Poll: Republicans see Trump as a ‘person of faith’ ... more so than Mitt Romney, Mike Pence and others

He had Faith.

And Hope.

And Joy.

And Gloria.

And Harmony.

Perfect example of why a policy of "well we aren't them so vote for us" will fail.

Litsters assume the poll refers only to faith in a narrowly defined set of religious beliefs. He could have faith in the strength and resilience of the American people, himself, the younger brains in his family, capitalism, etc. His decades of working for his ambitions show faith in something.

Litsters assume the poll refers only to faith in a narrowly defined set of religious beliefs. He could have faith in the strength and resilience of the American people, himself, the younger brains in his family, capitalism, etc. His decades of working for his ambitions show faith in something.
Lol...yea...that's what it means...

a lot of the elderly people who vote for him don't follow what's being said about him on tv/computer, and simply listen to the echoes of their fellow trumpies and once saw him holding a bible. My m-i-l has dropped support for any politicians since seeing Jan 6th (that completely shook her to her conservative roots) but before that she was convinced he was catholic!

She doesn't open the torrents of spam mail that still hit her box every day, but the headlines on the envelopes would make one's hair stand on end if believed...the contents worse: Biden is in cahoots with Satan, trump's the chosen one (by God almighty) and can be the only one to save seniors from Biden stealing all their savings and medicare, Biden is a pedophile, etc..., etc..., etc.... They all paint him as this white savior who can stop all the 'bad brownskinned' people coming over and raping everyone (once they've drugged or murdered them) and make the church strong again through faith...but the electorate NEEDS to understand he is chosen by God and must be re-elected to do God's work and to do that trump needs their money. It is full-on begging hate mail of the worse kind of lies.

If you read the article you will find it DOES refer to a narrowly defined set of religious beliefs. That was the whole premise of the poll question. Trying to use a red herring logical fallacy to muddy the water does nothing but say volumes about you.

As an aside an interesting thing is, taken as a whole the three categories (Republicans, Democrats and Independents) polled found that only 28.6% thought Trump was a person of faith, 38.3% said Mitt Romney was and 39.6% said Biden was. Hmmmmm...

comshaw

If you read the article you will find it DOES refer to a narrowly defined set of religious beliefs. That was the whole premise of the poll question. Trying to use a red herring logical fallacy to muddy the water does nothing but say volumes about you.

As an aside an interesting thing is, taken as a whole the three categories (Republicans, Democrats and Independents) polled found that only 28.6% thought Trump was a person of faith, 38.3% said Mitt Romney was and 39.6% said Biden was. Hmmmmm...

comshaw
I did read the article. That's where I saw the loophole. But with one extra click, there is the pollsters' polling data, which I might read later if I suddenly start caring about religious BS.

I did read the article. That's where I saw the loophole. But with one extra click, there is the pollsters' polling data, which I might read later if I suddenly start caring about religious BS.
And you really believe your "loophole" was real, appropriate and applicable? FFS.
Yep, that's really great logic!
1697502626695.jpeg

Comshaw

"No free lunch" applies to faith as much as anything else. There is no faith or belief system that works in all situations. Failure to recognize the limits of faith can lead to self-destruction or much worse.

The only time I saw trump near a church was when he was posing with the Bible upside down. Fucking turkey.

That's one helluva stretch. I mean does work? I guess. Though at this point I'm sure I really believe in the strength and resilience of the American people. I'll grant ivanka isn't stupid. Don Jr. . . .not sure. Given the state of America really over the last twenty odd years having faith in capitalism is a good reason to laugh at someone.

No they don’t. Not anymore than they see him as a person of competence or truthfulness. When it comes to bonespurs mctinyhands there’s a gulf between what they’ll say and what they really know to be true

Back