So how do you US folks feel about the right wanting to put you in concentration camps?

Christians are the worst advertisements for Christianity. I have never met one who wasn’t a sanctimonious hypocrite. If Jesus came back to earth, these fucking scum would crucify him again!
Those fucking scum should be tolerant like you!

When a 3rd of Republicans believe that the election was stolen, I think that the politics of hate is no longer just the fringe.
What percentage of Democrats do you think believe that the 2016 election was stolen? (Hint: it's more than a third.)

Ah, nice satire... and a fair point. I do find that some self-professed Christians hold a lot of social beliefs contrary to the New Testament, and specifically to the teachings attributed to Jesus. However, lumping them all together and saying all Christians are like the hypocritical ones is a problem.

What percentage of Democrats do you think believe that the 2016 election was stolen? (Hint: it's more than a third.)
Many polls show the number is a little more than 2/3s of self-reported republicans believe the 2020 election was stolen. If accurate, that is a disheartening number.

I have not seen a recent poll about 2016, but I think it was about 1/3 of self-reported democrats had doubts about the legitimacy of the 2016 election. Still, 1/3 of democrats is a little less than 1/9 of the adult population. 2/3s of republicans is a little less than 1/5 of the adult population. That a significantly higher percentage overall who have some belief the 2020 election was illegitimate. It does show it is less a fringe belief than the 2016 belief among Democrats.

It didn't help that Clinton talked about it every day and held a rally a few times a month to lie about how it was stolen. Had she just shut the hell up and accepted the defeat after a few weeks of bitching, we'd have all been better off.

Many polls show the number is a little more than 2/3s of self-reported republicans believe the 2020 election was stolen. If accurate, that is a disheartening number.

I have not seen a recent poll about 2016, but I think it was about 1/3 of self-reported democrats had doubts about the legitimacy of the 2016 election. Still, 1/3 of democrats is a little less than 1/9 of the adult population. 2/3s of republicans is a little less than 1/5 of the adult population. That a significantly higher percentage overall who have some belief the 2020 election was illegitimate. It does show it is less a fringe belief than the 2016 belief among Democrats.
I still want to believe (hope) that most Repubicans haven't completly consumed the Trump Kool-Aid and that it's still a really vocal minority. But then I see Liz Cheney get destroyed in a primary by a bat shit lunatic, and I get concerned.

Huh
It didn't help that Clinton talked about it every day and held a rally a few times a month to lie about how it was stolen. Had she just shut the hell up and accepted the defeat after a few weeks of bitching, we'd have all been better off.
? How better off?

In December 2016, over half of Democrats polled said it was 'definitely' or 'probably' true that Russia tampered with vote tallies to get Trump elected. Jump down to page 62 of this for the numbers breakdown: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ljv2ohxmzj/econTabReport.pdf
Yep, you're right. I forgot it was that many. Still a little less than the current polls for republicans and 2020 but not that dissimilar. However, I think it was a lot lower for the 2016 election more than year and half after the election. The 2020 stuff seems to have more staying power among those who believe.

No, I am not tolerant and I don’t claim to be some love thy neighbor asshole who then turns around and screws everybody. My family and I are progressives but we are armed to the teeth and ready for civil war. Bring it on you fucking white trash scum!

1baOiSb.png

More Jeesus feels

https://www.insider.com/christian-school-parents-gay-students-must-leave-immediately-2022-8

No, I am not tolerant and I don’t claim to be some love thy neighbor asshole who then turns around and screws everybody. My family and I are progressives but we are armed to the teeth and ready for civil war. Bring it on you fucking white trash scum!
Yeah, your neighbors sound pretty dangerous.

I am an older straight white male, which supposedly makes me automatically an enemy of the LGTBQ community. Sorry nothing could be farther from ther truth. I'm pretty open to different lifestyles, ethnicities, political beliefs, religious beliefs, and so on. In fact its really simple to me, if you are a good person I don't care a single other thing about you, if you are a bad person I also don't care a single other thing about you. Let's face facts, in every group there are people that make that particular group look bad, and in our instant news driven society only the bad news, or the politically expedient news, makes it to broadcast.

If you don't like the US you are certainly free to leave. There are hundreds of other countries that may accept your immigration.

I am an older straight white male, which supposedly makes me automatically an enemy of the LGTBQ community. Sorry nothing could be farther from ther truth. I'm pretty open to different lifestyles, ethnicities, political beliefs, religious beliefs, and so on. In fact its really simple to me, if you are a good person I don't care a single other thing about you, if you are a bad person I also don't care a single other thing about you. Let's face facts, in every group there are people that make that particular group look bad, and in our instant news driven society only the bad news, or the politically expedient news, makes it to broadcast.

If you don't like the US you are certainly free to leave. There are hundreds of other countries that may accept your immigration.
My Translation of the quoted post:

I'm bitter and afraid because my identity no longer protects me. I judge other people on whether they are good or bad based on my own criteria, and you all being LGBTQ is not enough by itself to to make you bad in my book... but I'm watching you. I'm concerned because you focus on news stories that are scary to you but not to me, showing you are not like me.

Oh, and get the fuck out of my country if you disagree. The land of the free has no place for people who want to be free to be themselves in a way in which I do not approve, especially when they have the audacity to stand up for themselves.

----------
To the poster:

Maybe I am being harsh. Maybe you did not intend to come across that way. But you did. Perhaps you would feel less enmity, real or imagined, from others if you tried some empathy and and actual kindness. Just a thought.

My Translation of the quoted post:

I'm bitter and afraid because my identity no longer protects me. I judge other people on whether they are good or bad based on my own criteria, and you all being LGBTQ is not enough by itself to to make you bad in my book... but I'm watching you. I'm concerned because you focus on news stories that are scary to you but not to me, showing you are not like me.

Oh, and get the fuck out of my country if you disagree. The land of the free has no place for people who want to be free to be themselves in a way in which I do not approve, especially when they have the audacity to stand up for themselves.

----------
To the poster:

Maybe I am being harsh. Maybe you did not intend to come across that way. But you did. Perhaps you would feel less enmity, real or imagined, from others if you tried some empathy and and actual kindness. Just a thought.
Thank you for proving my point exactly. I posted a straight forward comment that you chose to spin to meet your agenda. No where did I say any of the absolutely hate filked nonsense you spewed.

Further my comment about leaving was a directc esponse to a poster here thst said they were going to leave the US.

Thank you for proving my point exactly. I posted a straight forward comment that you chose to spin to meet your agenda. No where did I say any of the absolutely hate filked nonsense you spewed.

Further my comment about leaving was a directc esponse to a poster here thst said they were going to leave the US.
No, thank you. Your response was exactly as expected, although I had hoped for different. An empathic person would wonder why he might have come across that way. You do not.

No, thank you. Your response was exactly as expected, although I had hoped for different. An empathic person would wonder why he might have come across that way. You do not.
And someone looking to always be offended took my strsight forward message and twisted it. I was immediately dismissed by my opening comment that I am an older, white, straight male. It didn't matter what I said after that. You put me in your I hate him box and that's all there is to it.

Do me and yourself a favor and move on because I don't have time for hate motivated people like you.

And someone looking to always be offended took my strsight forward message and twisted it. I was immediately dismissed by my opening comment that I am an older, white, straight male. It didn't matter what I said after that. You put me in your I hate him box and that's all there is to it.

Do me and yourself a favor and move on because I don't have time for hate motivated people like you.
Translation:

A woman disagreed with me and was not cowed by my post. She exposed my fragility, and now I must protect myself by trying to impose restrictions on the conversation because I don't want my identity to be damaged further. But I can't admit that, so I'll resort to bluster.
------
Dude, I didn't call you on your passive-aggreasive bullshit because you are a straight, white male (my Husband is one, and I adore him... of course, his similarity to you probably ends there). I called you on it because you don't see that what you think is a straightforward, and by implication innocuous, comment comes across as passive-aggrsssive bullshit.

Oh, and I'm not moving on just because you want me to. Your time management issues are not my problem. 💋

Translation:

A woman disagreed with me and was not cowed by my post. She exposed my fragility, and now I must protect myself by trying to impose restrictions on the conversation because I don't want my identity to be damaged further. But I can't admit that, so I'll resort to bluster.
------
Dude, I didn't call you on your passive-aggreasive bullshit because you are a straight, white male (my Husband is one, and I adore him... of course, his similarity to you probably ends there). I called you on it because you don't see that what you think is a straightforward, and by implication innocuous, comment comes across as passive-aggrsssive bullshit.

Oh, and I'm not moving on just because you want me to. Your time management issues are not my problem. 💋
Yeah, yeah, and this is why you turn so many people off to your lifestyle. I made an honest post saying I don't care how you live as long as you are a good person. But somehow that offended you. So please do continue being an asshole, whiney bitch because you are definitely good at it.

Keep posting because you look more ludicrous every time you do. Not a single other person has stepped forward to support your hatred.

Honestly I am just sitting here laughing at you. You are hysterical.

Yeah, yeah, and this is why you turn so many people off to your lifestyle. I made an honest post saying I don't care how you live as long as you are a good person. But somehow that offended you. So please do continue being an asshole, whiney bitch because you are definitely good at it.

Keep posting because you look more ludicrous every time you do. Not a single other person has stepped forward to support your hatred.

Honestly I am just sitting here laughing at you. You are hysterical.
You keep referencing my hatred. Who exactly do I hate? What exactly do I hate? Also, you reference a lifestyle. What exactly is my lifestyle? I'm a white, married woman. I am bisexual, but I am married to a man. Is that the lifestyle to which you refer?

I don't hate anyone. I am perhaps drama at times, and heaven knows I can be a pain in the ass brat when my anxiety is in full swing, but I disagree that I am whining. In fact, I would say that the whining so far has been from another source. As for being a bitch, sure, why not? Isn't that what men call women who don't behave the way that is expected of them?

It's interesting -- when I'm talking about how much of a slut I was before getting married, or about when I was a prostitute, or what my sex life with my husband is like (and with my girlfriend -- is that the lifestyle thing you mentioned?), no one else here calls me a bitch. 😉 Perhaps all the people chiming in to support you could explain why I am a bitch in this context. Hmmm....

By the way, how are you on time? You must have found some, as you seem to want to keep going. Wouldn't it be better for your mental health to move along? 💋

You keep referencing my hatred. Who exactly do I hate? What exactly do I hate? Also, you reference a lifestyle. What exactly is my lifestyle? I'm a white, married woman. I am bisexual, but I am married to a man. Is that the lifestyle to which you refer?

I don't hate anyone. I am perhaps drama at times, and heaven knows I can be a pain in the ass brat when my anxiety is in full swing, but I disagree that I am whining. In fact, I would say that the whining so far has been from another source. As for being a bitch, sure, why not? Isn't that what men call women who don't behave the way that is expected of them?

It's interesting -- when I'm talking about how much of a slut I was before getting married, or about when I was a prostitute, or what my sex life with my husband is like (and with my girlfriend -- is that the lifestyle thing you mentioned?), no one else here calls me a bitch. 😉 Perhaps all the people chiming in to support you could explain why I am a bitch in this context. Hmmm....

By the way, how are you on time? You must have found some, as you seem to want to keep going. Wouldn't it be better for your mental health to move along? 💋
Actually, there was a person I once hated. It was the predator that abused me when I was young. But I realized later in life that hatred only hurts the person who feels the hatred. I may disagree with people, and I may dislike some people and their points of view, but I don't hate. I know what true hatred feels like and how deleterious it is to those who feel it.

As for exposing passive-aggressive misogyny... sure, I'll do that. But I don't hate the purveyors of such. I think contempt mixed with pity are the emotions you are perceiving. And I will admit to those. 😉

Back