Roleplay on Yahoo! messenger

goddess01

Experienced
Roleplay on Yahoo! messenger: Currently seeking new partners

Dear all,

I'm posting this here rather in the "Seeking" thread as it relates to roleplay via Yahoo! messenger, so would possibly be somewhat out of place there.

I am looking for an intelligent, articulate and creative girl or guy who is open to the idea of roleplaying via instant messenger and is based in the United Kingdom. I apologise in advance for not responding to approaches from those who do not fit these criteria, but you have been warned :)

My idea, which is of course not set in stone and open for discussion, is romantic in nature and present day in setting. The story follows the development of a relationship between a pair of 20-something Londoners: he, a white English male, and her, a British Indian female. I am particularly interested in exploring how cultural differences will shape the course of their relationship and how they will overcome the challenges it brings. I envisage a fairly strict upbringing has limited our heroine's exposure to the opposite sex and will continue to pose problems as she finds herself interested in, or the subject of interest from, our male lead. I find cultural issues in modern day society particularly fascinating, and what better place to explore these issues than a diverse and high-paced a city such as London.

With regard to "themes" in a very general sense, I would expect given the nature of this play that we would not encounter anything particularly risque, and that sex would not play as prominent a role as with some stories, particularly in the early stages. For me, the interest and excitement lies in the development of the characters and their relationship. Hence, I am keen to make contact with someone who is demonstrably capable of conveying these aspects and indeed, enjoys putting time and effort into them.

If this initial outline appeals and you would like more detail, or even better, if it has sparked some ideas that you think might enhance it, please do feel free to get in touch. I would encourage the use of the sentence "Isn't it a beautiful day" in your opening PM, purely as a way of removing those who aren't dedicated enough to send more than a one-line message.

In addition I am happy to discuss other scenarios if you would prefer, though I must insist I am only prepared to discuss with those residing in the United Kingdom. This is purely for logistical reasons.

I do hope this message gives me more success than I have had before. I'm sure you are out there, Mr. or Ms. Right, so please, do get in touch!

With very best wishes,

Lucia x

I will add the following as a short afterthought as it is always something that I have wondered about. If you are an experienced roleplayer who is curious about my ideas, but don't consider what I have given here to be of sufficient detail/quality or to meet whatever standards you may have, then I would be happy to receive constructive criticism or advice.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am still looking for that special someone, that someone whose way with words can curl my toes and make me feel alive.

I want to live my stories, and I want to live them with you.

Back