Poetry in song

Lovely, Theo! Backatcha. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI7-kLV9JQw I really like the way she dives into the song. As Senna might say, "Feisty!" :D

I hope you don't mind a little too much honesty, playcatch. It seems to be one of my many flaws. :)

This is another one that didn't do much for me, although I did find some of the lyrics interesting enough to look them up so I could read them and try to understand what the song is about. I was surprised to learn they are about Katniss Everdeen.

You're right that Lorde was into it. I guess I'm just not, unfortunately.

Keep 'em coming, though, if you got 'em. I'm open to it.

There is never too much honesty. Honesty is absolutely adorable. I will post when moved, aim to complement (or, alternately, challenge) the aesthetic currency (current aesthetic) as mood strikes. It's a fine release. Thank you, Theo. (May I call you Theo, or is that presumptuous of me?)

There is never too much honesty. Honesty is absolutely adorable. I will post when moved, aim to complement (or, alternately, challenge) the aesthetic currency (current aesthetic) as mood strikes. It's a fine release. Thank you, Theo. (May I call you Theo, or is that presumptuous of me?)

No, thank you. And of course you may call me Theo. I've been called much worse. :)

Have a good night.

I'm pretty sure I had that exact same dream, but I was naked. In a good way. "I alone hold the key to this wild parade" (not me, but perhaps Manu) is situationally appropriate, and while I usually prefer baritones to tenors, Ian Bostridge has a decent emotive range. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Never underestimate a woman with a cello, even when she's frocked in fuchsia.

Excellent choice PC, but why here and not in the "I am music" thread?
I suppose it's all poetry, anyway.
btw, Elgar seems to have been very fond of many high thump positions, doesn't he?
(as far as "cello technique" goes, that is).

btw, Elgar seems to have been very fond of many high thump positions, doesn't he?

I can't speak for playcatch, of course, but I'm glad she posted that here. I might not have seen it, otherwise, and I found it amazing. And yes, I think it's poetry. Earlier I posted a Bach solo by Leyla McCalla on cello. Just her playing the cello in a New Orleans back yard by herself. I just realized the video has been made private, so it's not apparent that's what it is. But it also is poetry, in my opinion.

I've thanked everyone here before for contributions to this thread, but I'd like to thank all of you again. This thread has proven very rewarding to me.

Perhaps grief influenced him. This was one of his last completed works, written for his wife who had passed away.

I happen to have both electric boots and a mohair suit! Wearing them now. Which way to the fatted calf? I don't eat that crap, but I have a spare napkin, I think, in case you get a little grease on your chin. ;)

In the meantime, Boom!

I happen to have both electric boots and a mohair suit! Wearing them now. Which way to the fatted calf? I don't eat that crap, but I have a spare napkin, I think, in case you get a little grease on your chin. ;)

In the meantime, Boom!

Careful. There may be hungry people out there. :)

Everyone's hungry in New York City. I'm tempting, but not as anybody's calf. My BMI is quite healthy, thanks. I recommend a vegan diet. The avie is me, not long ago. Sans mohair suit, sadly.

Everyone's hungry in New York City. I'm tempting, but not as anybody's calf. My BMI is quite healthy, thanks. I recommend a vegan diet. The avie is me, not long ago. Sans mohair suit, sadly.

You do look tempting. Even without your mohair suit. ;)

Back