the locals are. Perhaps they get roped in.

That's my entry for the April fools contest...

And a good one!

I'd be interested in knowing who the plotter(s) is and what part they take in the proceedings. That itself could lead to interesting goings-on. The whole idea generally ticks lots of boxes for me.

Could be a fizzy drinks company which wants people to associate imbibing their product with relaxation, fun and good times. Doing a bit of clandestine "research". They haven't yet discovered that it has this loosening-of-the-inhibitions side effect. Alcohol on steroids.

Yeah that is tricky because even then it's puberty plus 5 or 6 years. So even if everyone in the story is 18+, you need reasons why a portion of the population isn't affected by what's happening to everyone.

But to address that, just say that the small town used to be bigger, but most of the younger people moved off to the big cities. Mention how the school had to close because of the lack of students, and what remaining families had to move away because of it. Now you have an older population and maybe some younger people looking to get away from city life. So you have some mid 20's people moving to this sleepy village with a dwindling population. The town welcomes the new transplants and decides to have a big festival to celebrate the new influx of people. It is leading up to this that the isolated towns water source gets contaminated with the drug, or substance, that relaxes inhibitions. I would also have the "drug" make everyone fine with what is happening to themselves and the people around them. I.e. a neighbor comes over and just starts groping man's wife, or husband, and it seems completely normal.
Except for the drugs in the water scenario, this sounds a lot like our home-town. And it actually has its own water supply, yet.

This appeals to my general love of something "organised" and involving multiple participants. To me, this type of story has an inherent extra hook already baked in compared with your standard one male-one female tale, other matters being equal.

I love this idea! Looking forward to whatever you write

As would I. Can I suggest that you have some big event happening on this particular weekend - village barn dance which everyone attends or something similar - at which there's an orgiastic scene where everything finally spills over and every last inhibition is lost?

Possibly not forgetting to describe the aftermath on subsequent days when the stuff finally wears off but everyone has a nice, clear memory of what happened.

As would I. Can I suggest that you have some big event happening on this particular weekend - village barn dance which everyone attends or something similar - at which there's an orgiastic scene where everything finally spills over and every last inhibition is lost?

Possibly not forgetting to describe the aftermath on subsequent days when the stuff finally wears off but everyone has a nice, clear memory of what happened.

Plenty of scope for sequels or further "chapters" there. People squirming about what they remember and yet... and yet...

I'm a short story fiend and wouldn't be thinking of anything 'extended'.

Thanks to people for their thoughts both on here and via PM.

My take on this would be a conference about upholding christian sexual morale and abstinence. Some activists put the chemical in the water. As the preacher being late does not drink ist. As tells them to be abstinent and not give in to evil sexual tempting, the audience gets raunchy and begins an orgy. Ultimately nude horny women jump on his stage and tear his clothes off.

Back