Seeking Avatar Creators

jaF0

Watcher
Admin may be taking a harder line on Avatars scarfed from the web (like my Eagle). This may be a large part of why it takes so long for new ones to be approved. Like most people, my 'art' is pathetic. I just created a very basic one in Paint but it may still take some time to be approved.

If you're willing to take on the task and offer to create avatars for use on Lit, feel free to say so here. Once we get a list of willing artists or graphics designers, we'll go from there.

I can make some time available for avatars, depending how intricate and time consuming it gets. You can also use photo sharing sites that let you use images for only personal use.

Admin may be taking a harder line on Avatars scarfed from the web (like my Eagle). This may be a large part of why it takes so long for new ones to be approved. Like most people, my 'art' is pathetic. I just created a very basic one in Paint but it may still take some time to be approved.

If you're willing to take on the task and offer to create avatars for use on Lit, feel free to say so here. Once we get a list of willing artists or graphics designers, we'll go from there.
Would be a pleasure to make some avatars.

The bottom line is this from the image rules:

"Please do not upload to our servers (as an attachment or user icon/profile image) any photographic images that​
  1. contain genital closeups or explicit sex; or
  2. do not belong to you (art/photos that you did not create yourself)."

And yes, that includes Avatars. You may have noticed the long wait for new ones to be approved.

Some have been deleted by Admin, but generally only the graphic ones so far. I don't know if there have been any DMCA takedowns or not. Inference is that Admin may be getting tired of the time it takes to do these tasks.

I have tried to get a simple flower photo I took from my own garden submitted as my avatar. Every time the photo just goes “down the hatch” (I select it, submit it and it disappears) and I never get a message that’s it’s been submitted for review. I tried this repeatedly over the first several weeks after I became a member but have now given up. It’s so easy, in my opinion, to come up with an avatar….just take a photo of something that is not a sex organ! The challenge is getting it to show up!

Would you like me to find or make a LIt avatar for you ? It will be original. What would you prefer as an avatar ?

Would you like me to find or make a LIt avatar for you ? It will be original. What would you prefer as an avatar ?
Thank you very much for this generous offer! I think first I’m going to try to submit again my flower photo as my avatar. I know a bit more now about getting images accepted than I did a while ago.

There seems to be a HUGE delay in getting them to appear. I changed my over a month ago and nothing has happened.

There seems to be a HUGE delay in getting them to appear. I changed my over a month ago and nothing has happened.
Ok, I just tried getting my flower photo to “stick.” I’d click save and away it would disappear, just like before. I started trying to get that photo accepted back in Aug when I joined this site. Thanks for letting me know.

Back