question for the moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

maedhros21

Experienced
I was recently reading a story series by an author named dainii the title of the series was 'Mister Gabe' Well after the author had placed the first 6 parts of the story over the course of six days it suddenly stopped.
Then parts 3,4 and 5 just disappeared. I had part 5 bookmarked but when I try to access it I'm given a message that it is waiting for moderator approval. I also have read in the comments for part 6 that some people think it was pulled for censorship due to tos violations.
Now I know a lot of people have strong opinions on the content of this story but I would like to know what guidelines the missing chapters violated. Other than one very violent scene which I may or may not agree needed to be toned down I have read so many similar stories on this site. None of them were ever removed.
I was just hoping the moderators could shed some light on this particular situation.

This is the author's note on Ch. 06, recently submitted:

I had originally posted much of the Mister Gabe series in 2013 and 2014. However, the story was going off track, and needed substantial rework prior to finishing it. I had the webmaster pull the stories so that I could do that. Here now is the revised version of the Mister Gabe tale.

All characters are 18 or over before involvement in sexual activity.

Your original question could only be answered by the author or by a PM to Laurel. The Moderators of the Story Discussion Circle wouldn't know.

I assume the dainii is revising the earlier chapters because it wasn't obvious that all the characters were over 18 (and other issues given in the note above).

This is the author's note on Ch. 06, recently submitted:

I had originally posted much of the Mister Gabe series in 2013 and 2014. However, the story was going off track, and needed substantial rework prior to finishing it. I had the webmaster pull the stories so that I could do that. Here now is the revised version of the Mister Gabe tale.

All characters are 18 or over before involvement in sexual activity.

Your original question could only be answered by the author or by a PM to Laurel. The Moderators of the Story Discussion Circle wouldn't know.

I assume the dainii is revising the earlier chapters because it wasn't obvious that all the characters were over 18 (and other issues given in the note above).
Thanks for your response but that isn't the case this time. The Author mentioned the pulling of the story with chapter 1, then he reposted the first six chapters. After a couple days chapters 3,4,5 disappeared again and no new chapters have been posted. I will try and pm laurel like you suggested.

I think the author is full of it. If you were rewriting an existing series you would replace the published chapters with edited versions

There are new versions up now which means they rewrote them to conform to whatever rule they violated. The fact they say the for sale version will be unedited and 'full' pretty much proves it was content issues that had the chapters banned multiple times

Last edited:
I think the author is full of it. If you were rewriting an existing series you would replace the published chapters with edited versions

There are new versions up now which means they rewrote them to conform to whatever rule they violated. The fact they say the for sale version will be unedited and 'full' pretty much proves it was content issues that had the chapters banned multiple times

Interesting.

I know nothing of the author and simply did a search for the name, so I had no idea past chapters had been denied, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

I know nothing of the author and simple did a search for the name, so I had no idea past chapters had been denied, etc.

We wouldn't by looking at the story list, but the OP mentioned how they had been removed and the author's note in the other story mentioned 'reworking' them so seeing they are there now, they must have fixed them to conform to whatever rule they broke.

I think that the answer to the OP is to contact Laurel, the editor, directly by PM. The forum and the story side are separate. The forum monitors have no more knowledge of why anything happens on the story side than anyone else does.

I think that the answer to the OP is to contact Laurel, the editor, directly by PM. The forum and the story side are separate. The forum monitors have no more knowledge of why anything happens on the story side than anyone else does.

But being that the OP is not the author in question I don't think Laurel would divulge anything about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back