Republican Senator tells it like it is

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
"When we excuse on our side what we attack on the other, then we are hypocrites. If we do that as a practice, then we are corrupt. If we continually accept this conduct as elected officials, then perhaps we shouldn't be elected officials."

Thus says Senator Jeff Flake from Arizona in his new book, Conscience of a Conservative: A Rejection of Destructive Politics and a Return to Principle".

Asked whether he believes Republican leaders are complicit in this notion if they don't call out the president, Flake responded, "I do think so."

"The last thing you want to do is wake up every morning and see a tweet... You know, it's tough not to just say, 'I'm not going to respond,'" Flake said. "And we can't respond to everything. But there are times when you have to stand up and say, 'I'm sorry. This is wrong.'"

"There are truths that are self-evident," Flake added. "And you've got to stand up and call -- whether it's the White House or other elected officials -- to task when they're-- they're not doing what they should. And I do think that we bear the responsibility, if we're elected officials, to do that."

Odd that Flake should say this now because if you look at my posting history, I've been saying the very same thing for years. Republicans are hypocrites for not calling out their own when they do the same thing they whine Democrats do. Even worse, those who claim to be conservatives keep excusing the crimes and incompetence of their own party with the whine, "But HILLARY!!!"

About time someone who is a real conservative, not the craptacular fakes claiming to be conservatives like Rush, Hannity and so on, tells it like it is.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/senator-jeff-flake-republican-party-lost-its-way/

Has Senator Flake been saying this in Congress, where it counts, and not just in a book? Maybe so, but I haven't seen it.

This goes back to McCain, who flip-flops wildly from hour to hour in his statements about the state of play in Washington at the moment.

Has Senator Flake been saying this in Congress, where it counts, and not just in a book? Maybe so, but I haven't seen it.

This goes back to McCain, who flip-flops wildly from hour to hour in his statements about the state of play in Washington at the moment.

That I can't say. However, that he is saying it at all is a good thing. It needs to be said time and again, and at every opportunity (which I regularly do).

Unfortunately, he is in favor of repealing net neutrality, so one can't have everything.

Politicians are hypocrites. So, vat else is new? :rolleyes:

BTW, that's an unfortunate name for a politician to have.

BTW, that's an unfortunate name for a politician to have.

And he comes from Snowflake Arizona! - deeply conservative, pro guns, Mormon missionary, anti internet privacy (Lobbies bought him with donations). Spent 2 years in South Africa and supported dialogue with the Apartheid regime. One of only 8 Senators to get a score of 100 from the American Conservative Union. A poor man's Mike Pence perhaps?

But he is very anti ear-marks

Last edited:
But he is very anti ear-marks

I'm glad you said that. I thought he was the one I remembered being like that.

While one can't have everything, at least he walks the walks of less spending. Unlike those other Republicans.

Back