Red State Politicians Are Killing Their Own Constituents

Rotadom

Satan's Plaything
Covid may have brought the health impacts of red state policies to light, but it's a phenomenon decades in the making.

https://thinkbigpicture.substack.co...fUR-wD1-oaze2eaq_0f_sOqsVtYqukSG4s7KO5914mSR4

Beginning in 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic brought to light a clear divide in health outcomes between those who live in red (Republican-leaning) counties and those who live in more pro-Democratic blue counties.

The more liberal the area, the more likely mask mandates, social distancing, and vaccine requirements would be implemented and followed, while the more conservative the area, the less likely that would be the case.

As a result, even though Covid’s initial spike in deaths and hospitalizations was concentrated in densely populated blue cities, it didn’t take much time for that to flip, resulting in a disproportionately greater number of hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid in red areas.

But this stark difference in health outcomes based on where Americans live is hardly a new phenomenon. This trend has been evident for decades thanks to conservative policies that simply put their constituents at greater risk.

As The Washington Post recently put it in their headline:

How Red-State Politics Are Shaving Years Off American Lives

This phenomenon can be traced back to conservative hero Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, who empowered states to take ownership of how federal dollars were spent.

In this piece, I’ll look at the differences in mortality rates in red vs. blue areas of the U.S. over time and how we got to such a stark and disturbing divide.

"Natural Selection" in its purest form.
Or "unnatural selection" if you will.

The rich get access to health care, the poor get ventilators and dignified funerals.
Bless
Their
True
Believer
Hearts.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take any more injections, but then each person has to make their own mind up. I wish everyone well regardless of politics, creed, color or any other division.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take any more injections, but then each person has to make their own mind up. I wish everyone well regardless of politics, creed, color or any other division.
Why? There is so much good delivered by injection, it seems you're promoting foolish advice. Perhaps on your next root canal, the Dental Surgeon can do it without an injection, I'd pay to watch that!

The nation apparently needs a few more months to get past the denial and start admitting what actually happened, after many more people die this winter. The internet shouting and attacks this winter may be the most loudest and angriest of the entire covid scare. I will have tea for my health and popcorn for the show.

The nation apparently needs a few more months to get past the denial and start admitting what actually happened, after many more people die this winter. The internet shouting and attacks this winter may be the most loudest and angriest of the entire covid scare. I will have tea for my health and popcorn for the show.
5.55 billion people in the world have received a dose of a Covid vaccine...deaths if any, would have already happened, but enjoy your popcorn anyhow.

During Covid, there was a healthcare website showing the number of non-white vs. white deaths. They stopped publishing when white deaths overtook non-white because it did not fit the narrative. But the number of deaths they did report (early and later) from Red states were often non-whites. For instance, Covid deaths in AL, MS and LA, all deep Red states, were highly non-white, including a huge toll on Native Americans. Their death rate was something like 10x the white rate and 5x the black rate.
The study said that black and latino people were super social and refused to stop socializing, leading to more deaths. I had to read the whole study for a work-related issue. I thought it was odd but then I saw the study being used to say that GOP was killing its own. That was not really the case.

Was this Tucker’s third story last night? Can almost see where his dramatic pauses to stare at the audience were.

Usually a post like includes this magical “study”, you know sourcing. But instead it is like most around here, hearsay.

During Covid, there was a healthcare website showing the number of non-white vs. white deaths.
This is the internet,so go link that site.Or shut the fuck up.Your posting here has already shown you're a moron, and I don't take the words of morons unless they can back it up with "facts".

The closest I could find, is a recent "study", and it doesn't back up what you said. In fact it is 100% the opposite...

https://www.apmresearchlab.org/covid/deaths-by-race

This is the internet,so go link that site.Or shut the fuck up.Your posting here has already shown you're a moron, and I don't take the words of morons unless they can back it up with "facts".

The closest I could find, is a recent "study", and it doesn't back up what you said. In fact it is 100% the opposite...

But he had to look at the study for work… it must be legit.

The only thing those dolts take as fact, is what Fox n Tucker tell them is a fact...
Tucker…

Who says his audience is “smart enough” to know his program isn’t news, it’s entertainment.

Are they smart enough Tucker?

Good article. Valid sources. It would appear that WallStreetGuy is not telling the truth vis-a-vis Covid deaths by race. You are correct, data points to a conclusion exactly the opposite of WallStreetGuy's conjecture.

Good article. Valid sources. It would appear that WallStreetGuy is not telling the truth vis-a-vis Covid deaths by race. You are correct, data points to a conclusion exactly the opposite of WallStreetGuy's conjecture.
No surprise there....

Covid may have brought the health impacts of red state policies to light, but it's a phenomenon decades in the making.

https://thinkbigpicture.substack.co...fUR-wD1-oaze2eaq_0f_sOqsVtYqukSG4s7KO5914mSR4

Beginning in 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic brought to light a clear divide in health outcomes between those who live in red (Republican-leaning) counties and those who live in more pro-Democratic blue counties.

The more liberal the area, the more likely mask mandates, social distancing, and vaccine requirements would be implemented and followed, while the more conservative the area, the less likely that would be the case.

As a result, even though Covid’s initial spike in deaths and hospitalizations was concentrated in densely populated blue cities, it didn’t take much time for that to flip, resulting in a disproportionately greater number of hospitalizations and deaths due to Covid in red areas.

But this stark difference in health outcomes based on where Americans live is hardly a new phenomenon. This trend has been evident for decades thanks to conservative policies that simply put their constituents at greater risk.

As The Washington Post recently put it in their headline:

How Red-State Politics Are Shaving Years Off American Lives

This phenomenon can be traced back to conservative hero Ronald Reagan in the 1980s, who empowered states to take ownership of how federal dollars were spent.

In this piece, I’ll look at the differences in mortality rates in red vs. blue areas of the U.S. over time and how we got to such a stark and disturbing divide.

Covid denial took out a bunch of voting trumptards. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

1. You're god damn right it is.

2. Lmao. It's only a deathwish if ignorant people don't do what they're supposed to do.

(Yes, both can be true) 😺

Red states with bible thumping gun nuts currently look safer than blue states , which is partly why many people have recently moved to red states.

Red states with bible thumping gun nuts currently look safer than blue states , which is partly why many people have recently moved to red states.
Looks can be deceiving, more so when compared to the actual statistics.

One day you'll learn the difference between cities and states. This isn't the day but it will come. Eventually. Possibly. Maybe. Ok, probably not.

Back