So what did you eat tonight?

Barbecue Country-style Pork ribs with egg noodles cooked into the carmelized sauce with cucumbers. Very yummy

B brought home Chinese take out. not really what I wanted, but I didn't have to cook so it worked.

B brought home Chinese take out. not really what I wanted, but I didn't have to cook so it worked.

I love Chinese to the point I have to have buffet because there are so many different things I want, and take out just misses too many things or would cost a fortune! And not a good Chinese fortune either!

I love Chinese to the point I have to have buffet because there are so many different things I want, and take out just misses too many things or would cost a fortune! And not a good Chinese fortune either!

oh! I forgot to open the cookie... hold on a sec...

man. I never get a good one like "You will soon find treasure... You will live a long and prosperous life..." etc.

<pouting> it says, "The worst bankrupcy in the world is the person who has lost his enthusiasm."

whatever. I don't think that applies to me... I can be very enthusiastic. ;)

ETA: I forgot to say my lucky numbers are: 1, 20, 22, 35, 47, & 50. with my luck, it was probably the winning lotto for tonight and I didn't play. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
oh! I forgot to open the cookie... hold on a sec...

man. I never get a good one like "You will soon find treasure... You will live a long and prosperous life..." etc.

<pouting> it says, "The worst bankrupcy in the world is the person who has lost his enthusiasm."

whatever. I don't think that applies to me... I can be very enthusiastic. ;)

when we eat Chinese, slave_ and I always pop (slave_ loudly! and she also LOVES to shoot her straw wrapper at me (and she's a damn good shot while mine always fizzle)) the fortune's open and yep groan at the lameness of most of them.

And I agree with that criteria you have no worries about ever going bankrupt!

Baked salmon, boiled redskin potatoes, steamed asparagus and crescent rolls; washed down with an impertinent Pinot Noir.

when we eat Chinese, slave_ and I always pop (slave_ loudly! and she also LOVES to shoot her straw wrapper at me (and she's a damn good shot while mine always fizzle)) the fortune's open and yep groan at the lameness of most of them.

And I agree with that criteria you have no worries about ever going bankrupt!

well... here is a tip: when I shoot my straw papers at B, I twist the end of it a little bit to hold in the air and it flies further... don't tell the main squeeze I told you that though. ;)

thank you, :) :kiss:

Baked salmon, boiled redskin potatoes, steamed asparagus and crescent rolls; washed down with an impertinent Pinot Noir.

oh my, that sounds really good!

BBQ chicken wings, risotto in portabella sauce, roasted green beans with olive oil and lemon, a side of juicy grapes and crusty rolls.

I was going to make carne asada, grilled onions, frijoles al charro and a Caesar Salad but when I looked at the clock it was almost 5:30. I was already hungry and didn't want to wait so we went out for Mexican, instead.

My friend made yellow beets, rice and shrimp with a nice sauce, very nice eats!

Basmati rice, chicken breast, and collard greens with marinated tofu. The wonders you can do with a block of tofu.

Fish 'n' Chips, for the first time in ages. I could almost taste the peas, too. . . .

Minestrone soup ( from a can admittedly) and slave_ made a delicious homemade tuna macaroni salad with naval and mandarin oranges for dessert

Chinese Buffet with my sweetheart. Great food and even better company :heart:

HM was at a conference all day and then the 'check engine' light came on as she drove home. Fortunately, tonight's dinner can simmer quietly: pork chops smothered in mushroom/sour cream gravy, baked yam, nuked peas and, if she's interested, fried apples with whipped cream.

Filet mignon, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, tossed green salad and buttermilk biscuits; washed down with a sprightly Riesling. :D

stir fry that I made with beef, napa, garlic and french green beans on jasmine rice and an apple! I used soy sauce, apricot jam, rice vinegar, and corn starch for the sauce. It was quite tasty. Also a bit of butter.

Back